It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House Votes 348-48 To Arm Ukraine, Russia Warns Lethal Aid Will "Explode The Whole Situation"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Morning folks. This could be big. Full article in the link below.
US HOUSE VOTES 348-48 TO ARM UKRAINE, RUSSIA WARNS LETHAL AID WILL "EXPLODE THE WHOLE SITUATION"

Yesterday, in a vote that largely slid under the radar, the House of Representatives passed a resolution urging Obama to send lethal aid to Ukraine, providing offensive, not just “defensive” weapons to the Ukraine army – the same insolvent, hyperinflating Ukraine which, with a Caa3/CC credit rating, last week started preparations to issue sovereign debt with a US guarantee, in essence making it a part of the United States (something the US previously did as a favor to Egypt before the Muslim Brotherhood puppet regime was swept from power by the local army). The resolution passed with broad bipartisan support by a count of 348 to 48. According to DW, the measure urges Obama to provide Ukraine with “lethal defensive weapon systems” that would better enable Ukraine to defend its territory from “the unprovoked and continuing aggression of the Russian Federation.”

Source: Infowars

Well. This is literally what Russia warned us NOT to do. Knowing the power structure, however, one could foresee President Obama possibly rejecting said measure. I'm not certain as to what will come next. Obama has consistently stated that there would be no boots on the ground in this conflict. Could he decide to go along with this House vote in order to keep his word in this regard (for now)? There are so many factors involved. One thing I CAN be sure of, though...if we supply Ukraine with lethal aid of any kind, especially offensive, Russia will interpret the move as an act of war and aggression by the United States.

edit on 25-3-2015 by s1ngular1ty because: Typo

edit on 25-3-2015 by s1ngular1ty because: No reason

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
By the way, a note to mods, this is my first time posting a news story, so if I didn't do it correctly (which I'm pretty sure I did), please just give me a heads up on what the post was missing. Much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

The US wasn't at the table in Minsk and dismisses that agreement, obviously.

See who's ramping up aggression and who wants peace in the region?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Do you have any actual link to that voting other than infowars, a official source? I have learned to be somewhat critical when it comes to infowars and zerohedge.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
I googled and found TONS of results, here is 1

Another source

I don't like the US just sending weapons everywhere. This is how we unknowingly arm our enemies, or knowingly-who knows anymore. I'm not saying I know the answer, I just think this could be the wrong answer.
edit on 3/25/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I asked official !

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If you are going to be picky I assume you have access to google??

Official .gov website

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Thank you.. So i peeked in
House Floor Activities
Legislative Day of March 03, 2015 was the last time when anything considering Ukraine was on the table.

Link
edit on 25-3-2015 by dollukka because: link added

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 131

(Republicans in roman; Democrats in italic; Independents underlined)

H RES 162 2/3 YEA-AND-NAY 23-Mar-2015 7:08 PM
QUESTION: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Agree
BILL TITLE: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.

Yeas Nays PRES NV
Republican 214 10 20
Democratic 134 38 16
Independent
TOTALS 348 48 36

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Regardless of which parties are at fault here....
I am afraid that this will not end well.

link   
There you go. Sticking the nose again where it doesn't belong. This peeing contest is going to cost a lot to the whole world.

link   
youtu.be...

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
America sending weapons to someone to destabilize a region and increase the chances of conflict?
i never saw that one coming.
Hear me now quote me later.
if they actually go through with this, some sort of "freedom fighters" will pop into existence and they will have support form america.
over time they will mysteriously go rogue, and become, according to america a threat that must be dealt with.
and america will send troops to help stabilize the region, acting like heroes...fixing a problem they started...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Link pls !

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is a stupid and reckless move from a humanitarian point of view, but totally freaking necessary from an imperialist point of view. I really hope Obama earns his Peace Prize on this one.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Quit dragging content off the page with useless denial posts.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It was from the first link I posted that list the bills.

LINK

If you expect everything to be laid out in front of you in a pretty little picture you will NEVER really learn what is going on in the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I made a search in house of presentatives also the week in congress sites and neither one has anything about the matter and even roll 131 cannot be found.
Link to the house of presentatives you can find in my previous post and
Week in congress

So tell me what you can find ? i still want to see official link to this question

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I agree with you 100%! Have we not seen this game played before. I do not understand how they continue to do they same thing over and over and expect to see the same results. I like you will wait to see who we actually end up arming.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Thank you.. what made it so hard ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join