It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media that discredits itself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

If you have Yahoo set as your homepage, you will see stories throughout the day that are rated by the traffic and clicks that they generate. Using Yahoo as an example, news snippets along with paid advertising from a multitude of sources are pooled. Those resources often utilize what are considered highly credible sources such as the AP, WSJ, Sun Times and Huffington Post.

What I submit to you is that any online source that disables comments or does not allow for a comment forum is not adhering to true information gathering, reporting and subsequent debate but rather..... Engaging in propaganda spreading. The toxic comments argument notwithstanding, I find news sources that don't allow for public comment or debate to be wildly inaccurate.

In a country of 300+ million, regardless of how dumbed down the population has become, there are people who will decimate propaganda pieces almost immediately upon post. The only way to currently combat this and turn out media that has no immediate debunking is either disabling comments or not offering a forum for comment in the first place.

Be aware of this. If modern media would like to construct hit pieces by free lance journalists without the fear of public recourse through intelligent debate then how much can you trust the source material? I mention this because it is becoming more prevalent every day. Too many people have a voice on internet forums without having the pesky responsibility of defending their nonsense publicly because they choose not to in advance.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Those one way sites are holdouts from a previous era when they were the only sources of information.

I'm sure they would like a return to their one sided narrative.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Spot on!

I'm finding that this becoming more and more the norm for websites like Yahoo! and the "news" agencies that provide the majority of the info. Also, I'm sure no one will be surprised to know that most articles that don't allow commentary are usually incendiary or agenda pushing.

join