It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East countries are scrambling to build Nuclear weapons programs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes the common reaction is to blame the US, nevermind the fact that Iran is wanting to become a powerhouse in the mideast and one way to get there is by building nukes. You ever think that the Saudis or the Jordans don't like that Iran is building nukes and think the only way to protect themselves is by building nukes of there own to deter Iran? People on ATS are becoming predictable.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Na just facts, and theres no data on iran building a bomb.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Ah yes let's all play dumb and pretend that Iran isn't wanting to build nukes because if we didn't it would pop the bubble we live in.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm not one of the people that typically blames the U.S for everything. I certainly have no qualms with pointing out crappy foreign policy when I see it, however.

The point I was trying to make by bringing up the invasion of Iraq is that it left a power vacuum. While the middle east most certainly wasn't perfect before that decision was made, there was still a delicate balance of power. As oppressed as some of the people might have been under such tyrants as Saddam and Gaddafi, there was at least some modicum of order, with certain middle eastern nations counteracting others (Iraq/Iran, etc). Once the proverbial strongmen were removed from the picture, there was nothing stopping the militant islamists from wreaking havoc across the entire region. First in Iraq during the occupation, then in Libya and Syria.

Now we have a potential arms race in the middle east, and that can't end well for anyone. So while I don't blame the U.S for every problem that occurs in the world, I think it's reasonable to suggest we wouldn't be facing this cluster# if Bush and his cronies had considered their actions a little more carefully. Mind you, sometimes I think the present situation is exactly what was planned. "Order out of Chaos" and all that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

They may want to but they aren't building a nuke nor do they have one. If they did it would be curtains for Iran and they know it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hate to ruin your parade, but the Middle East is already nuclear weapon capable. Pakistan is manufacturer, and one of the most lucrative and slippery black markets in the world helped it happen.

Saudi Arabia already told us they have nukes on order.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Delicate Balance? Does the balance include people in Iraq being gassed by their own leader? Or the continuing wars that break out between the Sunni and the Shia? There has never been balance in the mideast and blaming everything on one single country doesn't simplify things.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

why so scared?

I find it ridiculous and insulting to my intelligence, when armed thugs
demand that their prospective victims not be able to defend themselves.

this is all zionist motivated anyways, the real threat isn't WMD's
but White Male Demagogues and their masters.

"Jerusalem is the dwelling of many Archons"
gnostic saying

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Delicate Balance? Does the balance include people in Iraq being gassed by their own leader? Or the continuing wars that break out between the Sunni and the Shia? There has never been balance in the mideast and blaming everything on one single country doesn't simplify things.

dont forget all the DU 'murica dumped in iraq
or the half million kids starved to death

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Id rather follow reality than made up stuff

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Chemical weapons provided by which countries? Sunni and Shia have been fighting since the fall of the Ottoman Empire. You don't seem to have actually read my reply, or if you did, you completely failed to comprehend it. Of course it's not the fault of a single country. However, if you think militant islamists haven't been emboldened as a result of U.S foreign policy in the middle east (especially over the last decade +), you either don't have all the facts or you are ignoring them.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Hate to ruin your parade, but the Middle East is already nuclear weapon capable. Pakistan is manufacturer, and one of the most lucrative and slippery black markets in the world helped it happen.

Saudi Arabia already told us they have nukes on order.

Admittedly, Pakistan scares the # out of me.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

US foreign policy and NATO policy has proven that ONLY a country with nukes is safe from US Empire

Simple to understand, don't you think

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DiverScuba3

Until those nukes fall into the hands of islamic extremists and they decide they don't like the Russians either. Then what?

Try to be a little less obvious next time.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Until those nukes fall into the hands of islamic extremists and they decide they don't like the Russians either. Then what?

Try to be a little less obvious next time.

Not disputing that, not disputing what you wrote at all

BUT AGAIN

Maybe US should have toned down the empire a little which sets off chain of events

Let me put it to you this way

US is powerful but not necessarily wise

For example I can definitely rob several stores and make easy 5 k, I know how to do it, which one to pick, at what time etc

But is it smart for me long term to do this ?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
nuke power plants are the bane of humankind.
they are the most dangerous and ignorant power sources ever thought up!
yet..they pock the worlds surface like a deadly plague.

That's a pretty ignorant comment in and of itself. In all the years that nuclear power has been around, I can only name three accidents. Pretty good track record all things considering. Now if they started using Thorium as a fuel source it would be even safer by comparison. And as far as "Pock the worlds surface", think about how many wind turbines you'd need to match the output of one reactor.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So God included a giveback clause when he gifted land to his chosen people? I never knew that! Don't get into orthodox stuff really.

I bet when he exercises that clause the results aren't pretty...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Most of the modern world is working on ways to become independent of oil, why would these countries not want the same?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
we are never going to make it past the nuclear age...never.

after nuclear age comes the stone age

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Most of the modern world is working on ways to become independent of oil, why would these countries not want the same?

You could very well be right. We won't know for 15-20 years however as it takes that long to get to nuclear bomb production.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join