It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture Begins at the Top

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Amethyst

Its just mindbogling wouldnt you say?

Mindboggling is the whole of the story
This is all about the creation of fear and submission
Feels good doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Amethyst
I think part of the problem is, your average Joe thinks Iraq has something to do with 9/11 and probably figures they deserve to be tortured.

Ya know, I don't care what someone did, how bad it was. Torture is not acceptable. Execution if you're guilty, that's fine, but not torture. There is something in the Constitution about "cruel and unusual punishment." Yeah, I know, that's over there, but can't Americans take what they believe in (or should believe it) and apply it to when they're Over There?

I believed the lie that was told and initially supported the war. Then I woke up.
Under this government anything goes- Unless you're extremely young, people realize that this is another world completely and what was done with diplomacy and tact before, now its done with brutal barbaric force- they are barbaric? we are more so than them.
Its just mindbogling wouldnt you say?

Not the America I grew up in. I'm almost 32. My little boy turned 3 a few days ago, and I wonder what he's going to have to face 15-20 years down the road.

It's enough to make me question how we got to be like this. We can't claim the moral high ground when we stoop below the level of our perceived adversaries.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is worth posting again:

"The U.S. is committed to the worldwide elimination of torture and we are leading this fight by example. I call on all governments to join with the U.S. and the community of law abiding nations in prohibiting, investigating and prosecuting all acts of torture." - G.W. Bush, June 26, 2003

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
If justice has been done in a few cases, the ACLU documents show that abuses were more common - and more extreme - than the Bush administration had previously conceded. More important, however, the documents show that the impetus for abuse came from above, not below. The use of coercive and violent methods spread from Guantnamo Bay, where alleged Taliban and al-Qaida prisoners are incarcerated, to Iraq and Afghanistan.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

ECK, had it first he was the first one to post the documents, and we did not gave him credit.

They are you go ECK, it was all true.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimboE

EastCoastKid,

After reading a few of your posts, I'm convinced you're sitting in a psycho ward of a hospital somewhere, typing furiously on a computer, while babbling incoherently about a massive government conspiracy to put valium in our drinking water.

Alas, I hate to disappoint you Jimbo.
It's even worse than you suspect. I am embedded within the mainstream media, where I write. So, look out; you may be reading me without even knowing it.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
GimboE, agenda was not to be reasonable or fair, he was here to bash your thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
GimboE, agenda was not to be reasonable or fair, he was here to bash your thread.

Well, he'll just havta try harder next time!

I'm reading through the thread as I can, and I havta say, there are some very thoughtful, intelligent posts. Thanks for all of your contributions. Regarding those by the likes of JimboE.. they're makin' ya look bad. You might wanna talk facts and original thoughts, rather than simply bashing. It gives you zero cred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join