It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Duck Dynasty' Star Imagines Vivid Rape And Murder Scenario For Atheist Family

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: StalkerSolent

This is problem with you "Objective Moral Standard" types, is everything has to be black and white for you, when in reality, which you emphasized earlier, very little in life, if anything is black or white, it's all shades of grey.

And the problem with your ideas is that they lead to bad conclusions, like the one I laid out in my previous post. Your ideas say that there's nothing wrong with Islamic fundamentalist nations executing apostates because they paid their taxes. I find this idea not only wrongheaded but dangerous

Atheists, agnostics and non-religious folk aren't on the verge of murdering you, raping your mother or eating your babies because we don't believe in God and "his" disapproving retribution.

Indeed.

Mankind doesn't need a god or gods to employ empathy when deciding what is right and what is wrong for any given situation.

Because we have an amazing track record of doing this

Wisdom is something that's earned through trial and error, over time. It's not something that is magically bestowed only on people who believe in God and Jesus.

I'd agree with this

edit on 26-3-2015 by StalkerSolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And the problem with your ideas is that they lead to bad conclusions, like the one I laid out in my previous post. Your ideas say that there's nothing wrong with Islamic fundamentalist nations executing apostates because they paid their taxes. I find this idea not only wrongheaded but dangerous

I agree. ISIS and other radical religious groups are following the ancient mindset of dessert cults that may have been relevant 4000 years ago, but their morality is unacceptable to the rest of the world today. But, it's out of my hands to do anything about their dastardly deeds. It's up to the people who are immediately affected to make the changes or to reach out for help from neighbors. We've seen this before, over and over again.

Because we have an amazing track record of doing this

According to you, that would be "God's track record" as he's the one who put the objective/transcendental moral standard, that got us here, in place. Either way, there's still work to do. I prefer to look forward to a better future for our children, while the religious prefer to look forward to global destruction.

edit on 26-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I agree. ISIS and other radical religious groups are following the ancient mindset of dessert cults that may have been relevant 4000 years ago, but their morality is unacceptable to the rest of the world today. But, it's out of my hands to do anything about their dastardly deeds. It's up to the people who are immediately affected to make the changes or to reach out for help from neighbors. We've seen this before, over and over again.

So...we agree that your ideas are dangerous and wrongheaded?

According to you, that would be "God's track record" as he's the one who put the objective/transcendental moral standard, that got us here, in place. Either way, there's still work to do. I prefer to look forward to a better future for our children, while the religious prefer to look forward to global destruction.

Welp, the track record of TMO can work pretty well among people that believe it. It is the basis for the nations in the world with the most freedom and least human rights abuses. Most of the more stable, prosperous nations in the world were largely Christian

edit on 26-3-2015 by StalkerSolent because: More precision is good.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

So...we agree that your ideas are dangerous and wrongheaded?

NO. It's definitely the Biblical model that ISIS is following and it's the Biblical model that's wrong headed, FOR SURE! It's the Biblical model that'll take us to Armageddon and the destruction of the world as we know it. That's dangerous and wrong headed.

Most of the more stable, prosperous nations in the world were largely Christian

So, might makes right?

Christianity has been forced on the world and promoted at the end of sword for thousands of years, and through the ruthless murder of tens of thousands of innocent people, by the most unethical immoral people this planet has ever seen, for the purpose of greed, lust and power. Hitler was merely a tool in the shadow of these religious scum bags, armed with the cross and carcass of their "Christ".

edit on 26-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

hijacked by rome, the texts hidden away where no one could read them, the people were taught the opposite of what jesus taught and then continued its efforts of global empire building. what you're seeing is not 2000 years of christian empire building, it's 2000+ years of the pagan roman empire continuing unabated, under the banner of their hijacked and heavily modified version of christianity.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

NO. It's definitely the Biblical model that ISIS is following and it's the Biblical model that's wrong headed, FOR SURE!

What? That's not remotely close to true. You should check out ISIS and their religious views

So, might makes right?

No. I thought you were for stability?

Christianity has been forced on the world and promoted at the end of sword for thousands of years,

Thousands?

and through the ruthless murder of tens of thousands of innocent people, by the most unethical immoral people this planet has ever seen, for the purpose of greed, lust and power. Hitler was merely a tool in the shadow of these religious scum bags, armed with the cross and carcass of their "Christ".

Sure. This is a really simplistic understanding of the history of the world, and of the motivations of the various people you'd accuse of murder, but I guess it fits your agenda

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
if you think the "holy" roman empire was christian, explain slavery. jesus outlawed slavery. in fact, he outlawed racism and sexism as well. he removed the condition that you must be jewish. he removed the condition that you must be male. he removed the condition that you must attend a temple or church building, since you are the temple and the church is the believers as a whole, regardless of their physical location.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: windword

hijacked by rome, the texts hidden away where no one could read them, the people were taught the opposite of what jesus taught and then continued its efforts of global empire building. what you're seeing is not 2000 years of christian empire building, it's 2000+ years of the pagan roman empire continuing unabated, under the banner of their hijacked and heavily modified version of christianity.

You know, I know it's complicated, and we're not in the right venue to discuss it properly, because this thread is about that idiot Phil Robertson and the theory, that way too many Christians pitch, that the un-religious are on the verge of raping your daughter, murdering your wife and eating your baby!

The fact that there are some saying that "Christianity" holds THE objective moral standard for everyone, all the time, because they have the truth, or whatever, but in the meantime, they've been steered, and molded, like the sheep they aspire to be, by some of the most self centered, dangerous snake in grass, sociopathic psychos this planet has known, The Roman Catholic Church!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
the history of the treatment of women:

women were not allowed to be emperors or rulers under any pagan government other than egypt and even they only allowed it twice, and both times, with great prejudice (once as a result of the pharaoh dying and the wife taking the throne till the son was old enough to be pharaoh). in pagan-christianized europe, some royal women were allowed to hold the highest office, but not without an entire team of papal edict givers calling the shots in the backdrop. when queen elizabeth the first took the throne of england as the second non-catholic european ruler (her father henry being the first non-catholic european ruler), the papacy had a fit and tried to assassinate her several times.

not saying the world would be any better off had there been more women rulers who were allowed to make decisions of their own, but to claim paganism has a shiny track record is just plain silly. ancient greece is a great example. they were a pederastic society who viewed women as necessary inconveniences, same with the vedics of india, and the people of china.

edit on 26-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

What does any of that have to do with whether or not there exists an objective moral standard that is true for everyone, all time, within the religious construct of Christianity and the Bible, as Phil Robertson and StalkerSolent seem to believe?

Where is the Objective/transcendental moral standard that is true for everyone, all the time?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

women were not allowed to be emperors or rulers under any pagan government other than egypt and even they only allowed it twice,

You really should have used your computer to do a search before making such a statement because that isn't true at all.

Go ahead do a search I think you can still edit your mistake.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

not sure how to search it. can you link me up?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with whether or not there exists an objective moral standard that is true for everyone, all time, within the religious construct of Christianity and the Bible, as Phil Robertson and StalkerSolent seem to believe?

Where is the Objective/transcendental moral standard that is true for everyone, all the time?

i'm just not going to allow the "christianity" is the worst thing ever spiel to go on, while extolling the virtues of paganism, as it applies to the treatment of their people, particularly the women and children. the natural order is, frankly, not conducive to jesus' teachings. the natural order is brutal and preys on the weak or less physically/technologically capable in a brute show of force.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You know, I know it's complicated, and we're not in the right venue to discuss it properly, because this thread is about that idiot Phil Robertson and the theory, that way too many Christians pitch, that the un-religious are on the verge of raping your daughter, murdering your wife and eating your baby!
[/QUOTE]

You know, in case it wasn't clear, I don't believe that. I didn't get the impression Phil Robertson did either

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I agree with Phil Robertson on the point he made about atheists having no defined right or wrong. Without a God what reason is there to not 'do as thou wilt' which is the Law of Thelema and Thelemites (a well known atheist group). Without God anything goes.

Maybe the law of "don't be a jerk".

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Metallicus
I agree with Phil Robertson on the point he made about atheists having no defined right or wrong. Without a God what reason is there to not 'do as thou wilt' which is the Law of Thelema and Thelemites (a well known atheist group). Without God anything goes.

Maybe the law of "don't be a jerk".

i like that
so simple, so to the point.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Birds of a feather and all.

In this post I talked about that sort of thing.

Guess who that was.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

there's like nothing about women leaders in the ancient world on google search. i used "women rulers pagan" and "women emperors pagan". the only reason i know about the egyptian example is because i study ancient egypt.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You must be using a real crap search engine.

Try the first two links of a Google search with the words "women Rulers"

Edit

Oh, I see you said you used google.

Yeah just look up women rulers. I don't think there is a huge call for people looking up pagan rulers.

edit on 27-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

that pretty much follows what i already said, although i was unaware of the nigerian and angolan queens

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join