It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz eyes insurance via Obamacare, a law he vows to scrap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

T ed Cruz Just Signed Up For Obamacare, Sees Absolutely No Irony Or Hypocrisy (Video)

In a stunning display of hubris and hypocrisy, Senator Ted Cruz has just chosen to sign up for Obamacare because his wife lost her health insurance.

His wife is a Goldman Sachs banker.

If a Wall Street Banker and a US Senator have to find health insurance via Obamacare, instead of just getting it on their own (or using COBRA) then how does this guy think the poor working class stiffs who don't have such high paying gigs are going to afford it?

The Tea Party Republican – just 24 hours after once again calling for the repeal of the President's health care plan that has delivered affordable health care to literally millions of Americans, and extended the age students, like those at Liberty, can be under their parents' plan – confessed to CNN's Dana Bash this afternoon he just signed up for Obamacare.

"We'll be getting new health insurance and we'll presumably do it through my job with the Senate, and so we'll be on the federal exchange with millions of others on the federal exchange," Cruz said.

He called it "transitioning." he did not call it "Obamacare," but "the federal exchange."

He can't even be a man and call it Obamacare, or the ACA. Now that he is using it for his own health care source, he calls it "the federal exchange."

Cruz's wife, Heidi Cruz, a managing director at Goldman Sachs' Houston office, is taking an unpaid leave of absence from her job, presumably to avoid any appearance of impropriety. The Cruz family has been getting its health care insurance from Mrs. Cruz's employer, but now they are no longer eligible while she is on leave.

So Senator Cruz signed up for Obamacare, and sees absolutely no hypocrisy, or even irony, with taking that action.

Cruz, it should be noted, has every right to buy health care insurance privately, like many Americans do, but chose to sign up for Obamacare and to accept the federal government subsidy that he is entitled to as a sitting U.S. Senator.

"I believe we should follow the text of every law, even (a) law I disagree with," Cruz told CNN. "It's one of the real differences -- if you look at President Obama and the lawlessness, if he disagrees with a law he simply refuses to follow it or claims the authority to unilaterally change."

CNN's Dana Bash was shocked and looked incredulous several times, as she asked, "That means you are going to take a government subsidy?," and noted, "the irony is kind of unbelievable."

The irony is indeed kind of unbelievable.

So he's against Obamacare until he can benefit from it. Not even surprised. If you're really against something, be against it no matter what. Let's see if he keeps promising to overturn it though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes and this all looks clearly like part of platform and image strategy. Maybe a good move really or better yet something he was forced to do to keep the heat off his back when drive by would say "Yea he wants to dismantle AHC but then hes on his big money wife's plan and thus out of touch with american joe" sort of stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I know this is a largely a conspiracy theory forum but I think you boys have your tinfoil hats tied a bit too tight.

Let me ask you...
If ACA was a Republican idea, hated by dems, and Hillary said she was going to sign up would you hate on her just the same?

It's completely ridiculous of anyone to say "Well he has millions so he must spend extra!" This is an option he is legally entitled to, won't be cheap for him, and he has committed to not accept the subsidy that congress would receive - which you would all know if watched the discussion between the interviewer and the CNN host IMMEDIATELY after the piece was aired. Seriously what the hell is he supposed to do? Choose to disobey the law? Sure he could afford a fine, but choosing to break the law isn't exactly wise. Could he afford a more expensive private option? Sure, but who are you to say he HAS to do this? Mind your own damn business and start thinking about crap before you write it.

Some of you people really need to get some air. You'll hate on anything that even blinks on the right side of the line.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Seriously though......you don't really believe this has all fallen out because of simple circumstance do you?

And no one is going to buy this "didn't want to break the law" position considering millions of americans then are just breaking the law by paying the fine.

He goes off wife's plan so he wont be accused of being an out of touch 1%er and then defends his getting AHC as to not break the law. Its all very tacky really.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
I know this is a largely a conspiracy theory forum but I think you boys have your tinfoil hats tied a bit too tight.

Let me ask you...
If ACA was a Republican idea, hated by dems, and Hillary said she was going to sign up would you hate on her just the same?

It's completely ridiculous of anyone to say "Well he has millions so he must spend extra!" This is an option he is legally entitled to, won't be cheap for him, and he has committed to not accept the subsidy that congress would receive - which you would all know if watched the discussion between the interviewer and the CNN host IMMEDIATELY after the piece was aired. Seriously what the hell is he supposed to do? Choose to disobey the law? Sure he could afford a fine, but choosing to break the law isn't exactly wise. Could he afford a more expensive private option? Sure, but who are you to say he HAS to do this? Mind your own damn business and start thinking about crap before you write it.

Some of you people really need to get some air. You'll hate on anything that even blinks on the right side of the line.

Wrong. The reason we're giving him a hard time about it is because he implied that if he's elected in 2017, he'd repeal every word of Obamacare. And this was just a few days ago!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes and this all looks clearly like part of platform and image strategy. Maybe a good move really or better yet something he was forced to do to keep the heat off his back when drive by would say "Yea he wants to dismantle AHC but then hes on his big money wife's plan and thus out of touch with american joe" sort of stuff.

Sounds like denial to me. How can it help his image to be seen as the Republican Presidential candidate that hates Obamacare so much that he voluntarily signs up for it? On Sept 10, 2013, he, Rand Paul and Mike Lee held an "Exempt America from Obamacare" rally. And this is the same guy who gave a 21 hour speech in Congress to try to stop Obamacare (and this is a Fox News article).

Not even a week ago he says he wants to repeal it. Then he loses his health insurance, sees that Obamacare is cheaper than a private insurance plan, so he signs his family up for it. You really don't see the hypocrisy?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Not even a week ago he says he wants to repeal it. Then he loses his health insurance, sees that Obamacare is cheaper than a private insurance plan, so he signs his family up for it. You really don't see the hypocrisy?

That is what makes this so galling. His wife is a Goldman Sachs Wall Street banker. He is a US Senator. They are very wealthy. Between the two of them they could EASILY afford to buy their own private health insurance. But instead he uses the ACA to find cheaper, affordable insurance.

NOW put yourself in the shows of someone making a lot less than him - like my niece, who makes 16K a year. Cruz wants to deny someone like her the opportunity to find affordable insurance. But when it comes to himself, he's all over it.

What a P.O.S. hypocrite.

Imagine how much better Obamacare would have been too, if it had remained a single-payer plan as conceived. The WORST elements in Obamacare were forcibly inserted by the GOP, and GOP toadies like Cruz using those as the basis for their attacks.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That is what makes this so galling. His wife is a Goldman Sachs Wall Street banker. He is a US Senator. They are very wealthy. Between the two of them they could EASILY afford to buy their own private health insurance. But instead he uses the ACA to find cheaper, affordable insurance.

NOW put yourself in the shows of someone making a lot less than him - like my niece, who makes 16K a year. Cruz wants to deny someone like her the opportunity to find affordable insurance. But when it comes to himself, he's all over it.

What a P.O.S. hypocrite.

Imagine how much better Obamacare would have been too, if it had remained a single-payer plan as conceived. The WORST elements in Obamacare were forcibly inserted by the GOP, and GOP toadies like Cruz using those as the basis for their attacks.

I definitely agree. And there are a lot of people like him, who basically believe "I got mine so screw everyone else". The fact that these people claim they're patriots, but do everything in their power to stop other Americans from getting healthcare is sickening. More people need to call them out on this type of crap.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join