It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman please Help us understand why Bob Lazar is a fraud??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
?My name is Jake and I am knew to ats as an "official" Member . Saying that I have monitored Ats almost daily for alternative news. My First post has to be the question that has been haunting me for years. Stanton Friedman is a great Ufologist, and researcher on Alien life and the Ufo phenomena. I have much respect for him. Like many others I value evidence on any given claim. I recently hear Stanton Friedman state he believes Bob Lazar to be a "phony" due to a simple "physics" question he asked Lazar and he could not answer. Im very curious to A. What was the question asked? B. When was this question posed? If any of you Know Stanton Friedman please ask these questions and post the his answers. Thank You and I look forward to being a member on Ats.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakeknows15

Welcome aboard ATS airlines. Kick back. Put on a tinfoil hat. And enjoy the ride.
Once you have posted 20 times. You may start your own thread asking just that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'm feelin' a bit Lazy, So I thought I'd just copy/paste a poem I wrote
for the Masses here, aimed at NewBy's. Hello, Welcome, and:

Have a good time while on This Trip,
On The Wild Ride ATS MotherShip.

As Someone has already mentioned Before,
Welcome Aboard the Ship Now Please Close the Door.

We don't want any Trolls coming up the stairs,
Pushing their Hatred and Lies, till you want to pull out Your Hair.

You will Learn so much Here that it will fill You with Pride,
Just Remember Most of all Hey!, "It's Just A Ride!"

Link to Page that this is Written on is HERE
edit on 24-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Here's Stan's explanation. When one digs some more, there may be something to Lazar's claims, but Stan has a good argument for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hello Jake and welcome to ATS

Fraud or not, i guess Friedman has some doubts.
I believe these two questions are what can be found in Friedman´s homepage

He was publicly asked when he got his MS from MIT. He said “Let me see now, I think it was probably 1982.” Nobody getting an MS from MIT would not know the year immediately.
He was asked to name some of his profs, He said: “Let’s see now, Bill Duxler will remember me from the physics department at Caltech.” I located Dr. Duxler. He’s a Pierce Junior College physics prof, and never taught at Caltech. Lazar was registered in one of his courses at the same time Lazar was supposedly at MIT! Nobody who can go to MIT goes to Pierce JC, not to mention the rather long commute between LA and Cambridge, Mass.

Stanton Friedman

Whatever the truth is considering Lazar, there are a lot of hoaxes in UFO "scene" and some are there just to make money out of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS jake , Did you see this video , probably do not answer your question but gives a idea about how or what he feels about Lazar.

If you have seen this already i apologise for using up Thread space

Anyway a warm welcome to you

Edit :

Aaand remember!

edit on 24-3-2015 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS as a member Jake. The question is a very valid one. As someone with great interest in the UFO subject let me suggest that you copy this thread to a txt file and once you post 20 replies, repost it in another forum. Best of luck and once again, welcome.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Lazar was telling the truth.

At least as much as he knew.

Stanton Friedman is a Member and a really nice guy.

Ask him...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

He was publicly asked when he got his MS from MIT. He said “Let me see now, I think it was probably 1982.” Nobody getting an MS from MIT would not know the year immediately.
He was asked to name some of his profs, He said: “Let’s see now, Bill Duxler will remember me from the physics department at Caltech.” I located Dr. Duxler. He’s a Pierce Junior College physics prof, and never taught at Caltech. Lazar was registered in one of his courses at the same time Lazar was supposedly at MIT! Nobody who can go to MIT goes to Pierce JC, not to mention the rather long commute between LA and Cambridge, Mass.

You know, those aren't really physics questions though, if that's his spin. Those questions are more biographical. Honestly other than my HS diploma, I don't know the years for the others. I would literally have to go look. I can however, remember lots of names of folks I had classes under.

Oh well. I "want to believe" Lazar was on the level, and I still think he was.

Hi Jake! Lots of topics to explore on ATS. If you put Lazar's name in the search function, it will keep you busy for the next couple of days. : )

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I thought it was common knowledge that Bob Lazar was a fraud?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Nice i have seen to have forgotten al about it , so also thanks on my behalf for mentioning it.

Here is his Q & A Thread for the OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a great one

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hi Jake, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community.

Please review the link below, after which you are more than welcome to make a new introduction thread if you wish.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join