It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien "Cereal Killers" : UFOs, Aliens & Crop Circles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Scdfa

You really should use the ext tags when quoting others work.
www.ufoevidence.org...

Most of that is the same old rhetoric promoted without evidence or checkable data by those that want to portray the CC phenomena as something other worldly , anyone who can be bothered to look at crop circles with an open mind will see the evidence is there to prove it isn't.

Thank you, I'll be sure to do that. In my little town, there was a remarkable flying saucer sighting, the next morning there was a crop circle yards away from the sighting. I'm open minded.

Maybe Doug and Dave were piloting that flying saucer?
edit on 25-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
While I do believe that many crop circles are hoaxes, I don't believe that makes all of them hoaxes.

The earliest case ever recorded on a crop circle is a leaflet from Britain from 1678. The incident was titled - "The Mowing Devil". Somehow, I don't think crop circles are Military secret code when the phenomenon is very, very old. This case is conveniently dismissed by crop circle skeptics.

Mowing Devil

CdT

Excellent post, Cirque, I tend to agree with you. I don't think crop circles are the best evidence to establish the reality of alien contact, but they should not be ignored.

There was a crop circle event here in my town a few years back. The night before it was found, there was a remarkable flying saucer sighting only yards away. I'm convinced there is a link.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
After watching and reading about these for ten years, I believe some are ET artists, and some are artists of human origin. The radiation, discs found in the soil of two crop circles, the powdery substance all are high strangeness. But these could have been hoaxed too. The designs are so intricate, the super large designs, and the crop of the alien holding the cd with the binary message were pure genius. The only message I get is: hello we exist, we are here, we are watching you, and we are grey aliens. This is very soft disclosure. The hoaxer fellows Doug and Dave may have been paid to throw the public off. How much energy do you think these old fellows have to do all this in quantity, in the dark, year after year, dreaming up original alien looking designs? After all, it is not really in most people's consciousness to accept reality. Examine how our society works and it is clear humans have some major limitations.

edit on 25-3-2015 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

It's called being open minded. Don't insult people for believing something you don't.

No, it isn't. It's called being naive.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Although it may seem contradictory to our perceived agenda, undoubtedly one of our roles is to encourage belief in the non-human origin of the circles. Doug & Dave's claim to original authorship and our subsequent claims have created an atmosphere well known to theological sociologists - that disconfirmation can lead to strengthened belief. For those who want to believe there are enough soft edges on our activities to allow their beliefs to perpetuate. We never lay claim to specific formations, we only claim authorship of formations in the round.

Some researchers see our claims to authorship as akin to those made by hoax callers who claim responsibility for actions they haven't committed, like people who claimed to be the Yorkshire Ripper. For the more paranoid believer they can weave intricate conspiracy theories around us, casting us as shady disinformation agents in the pay of the government fighting against the rising tide of new age belief... or some such narrative.

quote from john lundberg from an interview with mark pilkington, the director and writer (respectively) of 'mirage men'

source

a lot of interesting material on the 'circlemakers' site

for instance

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Maybe Doug and Dave were piloting that flying saucer?

I guess there's more chance of that than it being ET that created it , we have solid evidence that Doug and Dave existed and that they created circles.

As for the The Mowing Devil , it's a moralistic story or allegory , the farmer rather than pay a fair price for the labourer to cut his crop called on the Devil to do the work instead, as a result the Devil did cut the crop that night but the farmer was to afraid to remove it and left it in the field , his stubbornness and greed cost him his crop.

“But not to keep the curious Reader any longer in suspense, the inquisitive Farmer no sooner arriv’d [sic] at the place where his Oats grew, but to his admiration he found the Crop was cut down ready to his hands; and if the Devil had a mind to shew [sic] his dexterity in the art of Husbandry, and scorn’d [sic] to mow them after the usual manner, he cut them in round circles, and plac’t [sic] every straw with that exactness that it would have taken up above an Age for any Man to perform what he did that one night: And the man that owns them is as yet afraid to remove them.”

This is how wheat was laid to dry in the 17th century , these are the circles mentioned in the story.

Here's the story of the Mowing Devil

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wonderful thread!

The thing about crop circles that gets me; is 5heir geometric blueprint. The layout, the shapes used.

It's so .. artificially generic. Most of the large and complex crop formations, do not spell out human psyche and imagination.

If this started and continued as human activity we would be seeing human"esque" designs, meaning designs that obviously came from human psyche.

Say; snoopy, batman logo, smiley face, animal, car, word or name... something g thst resembles human mind and thinking.

But when I see the large-complex formations, I see and feel something .. unaturual to the my psyche and the like of my own species.

It feels and seems alien, hence the connection.

No doubt some of them are human activity, and as many speculate, a cover up or wItty excuse.

But some are clearly, not of human imagination and thought process. .

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

When it comes to phenomena like this the ufonauts are happy when people believe and happy when they don't believe.
This is because they only want some to follow them. The rest are sent away. In this way they create a kind of sieve that attracts people who will believe but repel those who entertain doubts. They always leave it on a knife edge like this. It is their way of dividing believers from non believers.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's my problem...

Most artists sign their work...

None one ever has with Crop Circles... Unless for advertising!.

Who's ever come forward to take credit for the most complex crop circle we've ever seen at Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, UK?.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If the aliens really are landing in England and creating these works of art then they are pretty damned good at hiding themselves. There isn't really many solid cases that can linked to alien craft or beings creating crop circles. It seems to be a theory that was thrown out there way back in the 1980s and has been clung to ever since.

But let's see what another summer produces out in the fields.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Sometimes people do things for the thrill of doing it not for recognition , they may even get a giggle from seeing people walking around their creation thinking it was made by aliens.

Chilbolton was an exceptionally well worked out and well executed piece of work , even had me believing back in the day , but then I did believe a lot of things in those days.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Two, smaller,’ nests’ were discovered, hidden in thick swamp grass along with a completely bare rectangle in the reeds.

Just another case of swamp grass. Move along folks, nothing to see here

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Here's my problem...

Most artists sign their work...

None one ever has with Crop Circles... Unless for advertising!.

Who's ever come forward to take credit for the most complex crop circle we've ever seen at Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, UK?.
Couldn't that recognition be accompanied by being arrested for, maybe trespassing, and destruction of crops, and maybe other criminal charges, as well as civil liabilities to compensate the farmers for the destroyed crops?

And you're seriously asking why nobody is taking credit? Some guys did, maybe when it was too long after the event to prosecute them.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Part 2 (Alien Cattle Mutilations) will be along sometime in the future.

I'm curious to see how this will be presented. How long will it be before you put it up?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is the directed microwave energy theory (totally unsubstantiated) that says the military was working on this technology during the Vietnam war, to lay down tall crops thus denying the enemy from hiding in it. It was further speculated that someone took it in the civilian sector and married the technology to computers allowing a rastorized microwave emitter. Interesting, but there have been some out there that claim they can manipulate the mechanisms that plants use to orient themselves to sunlight with microwave energy. Interesting enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

A thread on Cattle mutilations is probably a couple of weeks away. It's all a case of finding the spare time to pull it all together. Also there's a lot more beef to that subject

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Did doug and dave get prosecuted?

I'll stick to my original statement, we don't know everything about crop circles, people can only presume that they do!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Swamp Grass LOL! Totally missed the opportunity to use that punch line in the OP!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I don't think Doug and Dave ever were prosecuted because they'd hung up their circle making gear well before any specific law came in to outlaw "making patterns" in the wheat.

However in 2001 (here in the UK) a specific law was passed and a guy called Matthew Williams was the first prosecuted under that law. The number of complex (and even lesser) designed crops circles tailed off last year. Possibly due to the poor weather and also things like the high price of fuel and other economic factors.

edit on 26/3/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman cow mutilation is real. My Aunt lived in Iowa and she came visiting me in Maryland back about mid 80's. We sat and talked after about 20 minutes or so we had nothing to say we just looked at each other and smiled. To break the tension I said "what about those cow mutilations" half joking. My Aunt looked real serious and said. "Luckily we have not had any for awhile" I did not know what to say. My mom came back into the room andd the conversation changed. My Aunt never joked or drank or smoked. I always thought wow i should have asked her what she thought was creating the cow mutilations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join