It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz wants to scrap IRS. Could this lead to a plain english income tax on Americans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I figured this fits best under rant than any other.

Now I’m not here to argue the validity of the IRS or the "laws" they use to enforce the taxation. I already believe that the current taxation of wages earned by Americans is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated by our government. This topic has been covered many times here on ATS.

What I am here to talk about is the potential for this to turn into a full blown law in plain English that requires Americans to pay taxes on wages earned.

Most Americans hate the IRS already. It wouldn’t be hard for someone to push abolishing it and just go with a flat tax on wages earned. We would eat it up thinking everybody "pays the same". But in reality we would just be giving our government more power and this time a plain English law to tax us on wages earned. Best part is Americans would want it.

Thats just my thought. What does ATS think?

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 25-3-2015 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Not sure how I feel about the tax thing but Cruz is too conservative he should never be president.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Unrealistic.

Sounds like a 4th grader running for class president promising longer lunch hours and recess time.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm all for getting rid of IRS. It will never happen though. The RINOs on the right will fight it because they like the convoluted tax code just as much as the liberals on the left. The CPA lobby, particularly the large accounting firms and their lawyer cohorts will fight it tooth and nail.

I want a flat tax, no deductions or credits. Something like a 5% corporate income tax. The tax code is essentially a work program for accountants and lawyers.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Unrealistic.

Sounds like a 4th grader running for class president promising longer lunch hours and recess time.

This. I would love to not have the IRS but its more than just saying you will abolish it... Don't forget the free (diet) soda!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Great idea I'm all for it. But traditionally every time this idea is brought up it goes over like a pregnant polevaulter.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A straight flat tax is something this country needs. It would go a long way toward stopping a lot of the political pay to play shenanigans going on currently. We don't see it because it's hidden in the tax code manipulations. Which industries get which tax breaks and where.

GE is one of Obama's biggest cronies, and you shouldn't wonder how they manage to manipulate their way out of their entire domestic tax burdern. It's because we have this convoluted tax code.

A straight up tax rate of one percentage, no breaks or loopholes stops that.

Not only that, but then everyone has a vested interest in how the money is spent by their reps because everyone feels the bite. I'm tired of people voting hands deeper into my pockets because it doesn't affect them. They only get money back at the end of the day.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
A straight flat tax is something this country needs. It would go a long way toward stopping a lot of the political pay to play shenanigans going on currently. We don't see it because it's hidden in the tax code manipulations. Which industries get which tax breaks and where.

GE is one of Obama's biggest cronies, and you shouldn't wonder how they manage to manipulate their way out of their entire domestic tax burdern. It's because we have this convoluted tax code.

A straight up tax rate of one percentage, no breaks or loopholes stops that.

Not only that, but then everyone has a vested interest in how the money is spent by their reps because everyone feels the bite. I'm tired of people voting hands deeper into my pockets because it doesn't affect them. They only get money back at the end of the day.

The last time that whole "skin in the game" argument was used we got obamacare.

Besides, for those on the bottom rungs of the ladder they can't pay anything.

They are at a surplus tax rate right now and still need welfare just to eat.

Taking money from them in any increment is crazy, they don't have it.

Taxing business less won't help they will just pocket the extra and still not pay their workers more.

If we are going to restructure the IRS we need to just restructure the entire economy.

Corporate greed is the issue honestly.

That is what needs the most fixing.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What a load...can we document this bit of posturing as one of the many lies our politicians will spin to get to the top of the mountain...

Impossible...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I'm in favor of allowing an opt out. You sign away your vote in return for not paying tax. As soon as you agree to pick up your tax burden for a period of not less than three years (I don't want people who only jump in on election year), you get your voting rights back.

The original Revolution was No Taxation Without Representation? This can be No Representation Without Taxation.

edit on 25-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You cant scrap the IRS without taking Obamacare down with it. The IRS has become the muscle or private passive army to reap your tax refund if you choose to opt out. I just cant see them garnishing wages to collect any healthcare penalties. Maybe I missed that part.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You know if Ted Cruz really wants to get rid of Obamacare and the IRS he can't be that bad. I might have to reconsider him as a potential candidate.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm in favor of allowing an opt out. You sign away your vote in return for not paying tax. As soon as you agree to pick up your tax burden for a period of not less than three years (I don't want people who only jump in on election year), you get your voting rights back.

The original Revolution was No Taxation Without Representation? This can be No Representation Without Taxation.

The people of this country had a vote before they were taxed.

People always deserve a vote, they are still subject to the laws these idiots pass.

Now if I could opt out if the whole package except for things like rape and murder.

Then you have a deal.

No more bs permits parking tickets etc.

Sounds lime freedom to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I wouldn't ever vote for Cruz. He gives simple sound bites about things he wants to abolish, but gives no alternative plan on how he would replace it. Abolishing the IRS is a great idea, but lets hear the specific details of the plan! He wants to abolish Obama Care too, but has offered no plan of his own on how to reduce the cost of health care and insure millions of Americans who have no health insurance.

He has more hot air than substance.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I wouldn't ever vote for Cruz. He gives simple sound bites about things he wants to abolish, but gives no alternative plan on how he would replace it. Abolishing the IRS is a great idea, but lets hear the specific details of the plan! He wants to abolish Obama Care too, but has offered no plan of his own on how to reduce the cost of health care and insure millions of Americans who have no health insurance.

He has more hot air than substance.

Why have an alternative?

We got along great with the IRS or obamacare for a long time.

In fact we got more stealing etc these days from the big guys who don't get in any trouble than ever.

I say abolish all but 10,000 laws.

They can puck which ones.

But they can't have other laws attached, can't be more than 10 regular pieces of paper long with nothing but standard type size and must be written in plain layman's English.

If they want to pass another they have to get rid of an old one.

There will not be any exemption for any groups period.

If the is tax is 15% then nobody or business gets any exemption.

If the law says don't steal and an exec at a big bank steals in any manner he gets the exact same as sombody else who stole.

Then we make it illegal to acquire higher than 6% profit margin in healthcare for any private company.

This includes devices services etc.

If the bedpan costs $1 you can only charge $1.06 max.

This would reduce the price of all health care by factors.

You ever see what they charge for some of this stuff?

They are marking it up by thousands of times sometimes.

As far as taxes.

Just a flat federal level sales tax if 4%.

No exception period.

Get rid of the FED.

Just close it up.

Tell its private club of hidden billionaire investors to suck it on interest owed.

Make new currency based on the price of precious metals.

Gold platinum silver etc.

The gov can not print more notes than they have reserves at actual market value.

Just to start off with.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You ever see what they charge for some of this stuff?

That's what's really outrageous. I'm experiencing it now! My mother is 93 years old and is getting care in an assisted living center - not a nursing home. Her monthly bill is 4,800 dollars a month!!! She's on the low end compared to other residents. Some residents are paying 8,000 - 12,000 per month!!!! I'm sure the care expenses don't come anywhere near that amount.

These homes are draining their life savings and any inheritance they want to leave to their children. Don't even expect to go on medicaid because if you have more than 8,000 dollars in the bank, you have to use that up before medicaid kicks in.

Check out these ridiculous charges per month...

-Administering daily medication (2 pills) = 15.00 a day, 450.00 per month

-Incontinence Products = $150.00 per month

-"Personal Care Plus" - $1,680.00

-Personal care suite (room) = $2,610.00

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I think the idea is the current IRS is corrupted and soiled so deeply by the Lois Learner scandal that the entire things needs to be scrapped and created anew. So long as whatever tax plan comes out of DC takes less of my earnings, I'll be happier than I currently am. I fall outside of the 50% who receive all of their taxes (and then some) back as refunds at the end of the year, so taxes actually cost me money. I dislike that intensely.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
I say abolish all but 10,000 laws.

They can puck which ones.

See, that's still way too many laws and the CONSTITUTION needs to have that final pick regardless. Presently we have an abundance of laws which wave their bare ass at the Constitution. That's something which shouldn't be, something which far too much blood has been shed over the past 250 years to ensure against, and something which a goodly amount of blood should be shed present day to rectify. But hell, too many folk are glued to their little iPhones and cable TV shows to actually notice that they're being shafted so nothing will change and the Tree of Liberty will go unfertilized and eventually die.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yes your country needs tax reform but honestly is a guy married to a VP of Goldman Sachs a place to go for economic reform?

new topics

top topics

join