It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I thought we executed deserters.

We traded for a traitor. (typical Obama.)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

He is tried under the UCMJ. Perhaps learn the law governing such things.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Um, not guilty yet as he has yet to be convicted...... As for your feelings, I hear the Sith are hiring....

He admitted it....no need for a court in my eyes. If he isn't convicted then there is something seriously underhanded going on.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

He admitted it....no need for a court in my eyes.

While you're at it why don't you use your US Constitution, guaranteeing a fair trial, to wipe your bum with? It seems that is about as much respect as you have for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Hasn't been tried yet. Perhaps you should learn the law governing such things.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

So, the person that wants more control over people, in regards to the 2nd, will now grandstand about other Rights. Interesting.

So, while you are at it, why don't you read up on the UCMJ. It is a great read.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

No question in my mind, but in the eyes of the law, there still needs to be a trial.

link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

He wasn't charged with desertion when the deal happened.

It was a bum deal no doubt, but in the eyes of innocent until proven guilty, he was an innocent man.

link   

I am pretty well versed in the UCMJ. The Bill of Rights isn't the basis for what Military members are tried under.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

While you're at it why don't you use your US Constitution, guaranteeing a fair trial, to wipe your bum with? It seems that is about as much respect as you have for it.

Obama beat him to it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have plenty of respect for it and the laws. Unfortunately those in power dont, which is why this POS is even back on US soil.

A US soldier deserts his post to join the enemy and you think it's odd for me to comdemn him for this?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I am well aware of your attitude toward these kinds of matters, I am sure you would enjoy dragging the man out back (without a trial) and putting two in the back of his head.

I am also aware of the overwhelming hypocrisy of that attitude.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca

No question in my mind, but in the eyes of the law, there still needs to be a trial.

There will be a trial. I never said there wouldn't or shouldn't be.

He should be decently fed, decently tried, and decently shot.

You can pay me when you see me, Josey Wales.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Still deserves an actual trial before we all start screeching for blood, you know. Until he has been declared guilty by a court or tribunal, I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I am well aware of your attitude toward these kinds of matters, I am sure you would enjoy dragging the man out back (without a trial) and putting two in the back of his head

I would enjoy that with or without a trial.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think his confession speaks for itself. However we do NEED a trial to determine lawfully how severe his punishment can be.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yea. I agree, the Obama admin needs to be held accountable for this crap. If the military convicts then that means we traded a bunch of murders for a criminal of the highest offense. That is bullcrap.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I, for one, don't think a desertion charge is enough. I say he gets tried for treason. Good men died and bad men were set free on account of Bergdahl.

I don't know if I'd go so far as treason, but he definitely needs to rot.

The only way I'd go so far as treason is if there is some proof he actively tried to betray the forces with his actions. It's not like he necessarily wanted those five men released for him. That is the betrayal of the Admin. They should be charged for any treason from that.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"served with honor and distinction" ~ Susan Rice 6/1/14

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

Still deserves an actual trial before we all start screeching for blood, you know. Until he has been declared guilty by a court or tribunal, I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He left a letter saying he was ashamed to be an American then left the base. There is no benefit of doubt to be given.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join