It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tell me why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me a better reason on why the Goverment would want to hide the truth of ET life , if there really is ET life /UFOs and if they came forward I dont see a collapse in society or religions. Religions would just dicredit it to the fact of Demon manifestaions and would keep on believing in God. So why else hide it and if were gonna find out someday why not sonner than latter. I dont know if there really is life or not but I want FACTS, I am getting sick of speculation and theroies.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well,
There are no 'facts' about what the government may be thinking, but the speculation out there is based on some historical events... In 1964, I believe, the Brookings Institution published a paper that said the government should hide knowldege of ETs, should they be discovered... also, the closest thing the government had to a 'public opinion poll' concerning ETs in 1947 was the public's reaction to the 1938 radio broadcast of 'War of the Worlds'. Yes, that show was about an invasion but, if your picturing Marshall, Truman, and co. sitting around a table trying to figure out what to base their ideas on, all they had to work with was that and Flash Gordon serials. I mean, really, there was very little serious 'back literature' on ETs when the Roswell crash occured (though some argue that there were a few earlier crashes, and that they thought, by then, that the foo fighters from WW2 were of ET origin).

Basically, what I'm saying is that all we 'know' about UFOs and ETs is a product of 50+ years of UFO encounters. Back in 1947, or even 1953, the image the public would have of ETs would only be that of green-skinned octopus men who ate people, so, in a way, the gov could honestly assume that people would panic, then, if they learned more about Roswell, the Washington flyovers, and the various UFo/jet fighter interceptions that occured.

Jim

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
that's funny, I had a non-swear word deleted from my reply. It wasn't even anything remotely 'secret' in nature. It was only the name of a well-known historical figure. Strange!

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
whose name is #### is this place just a sham, why was the name blanked but not trumans ???

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm assuming that was just a random glitch, so let me perform a test, here...

Marshall was the man I was talking about. Am I revealing a national secret? No, and if the government says I am, it's people are morons, as any kid who bothered to attend history class can tell you that George Marshall was the man in charge of the USA's war plan in WW2, came up with, as Secretary of State, the Marshall 'Plan', and served as Secretray of defense. If a spacecraft did crash at Roswell, in 1947, he would surely have known about it. Would he have overseen every aspect of it.. no, but he, not Eisenhower or MacArthur, was REALLY america's top military man at the time, retired or active. He is, in some of the less verifiable Majestic docs, portrayed as continously appraising Truman on Roswell and 'earlier' UFO encounters.

So, as I assume the whole Marshall blackout was a glitch, I'll move on... but, BigBrother, something in your tone of voice raises my eyebrow. I'm not calling you a 'troll' or a false poster, but you seem to be posting here in a manner that's intended, perhaps, to make fun of folks...?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What the F*** (my stars, not the sites).

How is Marshall a forbidden or classified word that deals with national security? Jeez, all you have to do is open up a book on WW2 to Page 1 and you will see, "General Marshall graduated from the Virginia Military Institute..."

Could someone explain this site's censorship position... I mean, if I were talking about something that could get our servicemen killed I'd fully expect to be censored, but to have a 'on the side' mention of a well-known historical figure get censored seems bizarre, in the extreme!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
OK,
I still love the site, so no insult meant to the admins...

Maybe the whole Marshall thing is connected not to the man, but to the center by the same name that tests rockets and related technologies? Maybe you can't mention Roswell and this center in the same thread without causing trouble? well, If this is set-up in this manner so as to save lives or keep the 'bad guys' from learning about our best stuff, well, then so be it, but if this is just some random censorship based on 'keywords' it's moronic, because anyone else out there, who's read any history, knows who i'm talking about... It's funny, really, like seeing 'Grant' getting excised from a discussion on the Civil War

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
An experiment...

Nate Twining

Vannevar Bush

Dulce

SOM Operations Manual

Majestic

MJ12

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think that maybe one reason the powers that be hide so much from us these days is because it's gone on for so long now that the flood of information would be just too much. Maybe the people in charge of keeping these secrets a secret are afraid that by opening even a small hole at this point would just increase the publics desire and justification to know more secrets that have been hidden. At this point there are probably so many things that would upset people that have been hidden for so long the policy behind it is probably just to keep it all hidden for ever. The only problem though is that when you lie you usually have to lie again and again to cover up that first lie and it snowballs and gets worse over time, while telling the truth to start with, even when it's unpleasent, is always better. In fact I do believe that most of us learn this lesson when we are just little kids and is a sign of maturity when someone lives by this rule. This is what makes me so mad also...Since the excuse that is always given is that WE the people for some reason can't handle the truth as if we are children while our leaders are still such children they have yet to learn how to be mature enough to tell the truth. Also what makes me sick and sad is when I talk to people who say that they wouldn't want to know the truth when it comes to stuff like government cover-ups and UFO's. This choice that some people make to want to be blind to the truth is one of the worst characteristics I've ever seen in the human race, and it needs to be changed, as the first step in seeing the truth, is to first begin to see.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i think we all son of the gun so it might be the alien has no to way to disturb us at anytime and anyspace that belong to us even the solar system is under our foot not only to say the moon.so to all the ALIEN please dont ever and try to show down or we will shoot all of you with PARTICLE BEAM OR COOK ALL OF YOU LIKE A CHICKEN IN THE MICROWAVE
OVEN do you want that just get out from our solar system ,this system belong to us now dont you worry
to any of our action like playing the NUKE to us it just like playing a match

even we can trackin all you(ALIEN) while you are travel in hyperspace
so in no time we can burn you like a roasted chicken while you entering our orbit just like fireball

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Errrr,
maybe my Marshall fix above took up 1 or 2 more posting spaces than it needed to, but responses like the above make me think that this board is consumed either by trolls or people who are flat-out drunks.

All I wanted to know was why a simple name, well-known in American history, got an [xxx] (or should I just say Marshall) insertion, while a bunch of potsmoke drunks like the above can go off and ruin any site dedicated to things like UFOs at their own whim... I'd like to think that these types are just people who are out there to scare citizens away from the UFO mystery, but I imagine a lot of them are just juveniles... My only question, though, is if these guys are just Trolls, or people interested in discrediting stuff, how did they end up with such high user ratings (which imply that they've been here for awhile)?

Makes me think it's a waste of time to come here

Yeah, to the jerk above, maybe "me particle beam
" did get 'em?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
are you trying to post the name B.r.i.a.n?

There was a hoo ha of thingy proportions about someone of that name and their name was banned.

top topics

join