It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel must end its 50-year occupation of Palestine, the White House says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Now that is a good old fashioned WIN WIN !! Get the useless UN out of the US and let them enjoy some warm weather for a while!!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Attention!!!

Please, Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum and You are responsible for your own posts.

DO not reply to this post.
edit on Fri Mar 27 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
To anyone interested I made a request to the egyptian government for a copy of the declassified battle plans they had for israel back then. With any luck they will let me get one.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

(post by criticalhit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I dare all people defending Israel to comment on this.

declassified documents prove israel intentionally attacked the US Liberty

Five days after the Liberty attack, Harman cabled Eban that a source the Israelis code-named "Hamlet" was reporting that the Americans had "clear proof that from a certain stage the pilot discovered the identity of the ship and continued the attack anyway."

Harman repeated the warning three days later, advising Eban, who is now dead, that the White House was "very angry," and that "the reason for this is that the Americans probably have findings showing that our pilots indeed knew that the ship was American."

According to a memoir by then-CIA director Richard Helms, President Johnson's personal anger was manifest when he discovered the story of the Liberty attack on an inside page of the next day's New York Times. Johnson barked that "it should have been on the front page!"

Israeli historian Tom Segev, who mentioned the cables in his recent book "1967," said other cables showed that Harman's source for the second cable was Arthur Goldberg, then U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Please continue to justify that Israel is Americas ally.

AAC.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Denic McDonough, the White House Chief of Staff, has said that Israel must end its 50 year occupation of Palestine. The statement comes after the White House announced its reassessing of its relationship with Israel.

Israel must end its 50-year occupation of the Palestinian territories, Barack Obama’s White House has said.

In a speech on Monday, the White House chief of staff Denis McDonough called into question the Israeli government’s commitment to finding a peaceful solution to the Middle East conflict.

“Israel cannot maintain military control of another people indefinitely,” he told a meeting of liberal American pro-Israel lobbyists, J-Street. “An occupation that has lasted for almost 50 years must end.”

Mr McDonough, the most senior official in the US president’s team, was highly critical of earlier comments made Israel’s prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in which the country’s leader indicated he was not interested in working towards Palestinian sovereignty.

Israel’s occupation is illegal under international law and the United Nations has repeatedly told the country’s government to vacate Palestinian territory.

Human rights groups have also criticised settlements set up by Israelis in Palestinian territory, which Amnesty International says are responsible for “a myriad of human rights violations”.

www.independent.co.uk...

Personally, i think this is a great development. Even the USA is starting to see through Israel's bull#.

There is only so long a people can be subjected to military oppression and occupation. The Palestinians have had it rough for 50 years...50 years too long. It is only right that they get their freedom and self-determination.

Oh yah...The only determination the pallies have is to wipe Israel off the face of the map...They'd like nothing better than to be able to launch their daily barrage of missiles from the West Bank...

Obama and his crew need to step away from the bong...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
More declassified documents from Lyndon Johnsons presidential archives.

israels attack in 1967 not necessary.

Israeli and U.S. historians and commentators describe the surprise attack as necessary, and the war as inevitable, the result of Nasser's fearsome war machine that had closed the Strait of Tiran, evicted United Nations peacekeeping troops, taunted the traumatized Israeli public, and churned toward the Jewish state's border with 100,000 troops. "The morning of 5 June 1967," wrote Israel's warrior-turned-historian, Chaim Herzog, "found Israel's armed forces facing the massed Arab armies around her frontiers." Attack or be annihilated: The choice was clear.

Or was it? Little-noticed details in declassified documents from the LBJ Presidential Library in Austin, Texas, indicate that top officials in the Johnson administration -- including Johnson's most pro-Israeli Cabinet members -- did not believe war between Israel and its neighbors was necessary or inevitable, at least until the final hour. In these documents, Israel emerges as a vastly superior military power, its opponents far weaker than the menacing threat Israel portrayed, and war itself something that Nasser, for all his saber-rattling, tried to avoid until the moment his air force went up in smoke. In particular, the diplomatic role of Nasser's vice president, who was poised to travel to Washington in an effort to resolve the crisis, has received little attention from historians. The documents sharpen a recurring theme in the history of the Israeli-Arab wars, and especially of their telling in the West: From the war of 1948 to the 2007 conflict in Gaza, Israel is often miscast as the vulnerable David in a hostile sea of Arab Goliaths.

"You will whip the hell out of them," Lyndon Johnson told Israeli Foreign Minister Abba Eban during a visit to the White House on May 26, 1967. The president's conclusions were based on multiple intelligence reports, including a CIA assessment that Israel "can maintain internal security, defend successfully against simultaneous Arab attacks on all fronts, launch limited attacks simultaneously on all fronts, or hold any of three fronts while mounting successfully a major offensive on the fourth." As Nicholas Katzenbach, U.S. undersecretary of state at the time, recalled: "The intelligence was absolutely flat on the fact that the Israelis ... could wipe out the Arabs in no time at all."

A key discrepancy lay between U.S. and British intelligence reports and those conveyed to the administration by the Israelis. On May 26, the same day Eban met with Johnson and Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, Dean Rusk, the secretary of state, relayed a message from Israel indicating "that an Egyptian and Syrian attack is imminent." In a memo to the president, Rusk wrote: "Our intelligence does not confirm this Israeli estimate." Indeed, this contradicted all U.S. intelligence, which had characterized Nasser's troops in the Sinai as "defensive in nature" and only half (50,000) of the Israeli estimates. Walt Rostow, the national security advisor, called Israeli estimates of 100,000 Egyptian troops "highly disturbing," and the CIA labeled them "a political gambit" for the United States to stand firm with Israelis, sell them more military hardware, and "put more pressure on Nasser."

I know how much you Israel defenders hate facts. But how can you ignore the obvious? In fact, how can you still justify your position in light of zero supporting evidence?

Please explain.

AAC
edit on 27-3-2015 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My position is/was always....

Israel wanted to steal land and resources, make it look like they were being defensive, all do that they could justify their illegal occupation. And in light of that, they knowingly attack US Liberty so that the communications ship could intercept radio communication uncovering their nefarious plot.

I beg for someone to post and evidence to the contrary.

AAC

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

God gave that land to Israel over 3000 years ago.In my opinion,Israel should never
allow Jerusalem to be divided,or give land away for peace.Any peace agreements
would only be as good as the paper it was written on!This should sound very familiar
to people,Hitler also signed peace agreements that were just pieces of useless paper.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

God gave that land to Israel over 3000 years ago.In my opinion,Israel should never
would only be as good as the paper it was written on!This should sound very familiar
to people,Hitler also signed peace agreements that were just pieces of useless paper.

Really? Well if that God gave them something it should be honored 3,000 years later? Let's consider your logic... First... God gave the Hopi Indians their land, but then the hopis were slaughtered and their land stolen. The Mayan God gave the Mayans their land, now they are displaced. Same for the incas, Aztecs, native Indians and every other ancient God worshiper. Yet they are no longer inhabitants of their God given land.

Let's look at the Judaic God and study the Talmud... That God says that jews can have sex with children as long as they are under the age of nine. And also having sex with young boys is also acceptable. Having said that, who the hell in their right mind would obey that God 3,000 years later?

Seriously, think about it. Indians, Chinese, Japanese, and countless other people have no idea of that God and could care less. Religion is cultural. Where you are born is what you believe.

If you were born in Iran, you would be a Muslim.

Please break free from your ignorant logic of religion. It's tearing the world apart.

AAC

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

The U.S. government has also signed many useless pieces of paper pretending to be
peace treaties.I agree that many civilizations have had their lands stolen by outsiders.
I have also heard about those atrocities against children in the talmud.I am not familiar
enough with the talmud to render an opinion.
You are right that religion is tearing this world apart.You should also prepare yourself and
loved ones.This world is about to go through troubles that will make all world
wars look like a trip to the park.
edit on 28-3-2015 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The only thing history has taught the masses is that the masses have not learned from history.

Humans have in my opinion a generation of short term memory. Those who live in the developed world have had less hardships than those of previous in my opinion. *I speak referring to my generation, I'm 25, and maybe some of those that came a little before me*

Fighting escalates and only provides the resolve and conviction of the other side. Power is not dedicating massive amounts of money to weapons and force, power is spending massive amounts on education and progressing our true problems. Power is being using knowledge and emotional intelligence to be able to sit down and really be a man and convey productive solutions to our world leaders. An idea is stronger than any weapon or military. You cannot kill an idea, and it takes real skill to sit down with someone with completely opposing ideas and break down barriers.

Dumb youthful dreams most likely, I doubt I will live to see an intelligent world. If I do I'd put money down it would take an extreme low to break the short term generation memory to address issues as we should.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

So Israelis can't occupy Palestinian land but Mexicans can occupy as much of america as they want....

Pot meet kettle.

What a crock of _____.

Um.... We are discussing military occupation or oppression, not merely immigrants...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

First. The "area" of palestine has existed Only since the ROMANS renamed it as a punishment to the jews/hebrews.
This is well documented and you can look it up. they illegally renamed it according to todays standards. now since we are going by todays standards the renaming should be reversed to JUDEA before ROMAN interferrence.

And can you actually dispute the Comments made by Arafatt and the PLO leadership? I said the CURRENT GENERATION IS ACTUAL NATIVE NOW. The PREVIOUS ones ARAFATT included were not officially natives and were refugees from egypt,syria,and surrounding nations. ONLY the current generation on BOTH SIDES are native enough to actually be considered in a true combined state. CAPS are for EMPHASIS only so do not take it as upset.

This is a ridiculous argument.

So what if it was not named that before....

Can you tell me the number of modern countries that hold the identical borders and names to 2000 years ago or longer? Very few if any. Some do have a name continuity.

Your argument, a tired and old one, is very illogical if you look at evidence and think about it.

1) It requires that there were no inhabitants there excepting some refugees. To argue that the land was empty is obviously problematic.

2) Many anthropologists and geneticists believe many Palestinians are related to ancient Canaanites. Not only that, some posit that in fact they may be converted Israelites!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Religious arguments have zero place in international relations, sorry.

You have no proof excepting the Old Testament that "God gave it to them."

Second, this puts you between a rock and a hard place. The Old Testament says that the Jews weren't the original inhabitants of Israel, and invaded and committed genocide on at least some tribes existing there.

To say that there were no Canaanites there after and alongside the Israelites (which is improbable) means to admit to a complete holocaust on the part of the Israelites in killing all of the Canaanites.

So tell me again how the "Jews were there first?"

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

That land was given to Israel by GOD, and recovered for them by GOD. They will give nothing back to those heathens. It rightfully belong to Israel. I hate that innocents are dying over there, but GOD gives and GOD takes as he will. The Palestinians are from the seed of Cain and the bloodline is cursed.

"Cursed bloodlines"? Interesting. Sounds like the same arguments Nazis and white supremacists use.

Also, if it was God's will, then why didn't He stop the 1st Temple from being destroyed? Oh yeah, He removed His covenant because the Israelites kept breaking the covenant, and kept turning away from His prophets.

And why didn't God stop the 2nd Temple from being destroyed or save the Tribe of Judah during their 3 wars with the Romans? And why didn't God help the Tribe of Judah rebuild the 3rd Temple when they tried in the 300s AD? You know, the time they tried to build the Temple but God kept making fireballs appear from within the earth to stop their workers. Then God kept making earthquakes to destroy any progress they made until they gave up on it.

And why didn't God let the Tribe of Judah keep Palestine in the early 600s AD? You know, when they joined with the Persian Sassanids (who were Zoroastrians) to fight against the Byzantine Christians; briefly conquered Palestine; killed off the Christians there & destroyed their churches & other structures to make a strictly Jewish state (sound familiar?); but then got kicked out by the Persians, massacred by the Byzantine reinforcements, and gave up on Jerusalem until the late 1800s with the creation of Zionism. Why don't you all ever speak on these events?

Last, you kept mentioning God but what about the large section of Israeli Jews who don't even believe in God? How do they fit into the picture? Jewish Atheism

Yup, the Christians frequently justify the original asserted genocide of the Canaanites in the Old Testament by saying that the Canaanites were impure and would pollute the bloodline of David, and hence had to be killed.

Sounds just like Hitler. According to Hitler the Jews were sub-human and polluting the blood of the Germans, who were a special and chosen people.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Ifi recall no christians were around during the purge of the caananiites. those were hebrews

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join