It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raid on a pro-government propaganda outfit - latest sign there's serious infighting at the Kremlin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
*** The title of the thread was to long so I had to slice/dice to get it to fit ***

A raid on a pro-government propaganda outfit is the latest sign there's serious infighting at the Kremlin

It's not everyday that LifeNews gets raided. And when it does, it is usually a signal that something pretty significant is going on.

LifeNews, of course, is a pro-Kremlin "news" organization with close ties to the Federal Security Service (FSB). In fact, it's practically an adjunct of the FSB. It's used for all sorts of purposes, such as smearing Kremlin opponents, planting disinformation, and floating trial balloons.

To raid LifeNews you need to have some serious juice behind you.

So what's going on? It's early yet, but there are a few data points out there to connect.

According to initial press reports and a statement on the LifeNews website, the raid was triggered by a complaint that one of its reports on crimes against minors revealed personal information about the victims. Russian law prohibits news organizations from revealing any identifying information about underage crime victims.

But of course, nothing in Russia is ever that simple. Pro-Kremlin outfits rarely, if ever, get targeted in cases like this. And when they do, it is invariably the result of some kind of palace intrigue.

Read more: www.rferl.org...

Click link for remainder of article...

Some interesting observations to say the least... Links between a reporter in Lifenews and the head of Chechnya while also being linked to Putin through Konstantin Kostin.

A pro Russian media outlet just got raided...

Are people still going to maintain there is no power issues occurring behind the scenes?
edit on 25-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Putins just making sure those nude pictures of himself never see the light of day

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Putins just making sure those nude pictures of himself never see the light of day

Or any other light source that would show details.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
An eye for an eye perhaps could explain his recent holiday

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Maybe you should have included the disclaimer they had at the end of the article

Again, it is very early and all this is very circumstantial

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
the article linked below is from Life News about the raid

the last paragraph gives the governments reasoning, presumably from the warrant (which ive always assumed in mother russia was a flash bang)

Currently, in order to comprehensive and objective testing is necessary to study videos posted on this site Lif eNe ws, as well as a survey of people who have uploaded to the Internet, these subjects - the document says.

as a genious im compelled to tell you thats bs. very interesting

lifenews.ru...
edit on 25-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Here is a Ukranian propaganda thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where you jumped in on first page swallowing the whole thing hook line and sinker

Where is your credibility on issue of Russia when you believe Putin would nuke his own Capital city

You were caught misrepresenting too many times

This is a fact you can not erase, your posts are available to all
edit on 25-3-2015 by DiverScuba3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Game, set, and match.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: msallo

as a genious im compelled to tell you thats bs.

Hey genius, I gave you a star for this sentence alone. Can you see why?

edit on 25-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Glad the Russian people are waking up to the fact that they are being ruled by a corrupt madman who is abusing his power and his propaganda machinery.

Lets hope there will be a real coup soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Except for the fact the reason for the raid was

the raid was triggered by a complaint that one of its reports on crimes against minors revealed personal information about the victims. Russian law prohibits news organizations from revealing any identifying information about underage crime victims.

Imagine that protecting the rights of children. The monsters

And that the whole article is speculation

Again, it is very early and all this is very circumstantial

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

You are right.
Then my comment can be taken as a general statement, not related to the article in the OP.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

sometimes i feel like im on another planet. your sosobadman mask must filter obvious irony.

more importantly, how does the posting of an online video revealing the names of two minor parties necessitate a raid?

the raid happened no speculation

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Xcathdra I linked to your topic from Skeptic Overlord's topic Speculation of Kremlin Turf Wars Continue as Putin Fires Two Senior Officials, as it seems this is a continuing part of those 'turf wars.' Clearly, a major group is not happy in Putin-land.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The raid was because of life news divulging information about minors. The speculation was that it was because of a power struggle within the Kremlin.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Interesting development. Surely another piece of the puzzle that is the Kremlin. I don't buy the cover story about a leak of underage information. That could have been apologized for without a raid.

Who would raid the FSB mouthpiece? The FSB usually does the raids. I use to think of the FSB as one person, acting in one way but my eyes were opened up a few years ago. Now I understand the FSB is a massive organization with lots of political intrigue inside it. I wonder if this isn't FSB infighting. Directed by Putin to clean out some elements that aren't 100% loyal.

Good find!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

right, and im asking you for any reason that makes a half bit of sense why the posting of an online video that reveals the names of two minor parties necessitates a raid? make something up

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Because it is against the law in Russia and elsewhere, what is hard to grasp about that?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It´s estimated that in this year Russian gdp is going to drop 4.4 %, it has been going downhill 3 years already. That will have serious impact on Russia and russian citizens. Putin is not a answer, longer Putin stays in charge more unhappy people grow.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Because it is against the law in Russia and elsewhere, what is hard to grasp about that?

and the article also states that media outlets have posted that info in the past and nothing happened.

Normally I would agree however the links between people involved in this raises some questions.
edit on 25-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join