It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever done a "Master Cleanse"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Atsbhct, I remember your garden post. I, too, have PCOS, and only recently have I found anything that even put a dent in my weight.

I went to a naturopath, and I highly recommend the same for anyone with PCOS. I have lost ten pounds in nine days following her leaky gut diet, which is a low carb plan, only 30 g of carbs per day. Also taking a ton of Vitamin B, zinc, and herbals. It's been really easy, actually, despite no wheat, beans, or even ketchup.

I hope you don't have the PCOS hirstutism, but I do, and it's dramatically decreased in this past week and a half.

I've tried everything...I eat healthy, I exercise, etc, and I thought I was doomed to borderline obesity. Intermittent fasting was unimpressive, regular low carb didn't cut it, and I even bought garcinia cambogia, which just helped me lose 5 lbs a year ago that thankfully never came back.

This is the lightest I've been in 4 years. The naturopath gave me hope.

Message me, and I'll send you my food diary, if you like. You're doing everything right. PCOS just requires the big guns.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The body is a self-calibrating and self-healing system...so....a proper functioning body should be able to maintain optimal appetite and weight control.

There should be no need to caloric restrict to control weight...doing so is often implicated in eating disorders.

If you are a scientific minded person I recommend you look into the work of Dr John McDougall, Dr Neal Barnard, Dr Michael Greger (amongst others) who advocate a whole foods plant-based diet with minimal "rules", and specifically no calorie restriction. They have significant data to back up their claims, including controlled interventions, not just epidemiological studies
edit on 18-5-2015 by hermes31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The other thing I'd say is to really think about how the foods you eat make you feel. ie, light & free, heavy & lethargic, unsatisfied, over-satisfied, contented, too hot, too cold, healthy, neutral. Something I would describe as reconnecting with the physical body wisdom. It takes time, patience and perseverance, especially when the social norm seems to be that of dominating and manipulating one's own body rather than working in harmony with it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join