It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Tells Iraqis to Unite Against U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hussein, thru his lawyers, calls for continued resistance

yahoo nes source

From his prison cell, Saddam Hussein urged his compatriots to remain united against the U.S. occupation and warned that upcoming elections could divide the country [...]
"Our representative in Iraq told us that the president warned the people of Iraq and the Arabs to beware of the American scheme aimed at splitting Iraq into sectarian and religious divisions and weakening the (Arab) nation," said Bushra Khalil, a Lebanese member of Saddam's defense team of 20 attorneys.

"The president sent recommendations to the Iraqi people to remain united and not fall in the trap of America's slogans," she said. "He said Kurds, Arabs, Shiites, Sunnis and Christians are all Iraqis who all have to stand united against the American plot."

So the guy who gassed the kurds and surpressed the Shia is calling on them to resist the US? This guy doesn't quit. He must be expecting the US to withdraw before any trial is done with him and to come to power again in the anarchy.

I had been wondering why he hadn't been made to sign an article of unconditional surrender, apparently he's still trying to fight.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What is most interesting is the reference to Hussein as "president". Like it or not the recently bearded dictator who points fingers and pens at people during his on-again off-again trial may have more claim to that title than the incumbent POTUS, who relies on election fraud and corruption and propaganda for any sense of a mandate. The analogies are striking.

What do Iraqi people value more: a foreign occupying force under command of a hated criminal, or a local occupying force under command of a hated criminal?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
MA, i would definately take the local, and known evil..wouldnt you?????

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
MA, i would definately take the local, and known evil..wouldnt you?????

Heck no, I am friends with a man that came from Iraq and he hated Saddam and his sons even more so. The Iraqie people are lucky that Saddams sons will never take power now because they were so much worst then Saddam especially Qusay even some Iraqies tried to kill him on their own.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why don't you ask those that lived through Saddam's torture chambers...
Maybe ask those who were murdered and slaughtered under his rule...
How about get a poll going in Iraq and see to which they prefer?

I think the Iraqi people value what they have now more so than what they had before.
Hows that?

BTW, interesting that this "criminal" is stating and telling the Iraqi people to "unite against the U.S' and all the while he is begging that his trial take place in the U.S......

seekerof

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I think the Iraqi people value what they have now more so than what they had before.
Hows that?

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Seekerof]

What evidence is there for that, other than what comes out of the Bush admin propaganda machine? It is a rather gross assumption to make. How is it that you come to speak for "they"?

What response do you expect from people murdered by either Hussein or Bush-led forces? Is there some means of channeling them that you know?

A poll in wartorn Iraq may be about as useful as a fixed election: that is, not very.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No evidence at all other than to say, ask the Kurds, the Sunni, the Shi'ites, all of which suffered tremendously under his hand....ask them MA, dare ya. Ask them what they think and what "proofs and evidences" they have, k?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sure. We can be certain you would get a mixed response as to what suffering took place.

Then ask the people of Baghdad and Fallujah how they feel about current occupation and the move to "democracy" and what they would rather have in place.

It's wheels and roundabouts.

If lives taken are the measure of "tremendous suffering", then unfortunately Bush and his cronies have far more to answer for when justice is served.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Justice" is a relative term, isn't it?
Along the same lines as "if."

seekerof

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It saddens me how the administration propaganda has work so well, Saddam is still the leader of Iraq, he was take out by an illegal invasion, that is why he still call himself president.

The PM in power has not power over Iraq but the one US has given him and the one his has over his personal followers.

Saddam calling to the different tribes in Iraq is a littler bit ridiculous due to the fact that he favor Sunnis over the Kurds and Shiite.

Now any country right now is better than Iraq for most Iraqis, due to the unrest.

I believe Saddam is just making a statement to keep the fight against US going.

Now nobody can denied that he was a dictator and that eventually Iraq when things calm down enough will be better off without him.

To bad the transition in that country was to hasty and unplanned perhaps Iraq will be a lot different if the present administration would had taken its time to change the regime, to late now I guess Saddam still alive will always called himself "El President"

[edit on 19-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Justice is a higly measurable phenomenon.

Take your scales. Know how to measure what's on each side. Mete it out freely and with authority.

Many things pass for justice that have no basis in justice. Bush's transparent lies and laughable soundbites about "bringing the evildoers to justice" are amongst them.

The misfortune that many suffer is that their basis for "justice" comes from a set of scriptures that have nothing to do with justice but that are founded upon fear, control and oppression.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Um, well, going from Saddam's torture chambers to US-led torture chambers isn't really what I would call a progress. And I bet those 1-200 000 dead Iraqis would have prefered to stay alive under Saddam rather that got killed under the democracy of US.
I think it's just a point of view which it better or worse, the US paints itself as the good guys but basically the actions of US and Saddam is just the same.

And also there was a poll few months ago and was it over 50 % would like to see Saddam return as their president(I may remember wrong).

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It amuses me that you would bring this up; It amuses me more that you would exclude the fact that he carried these out over 2 decades while ebetted by the U.S. government. Sure, it was fine and dandy when he was on thier side, then those attrocoties were just 'acts of war', or 'collateral damage', but now that Saddam decided to switch to the Euro as a currency for Oil trading, and the American government needs a justifucation for war, all these 'attrocoties' are used as justifications.

Tell me Seekerof, granted he had WMD's, let America subdue any of his hopes for global dominiation by getting rid of them, does that make all of this attrocoties alright?

So the guy who gassed the kurds and surpressed the Shia is calling on them to resist the US? This guy doesn't quit. He must be expecting the US to withdraw before any trial is done with him and to come to power again in the anarchy.

I'm also aware that Iran was occupying that region of the Middle East during the Iraq/Iran war, and it's been said that the targets were Iranian soldiers, and not the Kurds. Collateral damage? I mean, America can use it as a justification, why can't Saddam?

I've never seen this attrocoties substantiated; I remember the puppet leader in Iraq mentioning that Saddam expelled over 1.6 million Iraqis, well, what about 3.8 million Palestinians who were expelled?

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And also there was a poll few months ago and was it over 50 % would like to see Saddam return as their president(I may remember wrong).
[quote/]

Do you have a link to that poll?

top topics

join