It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel must end its 50-year occupation of Palestine, the White House says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: the2ofusr1

True, the UN really doesn't have the fortitude to step in and just take over the entire region. I doubt they'd be able to get a majority of the world powers on board either. It would be an interesting setup though!

Well, it's all about that US veto, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Here's my solution:

The UN steps in. The international community agreed to create the nation of Israel in the first place, so have the UN step in and basically say:

"OK boys and girls listen up! Since NONE of you can get along, NO ONE gets to have a country anymore. This entire geographical area is now under UN control, and belongs to ALL the people of planet Earth. The UN will police and establish a representative government that any ethnicity is allowed to participate in. The UN will also fund this area and place it's headquarters in Jerusalem instead of New York."

There you go, turn Israel into a neutral, UN controlled country that NO ONE "owns".

Sheesh.

Yes because the evil Jews can't have a single country.

The Arabs already have many and they don't want the palies.

But not one single country for Jews.

Oh no can't have that.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: daaskapital

Then President Clinton offered all PLO demands and Arafat walked away in 1996.

A two-state solution thrown away...

The palies don't want a 2 state solution.

They want the Jews dead and isreal totally gone.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Theres a slight problem with that. Dont the white house realize that "palestinians" ALl genrations before and up until the death of yasser arafatt were not really related to anyone there? Dont tell me the whitehouse cannot find the off mike comments Arafatt and PLO leadership have made throwing their claim into the trash bin of being palestinian. Im a paraphrase arafatt. one minute we are refugees the next we are majically palestinians.

Palestinians need to provide 100 percent proof before forcing them to give land back. IF anything the land should revert to the owners before the 7 day war. Not to the palestinians anyway. Although put in a stipulation on the return. DMZ zone it. If they violate the DMZ(other than acidentally) the land reverts back to Israel.

what are you talking about? Who do you think we're evicted by the hundreds of thousands from their homes there by Israeli army? Those people are Palestinians. And if you look at the earliest maps in existence the entire region is called Palestine. If you want yo get into he said semantics to try and paint a picture that those people have no tie to that land... I'm amazed.

I mean, the people in Israel can't even prove they're lineage of King David.

Bottom line, Israel is occupying a people, practicing apartheid tactics, and lying every chance they get when the topic of concessions comes up.

Aac

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Your quite correct .Although a little mentioned historical fact here.And unless I recall incorrectly,Ararat quit over right of return clause.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

The palies don't want a 2 state solution.

They want the Jews dead and isreal totally gone.

Did Sean Hannity tell you that?

AAC

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Here's my solution:

The UN steps in. The international community agreed to create the nation of Israel in the first place, so have the UN step in and basically say:

"OK boys and girls listen up! Since NONE of you can get along, NO ONE gets to have a country anymore. This entire geographical area is now under UN control, and belongs to ALL the people of planet Earth. The UN will police and establish a representative government that any ethnicity is allowed to participate in. The UN will also fund this area and place it's headquarters in Jerusalem instead of New York."

There you go, turn Israel into a neutral, UN controlled country that NO ONE "owns".

Sheesh.

Oh no can't have that.

The jews never had a countrY in the first place.

AAC

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You're forgetting their "Samson option".

They would terrorize UN post just like they did to the British when they controlled the region. Ie King david hotel bombing.

AAC

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Where are Israelis going to go then?

Back behind the border of the nation they were given. Nobody said Israel has to cease to exist.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm sure our suggestion will be taken with great consideration. We don't go and illegally occupy territories, especially if the UN is against it. Hahahahha

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

First. The "area" of palestine has existed Only since the ROMANS renamed it as a punishment to the jews/hebrews.
This is well documented and you can look it up. they illegally renamed it according to todays standards. now since we are going by todays standards the renaming should be reversed to JUDEA before ROMAN interferrence.

And can you actually dispute the Comments made by Arafatt and the PLO leadership? I said the CURRENT GENERATION IS ACTUAL NATIVE NOW. The PREVIOUS ones ARAFATT included were not officially natives and were refugees from egypt,syria,and surrounding nations. ONLY the current generation on BOTH SIDES are native enough to actually be considered in a true combined state. CAPS are for EMPHASIS only so do not take it as upset.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So Israelis can't occupy Palestinian land but Mexicans can occupy as much of america as they want....

Pot meet kettle.

Yeah but the Mexicans aren't calling the land they live on as part of Mexico are they? Do they set up checkpoints to stop people from going to work or seeking medical aid? Didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Here's my solution:

Sheesh.

Oh no can't have that.

Why are you talking about Jews for? Israel is a Zionist state not a Jewish state. Go read who the Brits made the agreement with for the Balfour Declaration it wasn't Jewish groups it was Zionist groups. Besides according to the Jewish faith they aren't supposed to have a nation until the return of the Messiah. Have you seen this Messiah because I sure haven't.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Their response to that (I'm sure) will be both sides screaming about what their "gods" promised them,etc.etc...

The ONLY way there will ever be any kind of peace in the middle east is if they flush their religions down the toilet and stop hating each other for imaginary reasons-I don't mean just the middle eastern religions,either.

ALL of the religions.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Where are Israelis going to go then?

Israel must return to the borders' defined by the Plan of Partition with Economic Union of Palestine were it defined the «Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem» that is being violated by Israelis ever since, with the support of the United States.

Edit: map:

BIG MAP

UNITED NATIONS SOURCE
edit on 25/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Are there no think tanks that can offer a list of solutions?

Eg. split country in half, move Palestine to one side, Israelis to the other, align the pal to Mid East and the Jews to Europe. dMZ until peace restored.

Or Say 10 others that may work.

Then have a referendum. Largest one wins.

I would also put an 11th one on each ballot, wipe the 'other side' off the earth. If that has the majority for both sides, then the UN really needs to focus on maturing people, counseling and explaining the benefits of peace and every 2 years hold the ballot.

If no one believes in a solution it won't work.

We need to work on the mindset and psyche of what drives all these people and try to work this from bottom up not top down.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are capable as a human race to do this without spin for personal gain for the 'leaders'.

Perhaps if NATO (hmmmmm) or some other independent facilitated the polls and the UN tried to facilitate the solutions and highlight where both sides are being unrealistic.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

No need to. Just comply with the Plan of Partition with Economic Union of Palestine between other aspects, it defines the limits of:
- Independent Arab state;
- Independent Jewish state;
- the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Was this land taken in the 6 day war? If so then if they have to return it then the USA should return Arizona, colorado and all the other land we took from Mexico in the Mexico/American war. Fair is fair.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry any land Israel gained after the 6 day war and the Yom kipper are theirs, it was earned in blood.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer
Of course you understand the meaning of International Law, where are included the Geneva conventions (didn't exist at the time you refer in the US)? don't need to answer that.

I will let you take your time to check Israel violations when it comes to Occupation and land grab:

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950); Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967) ; Res. 252 (May 21, 1968); Res. 267 (Jul. 3, 1969); Res. 271 (Sep. 15, 1969); Res. 298 (Sep. 25, 1971); Res. 446 (Mar. 22, 1979); Res. 452 (Jul. 20, 1979); Res. 465 (Mar. 1, 1980); Res. 469 (May 20, 1980); Res. 471 (Jun. 5, 1980); Res. 476 (Jun. 30, 1980); Res. 478 (Aug. 20, 1980); Res. 497 (Dec. 17, 1981); Res. 592 (Dec. 8, 1986); Res. 605 (Dec. 22, 1987); Res. 607 (Jan. 5, 1988); Res. 608 (Jan. 14, 1988); Res. 636 (Jul. 6, 1989); Res. 641 (Aug. 30, 1989); Res. 681 (Dec. 20, 1990); Res. 694 (May 24, 1991); Res. 726 (Jan. 6, 1992); Res. 799 (Dec. 18, 1992); Res. 1435 (Sep. 24, 2002); Res. 1544 (May 19, 2004); Res. 1860 (Jan. 8, 2009).
Israeli Violations of U.N. Security Council Resolutions

I will transcript just 2 from the above, all of them go around the same though:

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950): Expresses its conviction that the maintenance of the General Armistice Agreement is threatened by any deliberate violation of that Agreement by one of the parties to it, and that no progress towards the return of permanent peace in Palestine can be made unless the parties comply strictly with their obligations under the General Armistice Agreement and the cease-fire provisions of its resolution 54 (1948)

Res. 89 (Nov. 17, 1950)

sorry Irishhaf, but that can't happen, it's called theft and the perpetuation of violence.

Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967): Emphasizes “the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war”, emphasizes that member states have a commitment to abide by the U.N. Charter, and calls for the “Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied” during the June 1967 war

Res. 242 (Nov. 22, 1967)

Of course, I left out all the other violations...
edit on 25/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join