It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminists request use of "jazz hands" rather than clapping to avoid triggering "anxiety" [OP UPD

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, aren't they just precious! Good grief!!! What a disgrace to real women such a position is!!! I am appalled and flabbergasted at this degree of foolishness! It's bad enough that they feel unable to be around men, but now they can't handle applause?!?!? They should go by WUS instead of NUS.

[snip]
edit on 25/3/15 by masqua because: Vulgar and provocative image removed

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not arguing about whether or not they use jazz hands or clapping. That's inane.

I'm disturbed by the women who can't abide men statement.

Are people who were victimized by someone of another religious persuasion allowed to get away with not abiding that religion? No.

Are people who were victimized by someone of another ethnicity allowed to get away with not abiding that ethnicity? No.

But I guess women can be allowed to not abide men.

Understand that all three victims could be suffering from psychological trauma from that experience that might be triggered by people of those groups.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Nowhere in the article does it label the women of the NUS as feminists, the OP just assumed they were because ... I just don't know why.

Gee, maybe that's because they already have the event as a women-only affair because they are somehow unable to be around men???

Did you miss that? Seems like a safe assumption to me!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Gee, maybe that's because they already have the event as a women-only affair because they are somehow unable to be around men???

That's not the definition of "feminism". Feminist don't hate or fear men. Feminist want equal treatment, that's all.

fem·i·nism
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

NUS has main meetings and offshoot meetings focusing on many different topics. This is an offshoot focusing on women's issues. And the assumption that men will not be attending or participating...well where's that come from?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I was under the impression that all women would like equal treatment.

one doesn't have to be a feminist to endorse equal treatment for women.

Hell, I would like to see equal treatment for women.

does that mean I'm a feminist?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Yep.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yep.

Sweet. though I'm cool with clapping.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's not the definition of "feminism". Feminist don't hate or fear men. Feminist want equal treatment, that's all.

fem·i·nism
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

We can post definitions all day long, but the modern feminist movement isn't about equality at all; it's about putting doen men, and claiming that anything that happens to a member of the group is because she's female. It's ridiculous. A quick perusal of posts from feminists online shows that this attitude is very real. As a woman, I find this offensive.

NUS has main meetings and offshoot meetings focusing on many different topics. This is an offshoot focusing on women's issues. And the assumption that men will not be attending or participating...well where's that come from?

From the article in the OP:

The NUS has already taken a number of steps to protect its vulnerable women in the past. At their main conference they operate a “women-only safe space” where delegates who feel unable to be near men can hang around together.

If someone is so emotionally or mentally unstable as to be around half the population of the planet, they should not be attending large events. What if a group made the same exclusions based on race, instead of sex?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes. It means that you are a feminist.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Imma gonna have fun with this.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
*sings*If your a nut case and you know it clap your hands.......

lol

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

From the Breitbart article? Yeah, right. That's not slanted in any way. From that article turning a conference on women's issues into a feminist man-hating session and then using that strawman they created to proceed to blow up, exaggerate, and otherwise make things up about this issue is ridiculous and heinous.

As a woman I find their and by proxy your broadbrushing of women and feminism offensive. Modern feminism is about equality. Full stop.

Yep.

Sweet. though I'm cool with clapping.

Just wave your ears around.
edit on 3/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

We can post definitions all day long, but the modern feminist movement isn't about equality at all; it's about putting doen men, and claiming that anything that happens to a member of the group is because she's female.

That's Misandry, not Feminism

You can try to slander a cause by redefining it as something wicked all day long! But as a woman, I find the broad brush in which you're painting feminism, demonizing the avocation of equal rights for women as if it's hateful to men, dishonest, disrespectful and offensive!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Very well-thought and well-written response to the article, burdman - i like your style. I don't have much to add save that yes, it is unfortunate when dumb people attempt to have the world dumb-down for them. I am unsure if this is exacty what is going on here, but jesus, clapping triggering an episode? Would they make accomodations for those women harboring issues with microphone feedback or amplified sound generally? I bet. Then the hall would be occupied and hudded close to an unamplified stage with everyone "shh" ing so delicately to everyone else that it would resemble an irritating wind hissing through a feild of pissed-off flowers. Oh, what the hell.... someone who harbors a serious reservation to be around ANY male has obviously serious issues that need to be confronted and overcome - not coddled by a bunch of dumb, ass-kissing sympathizers.

xox
-kissy

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Knock yourself out!

Imma gonna have fun with this.

Knock yourself out!

edit on 25-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Feminists just want everyone to bow down to them. They are offended by pretty much everything and make themselves difficult to be around.

This is the typical demand of equal rights by lobbying for special conditions. GLBT groups pull crap like this all the time. "I just want to be treated like everyone else so here is a list of special treatment I would like that is specific to my gender or orientation"

Don't forget Christians. They pull the same stuff too and are offended by pretty much everything as well and make themselves difficult to be around also.

Thank god you brought them up

sheeese

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Feminists just want everyone to bow down to them. They are offended by pretty much everything and make themselves difficult to be around.

This is the typical demand of equal rights by lobbying for special conditions. GLBT groups pull crap like this all the time. "I just want to be treated like everyone else so here is a list of special treatment I would like that is specific to my gender or orientation"

Don't forget Christians. They pull the same stuff too and are offended by pretty much everything as well and make themselves difficult to be around also.

Thank god you brought them up

sheeese

Oh, Lord! I forgot.

I am a Christian, and this thread ... and women ... offend me! So sayeth the Shepard ...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

it is amusing how someone can slip a little Christian bashing into the topics

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

As a feminist and a Christian, I'm offended by that.

No applause, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join