It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, are you willing to die for Russia and Putin, are you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
. Open a history book and learn about how Hitler was appeased by similar ideas.

Hitler did not have 7000 nuclear warheads.

Europe and the west did not have 2000 odd Nuclear warheads pointed right back at Hitler.

This aint 1930

Unlike Hitler Putin cant move beyond his one annexed area into the rest of Europe.

Worst he can do is annex Belarus and who gives a # about Belarus as its insignificant dictatorship anyway.

He cant move into Poland and he cant move into the Baltic without triggering nuclear destruction.

Best thing the west can do is SANCTION Russia to its economic death.

It cant do eff all with its military if it has no money.
edit on 25-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Sanction yes. War nope.

Sanctions, the modern day equivalent of siege measures, are an act of war.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

He can't move into Poland and he cant move into the Baltic without triggering nuclear destruction.

Putin isn't "moving into" Eastern Europe, NATO is.
edit on 25-3-2015 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sanction yes. War nope.

Sanctions, the modern day equivalent of siege measures, are an act of war.

no

war
wôr/Submit
noun
a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: msallo

Open warfare is the finale, the final act of a drawn out process practiced deceptively, intending to lead to surrender of the targeted city or state.

Sanctions are siege measures, a gentle euphemism designed to throw people off, like you are doing right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Hypothetical discussion with a lot of sarcasm, when you enter in skunk works you should be prepared of that. I have not followed the discussion in question ( i did read the first page and didn´t find the issue important to continue.. should i ? ).
It seems that OP is concerned of possible war, which i don´t believe will happen. I am not scared that it will happen like OP said, instead i believe something will happen in Russia when people wake up in there.
I live quite close a military air base, i can hear very well if something is going on or even developing.. atm there is nothing to be afraid of. Itś peaceful.
edit on 25-3-2015 by dollukka because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What happened to fighting, ISIS and Iran and Syria, who's going to take care of those, who's the biggest threat to western civilisation. Seems like we've got a whole lot of fighting to do. Are we finished in Afghanistan yet? There's lots of wars to fight, good for some I imagine, apart from the ones sent to fight them. I wonder if it will ever end

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You cannot do that when Russia decouples from west and goes east (BRICS) instead and the sanctions is hurting Europe economy.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: uncommitted

Hypothetical discussion with a lot of sarcasm, when you enter in skunk works you should be prepared of that. I have not followed the discussion in question ( i did read the first page and didn´t find the issue important to continue.. should i ? ).
It seems that OP is concerned of possible war, which i don´t believe will happen. I am not scared that it will happen like OP said, instead i believe something will happen in Russia when people wake up in there.
I live quite close a military air base, i can hear very well if something is going on or even developing.. atm there is nothing to be afraid of. Itś peaceful.

The thread I referred to was indeed opened in skunk works, and yes there is some sarcasm, but some revealing comments that I don't think are intended to be as funny as they actually are. Is it worth a read? Depends really, how many threads are?

I completely agree a war is massively unlikely, not sure what you mean by Russians waking up though, their economy is a mess, I think most Russians cannot help but be aware of that - if they continue to believe in Putin is one thing, if they continue to believe in the philosophy of the country is another. Communist countries are hard to read at times as blatant capitalism is often encouraged - as long as the government gets its share.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

You cannot do that when Russia decouples from west and goes east (BRICS) instead and the sanctions is hurting Europe economy.

UK has the fasted economic growth in the western world

Russia currency has devalued what 40% now?

Yeah....I can see were the hurt is and its not here.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

a reply to: msallo

Open warfare is the finale, the final act of a drawn out process practiced deceptively, intending to lead to surrender of the targeted city or state.

Sanctions are siege measures, a gentle euphemism designed to throw people off, like you are doing right now.

no

siege is an act of the military. sanctions do not always nor mostly lead to war. the act of a sanction is not an act of armed conflict and so not act of war.

war
wôr/Submit
noun
a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state

sanctions are not an act of a state of armed conflict between nations or states or different groups within a nation or state

protip: drinking starbucks doesnt make you smart

edit on 25-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Someone needs to call his bluff, nukes or not. Former soviet satellite states are no longer under Moscow's direct control. The sooner Putin understands that the U.S.S.R isn't coming back, the better.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DiverScuba3

I would fight and die for what or whom I decide. NOT because of orders.

As a fellow resident of this planet we should all be held under a moral obligation to protect those who cannot protect themselves. But, to go blindly onto a battle field at the behest of the elite for their personal gain?

Not a chance.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Someone needs to call his bluff, nukes or not.

"Nukes" aren't a bluff, Einstein.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Someone needs to call his bluff, nukes or not. Former soviet satellite states are no longer under Moscow's direct control. The sooner Putin understands that the U.S.S.R isn't coming back, the better.

We hopefully you are in the minority as people like you will lead us to extinction.

Economic warfare seems to be taking its toll on Russia quite nicely. Better to up the game with that than risk killing us all! Tighten the sanctions and make the Russian oligarchs squeal and someone will put a bullet in Putin head.

O I forgot Economic warfare not as "cool" as real pew pew pew warfare, not any many "cool" explosions and gun fights for you Americans.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I don't see how that is solving a problem.

It solved the problem of having the colonies ran by another country...so with that war their problems were solved. Although it might have brought on other problems later the immediate problem was solved.

Your view of what a problem is and what my idea of a real problem is, is clearly is not the same thing.

I wasn't trying to change your idea of what a problem is, I was just pointing out that a problem was solved with a war.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

a reply to: DeadSeraph

Someone needs to call his bluff, nukes or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nukes themselves aren't, but threatening to use them and not doing it is. Something Russia has been doing lately bluffing the use of nukes to intimidate neighbors.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

UK has the fasted economic growth in the western world

Russia currency has devalued what 40% now?

Yeah....I can see were the hurt is and its not here.

You can make everything look good on paper even when it is just propaganda. Even if Russian fiat currency is devalued. So what. Russia have resources and can be self sustaining and the sanctions is in fact making it easier for Putin to decouple from west than if there was no sanctions. The whole import embargo on EU/US would have been a tough sell for Putin if US did not embargo first.

The currency problem can be fixed if Russia or China goes gold backed since they have the gold and the FED have sold it off China. Funny how everyone seem now to join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank even US.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: intrptr

Nukes themselves aren't, but threatening to use them and not doing it is. Something Russia has been doing lately bluffing the use of nukes to intimidate neighbors.

Blah, blah, Russia isn't threatening the West or any NATO country 'cause you say so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join