It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Peace Co-founder say we need more CO2, not less.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hmm, I gave another site that showed the CO2 levels going way back. Also a site showing the improved growth rate of plant life with increased CO2 levels. Also, a site which showed the temperature being flat during the period of 25% increase in CO2 levels.

You responded with a site that claimed acidification of the oceans-with no clarification on how that relates to CO2 which then morphed into likely to cause some problem for crustacean development. (yet with 10 times the current CO2 level, no apparent damage to the oceans were apparent)

-Flat temps with increased CO2
- improved plant/food growth with higher CO2
-no evidence of correlation with CO2 effecting oceans (even though incredible pollutants are being disposed of in our oceans on a daily basis which is the real ocean problem)

Conclusion:

It's you and your ilk that depends on the stimulus-response crowd for support. When confronted with counter data you bounce to 45 or so year old letters that have NOTHING to do with the point of the thread.

If I was convinced that your views were correct, I'd point out that sooner or later, that CO2 level would be above the optimum for plant life, even though it would take a while. No you don't even bother with that rebuttal.

Truth be told, I'm not convinced one way or the other when I started this post. I intended it as a challenge. Make your case, so on.

All you've achieved is moving me towards the view that the whole climate change/global warming gambit is a hoax.

A political gambit. One that takes attention off of pollution that is on-going and a serious threat to our oceans.

Bottom line? CO2 is not one of those threats....for now.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares what you are convinced about.

I completely lost interest in debating you when you stated.

CO2 cannot CANNOT become acidic. So lakes, oceans, whatever, isn't from CO2.

That statement is either a product of willful ignorance or absolute denialism.

As for the site you gave showing CO2 levels were higher around 440 Ma also known as the Ordovician period and Ordovician extinction which was one of the five major extinction events in Earth's history isn't giving your stance any credibility.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Bye, bye.

<< 1  2   >>

join