It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Detect Signatures of Relativistic Spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: NiZZiM
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I think these guys are using our current understanding of physics to calculate this and thats why they miss the flying saucers that have already been visiting earth. Common sense would dictate that an interstellar race of beings would be familiar with hostility and thus either shield the craft like a stealth fighter and/or be beyond the need to. Cool article btw. I like that science can accept FTL travel (or somewhat near it)

Woodward goes into the politics of advanced propulsion research at NASA. lets just say that other than a short period NASA was always biased to chemical propulsion to the exclusion of all other research and in some cases the administrator had to go in and kick some asses to even get some of the semi independent entities in NASA to grudgingly devote resources to it. He names some names too. one center put up a website ridiculing advanced propulsion and that was the extent of thier cooperation for six months. Golden went back and asked them what they had done (which was nothing) and he had to deliver a full throated ass chewing and threaten to fire people to get them to do anything.

Daniel Goldin may go down in history (along with the current NASA administrator Charles Bolden) one of the most forward thinking NASA administrators in the history of the agency with regards to the astrophysics division.

It's a shame the stuff begun under his Origins program mostly got cancelled in 2006 (Terrestrial Planet Finder, Space Interferometry Mission, etc).
Not only that but he seems to have been genuinely interested in putting at least some funding into high risk high payoff propulsion research. He managed to at least salvage some funding for it for a while.

It still amazes me that NASA flew Eugene Podkletnov over to examine his antigravity/gravity shielding research.
yes but if Podkletnov is to be believed thier replication efforts were less than half hearted. they could not fabricate the ceramic article to his specs and did not bother to build a rotation system that could replicate the RPMs of his device. That seemed impossible to me until i learned the level of resources devoted to Dr White's research. You could get more money and support by couch fishing for lost change in the seat cushions in the break lounges in the HQ building.

Podkletnov is still pursuing his research in russia. allegedly getting far more impressive results too. at least he claims so.
edit on 26-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I think these guys are using our current understanding of physics to calculate this and thats why they miss the flying saucers that have already been visiting earth. Common sense would dictate that an interstellar race of beings would be familiar with hostility and thus either shield the craft like a stealth fighter and/or be beyond the need to. Cool article btw. I like that science can accept FTL travel (or somewhat near it)

Woodward goes into the politics of advanced propulsion research at NASA. lets just say that other than a short period NASA was always biased to chemical propulsion to the exclusion of all other research and in some cases the administrator had to go in and kick some asses to even get some of the semi independent entities in NASA to grudgingly devote resources to it. He names some names too. one center put up a website ridiculing advanced propulsion and that was the extent of thier cooperation for six months. Golden went back and asked them what they had done (which was nothing) and he had to deliver a full throated ass chewing and threaten to fire people to get them to do anything.

Daniel Goldin may go down in history (along with the current NASA administrator Charles Bolden) one of the most forward thinking NASA administrators in the history of the agency with regards to the astrophysics division.

It's a shame the stuff begun under his Origins program mostly got cancelled in 2006 (Terrestrial Planet Finder, Space Interferometry Mission, etc).
Not only that but he seems to have been genuinely interested in putting at least some funding into high risk high payoff propulsion research. He managed to at least salvage some funding for it for a while.

It still amazes me that NASA flew Eugene Podkletnov over to examine his antigravity/gravity shielding research.

PS: Thanks for the wormhole links.

you're welcome!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
would you believe that the Glen Research Center's torsion balance does not have sufficient sensitivity to replicate Dr White's EM research at its current Signal level? Dr Whites balance was fabricated in house. and it is more sensitive than the GRC balance. NASA has given Eagle works an end of month deadline to increase thier signal or it won't be sent to GRC for replication. they need a signal of at least 100 micronewtons to even bother and right now they get peaks of about 98 micronewtons. with about 5 days left and one engineer working on it. Said engineer is probably going to be let go if they do not make it. (and he is fairly famous) I don't get it. why not get GRC a better balance?

EDIT: And Dr White's Warp interferometry research is on hiatus because his assistant was removed and because of the deadline for the EM research.
edit on 26-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: stuff

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

yes but if Podkletnov is to be believed thier replication efforts were less than half hearted. they could not fabricate the ceramic article to his specs and did not bother to build a rotation system that could replicate the RPMs of his device. That seemed impossible to me until i learned the level of resources devoted to Dr White's research. You could get more money and support by couch fishing for lost change in the seat cushions in the break lounges in the HQ building.

Podkletnov is still pursuing his research in russia. allegedly getting far more impressive results too. at least he claims so.

Has he published anything since the 1990s?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Has he published anything since the 1990s?
i am not sure but i think so. i can look it up later. it's been too long since i watched the newer interview videos for me to say with certitude.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

would you believe that the Glen Research Center's torsion balance does not have sufficient sensitivity to replicate Dr White's EM research at its current Signal level? Dr Whites balance was fabricated in house. and it is more sensitive than the GSR balance.

I believe it.

NASA has given Eagle works an end of month deadline to increase thier signal or it won't be sent to GRC for replication. they need a signal of at least 100 micronewtons to even bother and right now they get peaks of about 98 micronewtons. with about 5 days left and one engineer working on it. Said engineer is probably going to be let go if they do not make it. (and he is fairly famous) I don't get it. why not get GSR a better balance?

Budget. Seriously.

EDIT: And Dr White's Warp interferometry research is on hiatus because his assistant was removed and because of the deadline for the EM research.

That's a shame. I look at it like this. Dr. White has published enough information that even if NASA somehow misses this opportunity, others, perhaps in Europe or China will duplicate his research so it's just a setback.

If there is anything to the warp theory research it will be discovered if not in the US then elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
the problem is you cannot simply pump more power into the EM device frustrum. if you do the q drops and the spurious inputs increase dramatically; E.G; increased thermal expansion in the dielectric material or induced fields in the test rig. they can increase the signal in other ways but it is a slow plodding process. I think they are screwed.

EDIT: OTOH if the peak signal matters then 2 micro newtons might be doable since they have been working on it for the past month an a half. OTOOH i am pretty sure the peak isn't the problem. So i dunno.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join