It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Duck Dynasty' Star Imagines Vivid Rape And Murder Scenario For Atheist Family

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

That IS really terrible. I did not know that.

One of my biggest fears is to be forced into continuing life when I no longer want to.

Last summer, my Grandmother wasted away for weeks after her kidneys failed.
It was starvation plain and simple and could have been brought to a swift and painless end.
But, no - my family lashed against me when I voiced this and continued that barbaric treatment which should be a MUCH bigger issue than it is.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

one guy was semi comatose. he could hear people talking around him, but he couldn't respond. he heard his wife talking to him and crying. he heard his doctors planning to remove his feeding tube and see if his liver and kidneys were salvagable. miraculously he was finally able to talk and boy was he freaked out.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: StalkerSolent

So how do you know that dignity is natural and not something that was created by humans to help them interact better with other humans? Your link takes me to a wikipedia page on just dignity, not natural dignity. I want to know what natural dignity is; not just dignity.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
the militant christian pic is not of a christian. that organization is a bunch of lawyers, who troll people till they get angry and then sue them for defamation and so forth.

In the same way as ISIS is not actually Islam! Just a bunch of nut jobs using the Qua ran as an excuse to murder, rape and steal. Unfortunately those with the loudest voices are the ones that everybody else see's and its these nut jobs actions and views that the rest of normal society sees on a daily basis.

In the same way I have seen on ATS whereby folk say "Muslims should be out on the street saying "Not in My Name" would be the same as Christians in the states taking to the streets saying "Not in our name" when plonkers like this buffoon use the Christian Bible as an excuse for their outdated and illiterate opinions!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

they're atheists. you should be saying "not in my name" if you're an atheist. i'm tired from years of trying to live up to everyone's expectations of what it means to be a christian. i don't have enough strength in me to go out in the street and protest what some atheist is doing "in my name". guess you'll have to do it

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I just want to point out that the duck dynasty guy has a point. The only reason western atheists have morals at all is because our society inherited these morals from the church which had influence over Europeans for like two thousand years. If you read the old testament rape and murder were a common thing. "Passing children off to Moloch" which was child sacrifice was a common thing. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for the depravity of the people living there. The people living there did all of these things.

While I believe our moral compass is a spiritual thing that comes from God, I find it odd that atheists would talk about having one, when they are supposed to have no spirituality. This means their "moral compass" must be a real, physical thing. So what exactly is it? An internal organ? A chemical in the brain? An actual compass that they look at? I suspect their morals are actually guidelines inherited from Christianity (likely directly from the ten commandments) and they don't want to admit it.

If they had been atheists from someplace with little or no Christian history they probably would have a distinct lack of a moral code. But they won't admit that. It doesn't fit with their world-view.
edit on 3/26/15 by peskyhumans because: clarification

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
I just want to point out that the duck dynasty guy has a point. The only reason western atheists have morals at all is because our society inherited these morals from the church which had influence over Europeans for like two thousand years. If you read the old testament rape and murder were a common thing. "Passing children off to Moloch" which was child sacrifice was a common thing. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for the depravity of the people living there. The people living there did all of these things.

Bullcrap. Morality predates the bible by thousands of years. Not to mention, there is also examples of morality in cultures that aren't Christian. The duck dynasty person DOESN'T have a point and his story is reprehensible.

While I believe our moral compass is a spiritual thing that comes from God, I find it odd that atheists would talk about having one, when they are supposed to have no spirituality. This means their "moral compass" must be a real, physical thing. So what exactly is it? An internal organ? A chemical in the brain? An actual compass that they look at? I suspect their morals are actually guidelines inherited from Christianity (likely directly from the ten commandments) and they don't want to admit it.

Atheist morality comes from the same place as religious morality. There is only one reality, therefore there is only one origin of morality regardless of what anyone believes. Morality is an invention by humans to make living in societies easier. It's a pretty simple concept to grasp. Tying religion to it just makes it unnecessarily complex.

If they had been atheists from someplace with little or no Christian history they probably would have a distinct lack of a moral code. But they won't admit that. It doesn't fit with their world-view.

This is such a dumb statement I'm not even sure where to go with it... Just because morality may be different in a non-Christian society doesn't mean the people don't have morals. The Native Americans before the Europeans arrived here practiced morality. They had ZERO Christian influence. The orient is primarily Buddhist and they also try not to hurt each other. I can't believe you have such a narrow grasp of the world's cultures...
edit on 26-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm not an Atheist, I'm a Deists and as such I believe in a god but not man made religion. You may assume that these nut jobs are Atheist but unfortunately they are using either the Bible or Qua ran as their reasoning behind their backward opinions and preaching from scripture as an excuse to hold these beliefs. These are not the actions of an Atheist, these are the actions of someone brainwashed into thinking that is what their religion really means.

Don't get angry with Atheist, they've not flown planes into buildings for their god. They've not killed folk in the Middle East on a daily basis in the name of their religion.

i'm tired from years of trying to live up to everyone's expectations of what it means to be a Christian.

And the rest of society is tired of living up to the expectations of what some Shepherds wrote two thousand years ago!

edit on 26.3.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Shew! That is about the most ignorant thing I've read in quite sometime.

Why is it that only religious people are bestowed a moral compass. Why do they think that just because someone doesn't believe what they believe that they are automatically morally defunct?

I lived in the bible belt of this country for many years and have personally experienced the hypocrisy of these so called "Christians". I'm not throwing all Christians under the bus...don't get me wrong but, most that I knew growing up only went to church for show. That is what everyone did on Sundays so, they did too. Just so people wouldn't talk about them behind their back.

It was a joke really.

And, from my experience, the Christian ladies were the worst!

I'll never forget the time that a group of them looked at my sister and I with complete disgust, looking us up and down and shaking their heads because of what we were wearing. Then, to make matters worse, they starting whispering about us while still looking over their shoulders so that we knew they were talking about us.

We didn't have nice clothes growing up so, we just wore whatever we had. We couldn't help it!

I'll never forget that day because it was the day that I realized the true nature of these so called "Christians".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
When people like Phil say things like this, it just reinforces my belief that as religious intensity goes up, intelligence goes down. I'll probably catch some flak for that, but there have been a few studies that prove my point.

I am no longer religious--haven't been for, honestly, probably half of my 36-year-old life, if not longer. I was as a child because of my parents, but I outgrew it (yes, I think religion is akin to a childhood fable meant to instill certian morals or behavior--at least the supernatural aspects of it).

My mom is extremely intelligent--genius IQ level and all that--but she is also very religious. For the life of me, I can't quite figure out why, but I leave that for her to decide. She's probably in the minority like that, but I know many very smart religious people and some very dumb atheists, so I would take studies with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

they are so far off in left field, even the KKK was protesting against them. it's totally off the richter scale ridiculous. they showed up to be interviewed by Russel brand, dressed up as biker gang members. it's a farce, which they use to extort people for money.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

And the rest of society is tired of living up to the expectations of what some Shepherds wrote two thousand years ago!

you realize, of course, that you're expecting me to answer for things i have zero control over, accusing me of trying to force you to live up to my expectations when i have yet to say what i expect from you.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

believe it or not, that same thing happens to christians from other christians and people of other world views, as well. people are hard on each other, if you haven't noticed
edit on 26-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No "undo", I don't expect you to answer for the vile creature in the OP. I also don't believe that you personally expect the whole of civilised society to heed to the Christian faith. However there are those who do expect the rest of society to live by Christian Dogma. There are many on ATS who should in my mind be sectioned for their unwavering belief in Scripture and actually taking the bible word for word despite all the contradictions that entails.

There are many good religious people here on ATS, both Christians and Muslims who are a credit to their religion, unfortunately though you also have the nut jobs here on ATS that are no better than the Plonker in the OP and hold the same views and are very vocal about it!.

Its these people you should be angry with for hijacking your religion as an excuse to spurt hatred as its folk like you that will end up getting tarnished with the same brush, in exactly the same way as Islam is tarnished by the actions of ISIS.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No. That's not clear at all. Clearly, according to the Bible, "he" was all about the Jews, if he existed at all.

That's pretty obviously not the case

No. They're really not! But I can see that you think that 4000 year old religious rules should dictate the morality of today.

The 10 Commandments are Unnecessary, Irrelevant and Immoral

That's, just like, your opinion man

Whatever man. It wasn't Jesus. It took a war. Neither Jesus nor the God of the Old Testament give us an objective moral standard.

If you look at the history of Western thought, you'll find that Christianity played an important part in both developing objective moral standards and in pushing for things like the freedom of the slaves. (For instance, did you know that the North was considered religious fanatics prior to the Civil War?)

The very teachings of Jesus dying for our transgressions is immoral. The teaching of Original Sin is immoral. The teaching that some are chosen by God and others are not, is immoral. There's so much more immorality in the Bible and its teachings, but you're not taking any of this seriously anyway.

You can't say that there is no objective moral standard and then condemn the Bible. I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways

There is no "objective moral standard", not in the Bible and not in nature, not anywhere in the universe. Morality is all subjective, and even Christians believe that God judges them on what's in their heart, not what rules are in an old book that they follow or brake.

Remember that great verse, about how the Son of Man will return to judge every man according to his works?
Anyway, I'll go back to what I said before. You can't argue that there is no objective moral standard but that other standards are wrong. Well, I guess you can, but you can also argue that 2+2 = 5.

In reality, there may or may not be an objective moral standard. It's an issue of disagreement. But you can't consistently have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
stalkersolent

good grief, you're brilliant!

I'm not sure if you're being sincere or not (I love sarcasm, so it's fine either way
) but thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Don't forget European "settlement" *cough*invasion*cough* of the Americas.

Yes that's who we were talking about. Member Skid Mark said that modern Christians claim those early folks were not "real Christians" hence my examples of how they certainly were Christians living according to a firmly set tradition of slaughter bloodshed and bondage.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: StalkerSolent

So how do you know that dignity is natural and not something that was created by humans to help them interact better with other humans? Your link takes me to a wikipedia page on just dignity, not natural dignity. I want to know what natural dignity is; not just dignity.

I don't. But I also don't know if anything exists outside of my own consciousness. I *believe* that dignity is natural because it meshes well with my other beliefs and observations.

I didn't write the Wiki page, but "natural" here is an adjective; I'm pretty sure you can drop it without substantially affecting my meaning. I used the word natural to distinguish between the idea that dignity is assigned by other humans, as you suggested, and the idea that humans ought to be treated as if they have dignity and worth regardless of human constructs.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

well i would be remiss if i tried to force my view of christianity on anyone else, and that would include christians who i may disagree with. i think we need to get back to the idea that each person is an individual, so that we get out of this group think mob mentality stuff, that was what caused all the problems in europe our ancestors came here to escape.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join