It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros Spends More Than $9 Million to Form New Political Money Machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Famous Progressive money financier George Soros is apparently gearing up for 2016 by consolidating 3 Left Wing groups into one big one.

He's sliding more than $9 million dollars to get a foot-hold.

I can only imagine the petty nit-picking going on among the people in charge trying to decide which programs will become the biggest failures and do the most damage.

The new group name is "State Innovative Exchange"

Rabbit holes all over the place.

Soros Spends More Than $9 Million to Form New Political Money Machine

Three liberal groups, with a combined total of $9.2 million in seed money from George Soros, have joined forces to create one super-network liberals hope will funnel money into different left-wing, grassroots political campaigns. These investments will finance democrat messaging through robocalls, pesky mailers, and meager hourly wages for clipboard wielding ideologues.

Late last year, the American Constitution Society’s “American Legislative and Issue Campaign Exchange” (ALICE), the Progressive States Network (PSN), and the Center for State Innovation (CSI) combined to become the “State Innovative Exchange” or “SiX.” SiX pledged to continue pursuing legislative efforts at the state level around the nation with well-funded and newly charged invigoration.

SiX’s stated its goals clearly on its website, “Elected officials and staff across the country are writing legislation that will shape our future. At SiX, we provide trusted, expert resources to inform and enhance that work. Together, we’re building the legislative wing of the progressive movement. SiX aims to encourage cross-pollination among states, providing a platform for the best ideas to spread and grow.”

SiX

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am 100% certain that will be a total failure because the country made the shift away from Progressives many years ago.

It is literally a bunch of old 1960 hippies having one last "cumbaya" sing along on a 1950 greyhound bus.

Mark my words.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

More likely a fleet of rusted out VW Buses.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
All the more reason to end private/individual/corporate/PAC donations. Campaigns should be funded only by a public fund, divided equally among all candidates. I think it's also time to eliminate the DNC and RNC.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am so outraged ill vote for the guy whos bought by a right wing.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Someone funded by Koch's 1B$ pool, I hope...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Soros is a man with too much money. He can add two more SIXs and then be factually represented in the name of his corps. 666 .

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And it is tiny compared to our public sector unions.

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations • WSJ

I still don't believe in restricting political donations, this stuff just flies in the face of the "big money is on the right" campaign donation opponents rhetoric. These unions spend the most as it is and want to regulate away private money knowing that in kind political speech and intimidation are their ace in the hole.
edit on 24-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Famous Progressive money financier George Soros is apparently gearing up for 2016 by consolidating 3 Left Wing groups into one big one.
He's sliding more than $9 million dollars to get a foot-hold.

It's almost like he's not really trying.....

Koch brothers political network planning $889 million of spending in 2016

Looks like he's going to have to dig a little deeper. I'm sure he could find some more loose change down the back of his sofa.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

And let's not forget the biggest union of all.....

US Chamber of Commerce, Grand Total Spent on 2014 Federal Elections: $35,472,011

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
9 million?

Well ain't that just outrageous?

Soros will donate 9 million. The Kochs are gearing up to spend one BILLION on the 2016 elections.

Koch brothers set staggering 2016 spending goals

The Koch brothers alone spent 300 million just on the 2014 midterms.

Koch Brothers Plan $300 Million Spending Spree In 2014

Sheldon Adelson is another major donor, he alone spent 150 million in 2012, and thanks to the GOP rewriting of campaign donation laws, we can't even begin to guess how much the likes of Koch's and Adelson's are now supplying to dark money networks perverting elections.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Those old worn-out hippies with just 9 million dollars to counter the Koch's (and I say that word with meaning) one billion dollar treasure will have to drive/push their rusty VW bus (stopping on the way to pick up even older hippies) to celebrate at the Democratic candidates Inaugural in 2017 and smoke some bongs (outside, in the bus) at the Inaugural Balls.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BritofTexas

originally posted by: greencmp

And let's not forget the biggest union of all.....

US Chamber of Commerce, Grand Total Spent on 2014 Federal Elections: $35,472,011

Don't even get me started on the "US Chamber of Commerce", what a bunch of rubbish. They are the folks that brought you the 500 employee "small businesses" that the government has helped and we hear so much about.

They are part of the nearly $1 billion spent on cronyist lobbying and campaigns.

top topics

join