It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Peace Co-founder say we need more CO2, not less.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So far I see nothing but spin. Again, AGAIN, CO2 cannot CANNOT become acidic. So lakes, oceans, whatever, isn't from CO2.

As far as temps go, they have been higher for extended periods without anywhere near the CO2 emissions of today.

Again. Moore states the mandate for research is in man-caused temperature increases, not alternate causes. This creates a vested interest in maintaining the image. This point is reasonable.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thanks. I appreciate that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

You're welcome.

I think I will bail on this thread for now.

I just gave the link for the proven chemistry of Ocean Acidification and it is called spin.lol

I don't think even the known sites that deny AGW deny that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm not aware of the 'chemical process' you refer to.

www.skepticalscience.com...

This might clarify the past CO2 levels during glacial periods....

The the point of the general skepticism, a couple of decades back, global cooling...an ice age. Then global warming...

now climate change.....

That's being found to be questionable, to say the least, now it's acidification of the oceans.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....

Now it's politicized and an industry in itself. You wonder why thinking individuals might question the motives of some of the players...(not saying you, personally..)

edit on 24-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm not aware of the 'chemical process' you refer to.

Yeah....sure....OK.

I posted the link already with that and any search with the term ocean acidification will turn up millions of links, but your Sgt Shultz about it.

You have been shown that Patrick Moore has falsified his credentials and is a paid shill yet that doesn't matter to you.

You talk about questioning motives of some players and every fiber of me says pursuing this thread further would be like playing chess with pigeons.

Not interested. Maybe someone else will play.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: sgt shultz

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Trouble is, the jury is still out on who the shill/shills really are.

Moore via corporate? Or is the green industry running the shills?

Could be either...or even both.

So as far as it goes, Moore's data has corroboration elsewhere. That's a plus for him. Grimpachi seems to have diverted the thread to OA. Ocean acidification.
The next gambit?

This could change, but for now I believe Moore more.....

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Well, thank you for your participation. You've pointed out Moore is a shill. No evidence. Your 'letter' has no signature or name attached. Zero proof he's working for a corporation.

When asked about the science of his article, you cede that CO2 may be beneficial to 'plants' but harmful to the world.

When asked to clarify, you point to "OA", Ocean acidification and a chemical process that is "likely" to effect certain species. Even when much goes into the oceans other than CO2.

When shown data where the CO2 was 10 times the level than now with no apparent ill effects to the oceans you don't respond.

So it's not 'climate change' it's ocean acidification that's the concern.

Your absolutely right. This thread was a waste of time......

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: TrueBrit

He was not a founding member of Greenpeace, although he was an early draft into their number. The groups origins were in 1970, when the actual founding members were looking into protesting against nuclear testing. Moore got in on the action in 1971.

Well, that's at least when he requested to join.

you should really stop pushing that letter all over ATS...while I don't doubt Moore has dirt under his fingers and is most likely a paid shill...that letter is ridiculous. No signature, handwritten, with no references what so ever. Where in that letter does it say it's him writing it ?

You wouldn't accept that as proof of anything...on any subject.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Except, the very next post I posted the link to the rest of the letter with his signature as well as statements from Green Peace.

Here is that post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So thanks for your advice but I will keep posting it anytime someone tries to present him as anything other than a known shill and liar.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The 'Koch's' seem to think there is no climate change according to this story on vice news:

news.vice.com...

In fact the 'Koch's' believe it so badly, they have been ploughing Millions upon Millions into Organisations and 'deniers' of Climate change.

From Link:

The letter notes that Koch Industries is one of the "largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions" and that Koch has spent more than $67 million funding groups denying climate change science. The Smithsonian's Hall of Human Origins, with a $15 million grant from Koch, currently misrepresents climate change, and news of the exhibit's funding showed that the concerns are "not just hypothetical," former museum president James Powell told VICE News. "Science museums shouldn't have on their boards people who are actively funding the denial of science," Powell, one of the letter's signatories who formerly ran the Franklin Museum of Science and the Los Angeles County Natural History Museum, told VICE News. "It's a contradiction."

Above talking about the Smithsonian Museum exhibit funded by oil-rich billionaire David Koch

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The Koch's may be right. At least man-caused climate change.

But of course, it goes political. Always does. Billions from Federal Gov't grants, a whole new industry with their vested interests.

Who's that California Billionaire spending big bucks on environmental legislation? Can't remember his name off the top.

So far no convincing evidence of man-caused climate change...that seems to have morphed into Ocean Acidification...

no data on how CO2 converts/creates acid either....

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Why do you think he's throwing all that cash at those on his side?

because he doesn't want his Businesses closed down and he doesn't want people blaming him and his businesses.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

How about an honest conviction that MAN CAUSED, climate change is a false premise?

Not an impossible scenario....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Except, the very next post I posted the link to the rest of the letter with his signature as well as statements from Green Peace.

Here is that post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So thanks for your advice but I will keep posting it anytime someone tries to present him as anything other than a known shill and liar.

well...I stand corrected signature wise...I was wandering if there was a rest of that letter as it seems not to finish in the first part.

Still...by way of evidence...it is still pretty flimsy...a piece of paper...written by hand. I can't tell you how many times have this sort of thing been shot down by ATS members...which are more..."scientific".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

How about for a bogus reason? There is evidence of pure anti-capitalism in the green ranks.

If I was convinced the data on CO2 climate change was false, had the means to protect my interests, I would as well.

I can't buy into the rubber stamp view it's all evil corporation shills. I don't believe the man caused climate-change. Therefore it's reasonable that others don't as well......

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

well...I stand corrected signature wise...I was wandering if there was a rest of that letter as it seems not to finish in the first part.

Still...by way of evidence...it is still pretty flimsy...a piece of paper...written by hand. I can't tell you how many times have this sort of thing been shot down by ATS members...which are more..."scientific".

Here is the thing. That letter and statement from Green Peace denouncing him as ever being a founding member has been posted and reposted on many respected sites and journals.

He isn't hurting for money and has the means to pursue a defamation suit. He would have a great case since it can be tied to Greenspirit Strategies Ltd the firm where he works for many of the industries Green Peace is completely against. If the letter is a forgery it would be in his best interest to at least challenge it and even better for him to take the forgers to the cleaners. But, not a peep.

It is not like the guy is dead and buried where he can't defend himself and we are looking at a piece of paper that people don't stand behind knowing they can be held responsible in court if they are lying.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Still, you post about whether Moore is a co-founder, not whether his data is true or not.

It comes across as either an avoidance of the subject of climate change, in general, rather than addressing the data provided.

There are other sources that provide similar data, even though sponsored by their particular industries. I'd counter the climate change crowd as well if it threatened my livelihood, especially if I deemed it bogus.

I'd do the same as them. One cannot hide behind "oh, they're just corporation shills". They 'could' be. BUT, they might also have a valid point.

That's the point of this thread....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

With at least three other active threads on his letter I am not all that concerned.

It has been discussed his claims have been disputed.

Yeah, I already linked them.

His letter isn't recent, but he has made recent news.

Pesticide Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Glyphosate After Claiming It’s Safe To Drink

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You seem to hang onto the "letter" a bit too much for my taste, sir. Early 70s? 45 years ago?

No interest from me on that one.

So far, the data suggests CO2 has zero to do with 'climate change'.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The letter I referred to is the one your OP is based off of.

Three other threads on that one.

If you think the data suggests CO2 has zero to do with climate change that doesn't surprise me.

You also claim CO2 has nothing to do with Ocean Acidification.

With one-quarter of the US believing the sun revolves around the earth your statements do not surprise me at all.

The only thing I find somewhat surprising is your thread hasn't been moved to deconstructing disinformation yet like the others that are about the exact same letter from Patrick Moore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join