It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Bacon Cooker Ever!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I was grocery shopping last week at Kroger and they had a clearance on "as seen on TV" gadgets. I pick up this microwave bacon cooker called a "bacon wave" for $5. Why not, I hate frying bacon in a pan, it takes forever, pops if the heat is too high and generally just a pain to cook. I also have a ceramic pan that cooks bacon in the oven but that takes a long time and that baking pan is hard to clean afterwards.

This thing is amazing! One minute in the microwave per slice (little more if thick cut), no splatter, easy drain, easy rinse off and the bacon is damned near perfect!

Thought I would share, this just made "makin Bacon" as easy as a TV diner or frozen pizza.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have switched to cooking bacon in the oven, very simple. Parchment paper down on a baking pan, preheat oven to 400 and then lay out the bacon. Takes about 17 minutes. You can make a lot of bacon this way very quickly. Which is good because the only thing better than bacon is... more bacon.

V

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I predict this thread will be the most popular thread on ATS for the next week.
'Cause, Bacon.

My Best friend at school use to cook it in a microwave, I flipped out, then tried it. extra crispy, and well here is the shock it tasted EXACTLY like bacon....
edit on 24-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Bacon in the microwave is gross...just gross...

No thanks, I'll stick to using the oven and a cookie sheet.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Bacon in the microwave is gross...just gross...

Yeah, while I'm all for the increased consumption of bacon I prefer to use my cast iron skillet.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

In the pan, on, or under the grill...

That's it. Pick one, and run with it!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

MMmmmm MMmmmm Good!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If the weather is permitting and you own a BBQ, then just go with the cookie sheet loaded with bacon and the results are .......Baconey and no grease in the house.
The only draw back I find is the Flies really seem to hone in on cooking bacon outside.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Bacon + Microwave + $5 = 100% loss of a chef's soul.

No thanks.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
Baconey and no grease in the house.

My wife likes potpourri, I prefer bacon.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is how I like bacon, smoked and with barbecue flavour (you can buy everywhere ready to eat, no cooking/baking needed)...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Now that image of two hunks of bacon is real bacon.
Where do you get it like that?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Now that image of two hunks of bacon is real bacon.
Where do you get it like that?

The best I could do...

Bacon!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Baconey and no grease in the house.

My wife likes potpourri, I prefer bacon.

Ahhh the aroma indeed, as I am typing this there is incense burning in this room as we both share it as an office but the wife controls the mood in this room. Not to worry though, just down the hallway there is a freezer with 2 packages of bacon just waiting till its nice enough to fire up the Q.

I at least can control that aroma and long live bacon!
If YogaGins (member and wife) sees this post my bacon might be toast! Please read this then print it and chew it up and swallow before the Queen of the house happens across this post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Please read this then print it and chew it up and swallow before the Queen of the house happens across this post.

Regards, Iwinder

Only if you smear it with bacon first.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You can buy it at any butcher or supermarket in The Netherlander like that, I actually just bought a piece of 10oz tonight...it`s called Zeeuws (part of The Netherlands) Spek (Bacon).

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

I shouldn't have read that. The one thing keeping me from eating copious amounts of bacon is the pain in the ass mess.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Anyone interested in how to make "Zeeuws Spek", here a recipe with Google Translate...

Link

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Sit a rack on a baking pan (collects the drippings), use the same oven temp, works just fine, matter of fact, when I tried it, I expected to have to deal with curl up like when frying, but none whatsoever.. and you can save the drippings for seasoning other tasty Kitchen concoctions, when that bacon flavor may be needed...

No microwave needed

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

You're a bad person.

Also, thanks!
edit on 2420150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join