It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Fitness Hit With Lawsuit Over Claims Of Hostile Environment For Women And Children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Planet Fitness, a popular health club, has been nailed with a lawsuit that claims one location is a hostile environment.

A woman apparently had her membership revoked because of constant complaints about men being the women's locker room !!

The woman was allegedly warning other members about this.

You can only imagine the wild micro-managing and workplace/member jealousies going on in that place.

Planet Fitness Hit With Lawsuit Over Claims Of Hostile Environment For Women And Children

A lawsuit was filed today against Planet Fitness by Yvette Cormier, the woman whose membership was terminated by the gym after she raised concerns about a man in the women's locker room.

PLANET FITNESS LAWSUIT FILED TODAY

PLANET FITNESS POLICY CREATES A HOSTILE AND OFFENSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN

After contacting the corporate headquarters of Planet Fitness, the policy was affirmed and her membership was revoked after she refused to stop warning other members that men were permitted to use the women’s locker room.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So what if you're a woman in a guys body? Seems her lawsuit is hostile to those people.

If you're not comfortable in a public locker room, don't go to public locker rooms. I know I don't.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I'm sure it will all come out in court and depositions.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Isn't this from a few weeks ago?

Where a woman who didn't like that a Trans male was using the women's facilities?

And they revoked her membership for being a bigot?

She was told that he was permitted to use the women’s facilities because he sincerely self-identified as a women despite the fact that biologically he was a man in all respects.

Yup, that's it.

She got was she deserved ,planet fitness will win the law suit hands down.

Laughable really.

ETA: actually, she didn't have it revoked for being a bigot, it was her harassment of other gym members that did it. Even more hilarious.

~Tenth
edit on 3/24/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm confused by the part that says Planet Fitness is a hostile environment for women and CHILDREN...what children are hanging out at the Planet Fitness in the locker rooms?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

This case could set a precedent.

That might be the actual intent.

Many lawsuits are intentionally frivolous by design.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So a woman who doesnt want to share a shower and toilet and get changed in the same room as a tranny is a bigot?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: msallo

So a woman who doesnt want to share a shower and toilet and get changed in the same room as a tranny is a bigot?

Yes. Considering the derogatory term you used to describe somebody that is transgender, I imagine you probably would feel the same way.

She can either get over it and be an adult or she can find a new gym. That's how the free market works.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Just to recap here, but because her views didn't conform to the views of the business owner, she should lose, find another place of business that does cater to her views because that's how free markets work?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: msallo

Yes. Considering the derogatory term you used to describe somebody that is transgender, I imagine you probably would feel the same way.

She can either get over it and be an adult or she can find a new gym. That's how the free market works.

~Tenth

Then you must be applying the 'im an offended obama voter' definition rather than the new oxford.

Im sure your free market approach applies to bakers who dont want to make tranny cakes as well.

And yes, im a bigot. One of the perks of being an alpha.

edit on 24-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's pretty much how it works these days. You can't offend members of a protected class, but they are more than welcome to offend you.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said. Just one thing I'd change: the person wasn't a trans man, she was a trans woman.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'l go to a tranny bakery and get some tranny cake for myself.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, if the women and children are growlers, watch out! They'll toss yer butt right out the door.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Also, I'd like to say, what's the difference between a man being in the locker room who self identifies as a woman, and who may or may not be attracted to women, and women being the locker room who are attracted to women?

What's the woman's basis for this making her feel uncomfortable? Because if it's that there is a man in there who might be ogling you, there might be women in there ogling you, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. If I am a 50 year old man and I go into the women's locker room and watch young girls shower and change clothes, I end up arrested and placed on the sex offenders list. If I am a 50 year old man and claim that I feel like a woman and go into the women's locker room, that's ok.
So what If I'm a 50 year old man and go into the women's locker room and claim that I feel like a woman, but, I feel like a lesbian woman?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Also, I'd like to say, what's the difference between a man being in the locker room...

Um, IMHO, some women, perhaps many, appear to feel that the women's is some sort of bastion of safety, inviolable by males. In the same sort of way that small children think covering their heads with sheets keeps boogeymen away.

The ladies' loo is like the Church grounds in days of yore, a sacred place where nothing can happen, and no ills intrude.

Cross that door with the wrong reproductive equipment, and you can provoke a very irrational reaction in such ladies. Ranging from rage to panic. Which I have seen for myself, sad to say.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
So what if you're a woman in a guys body? Seems her lawsuit is hostile to those people.

If you're not comfortable in a public locker room, don't go to public locker rooms. I know I don't.

If you are a woman in a mans body, or a man in a woman's body, you don't need any other reason to get a free peepshow in the locker room of your choice?

Is this basically the argument? Or is the new argument actually suggesting that society needs to adjust their views and realize that anyone con modify their gender on a mental standpoint only, since they can't actually morph and shape shift into the gender of their choice?

And everyone should be just fine with this delusional new reality?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'm confused by the part that says Planet Fitness is a hostile environment for women and CHILDREN...what children are hanging out at the Planet Fitness in the locker rooms?

That was my first reaction.

But, the "Family Values" crowd always use Protect the Children as one of their excuses.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What a waste of resources.

Listen, there's other gyms out there. Find one & stop clogging up the courts with worthless BS. Planet Fitness made it's policies pretty clear, like it or just walk.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We can fix this whole "bathroom thing" in one easy move.

Take off the terms "Man and Woman" from Bathrooms.

Replace with pictures of "penis and vagina".

Whatever the hell you "ACTUALLY HAVE THERE, you have you go to that bathroom, locker room, etc.

No wishing I had it, what do you have, that is where you go... problem solved.

edit on 24-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join