It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason
Ok, but you just don't send people whose specialization is in agriculture to be diplomats to NATO.
NATO is a military force with purpose to wage wars, not growing plants.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Nikola014

To be Frank, I think NATO controls NATO. Like all countries, the US has a say in what happens, but NATO ultimately governs itself.

Yes, NATO controls NATO, that's where the problem lies, where military freaks are running the show.
NATO should be controled by civilian agency, with more educated people, to ensure that they don't break Internation laws ever again.

The military has very educated people serving in it

Acutally I agree, an aducation in killing people, which among them were many civilians.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Our military acts under the orders of a civilian congress and a civilian president, all which are elected by the people.

Don't just put the blood on the hands of the military

edit on 24-3-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The purpose of NATO is about ensuring the security of its members. Waging war is only an outcome if its members are threatened. The fact that NATO exists is probably why Russia is restrained in acting irresponsibly to its other neighbours. That's speculation, but Russia has not attacked a NATO member, but has attacked and meddled in the affairs of non-NATO members.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ok, but you just don't send people whose specialization is in agriculture to be diplomats to NATO.

No, they send seasoned and respected Diplomats, as I said, not Farmers. These will be career Civil Servants who've done their time in Embassies and Consulates around the world.

As for NATO's purpose, it is collective defence and security.
edit on 24/3/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Nato isn't the one who launched a covert invasion of Ukraine, Russia did that on its own.

Why use NATO per se? why not just say Joe Biden and the CIA director, John Brennan and I suppose you could stick in John Kerry, all who have sampled a tasty Kiev, and most likely left a few bones behind...there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose

To be Frank, I think NATO controls NATO. Like all countries, the US has a say in what happens, but NATO ultimately governs itself.

Yes, NATO controls NATO, that's where the problem lies, where military freaks are running the show.
NATO should be controled by civilian agency, with more educated people, to ensure that they don't break Internation laws ever again.

The military has very educated people serving in it

Acutally I agree, an aducation in killing people, which among them were many civilians.

Actually, to be an officer, you need a University degree.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You don't get why Russia would want US nukes removed out of Europe? It's for the same reasons the US doesn't want Russian nukes in Cuba or South America.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Nato isn't the one who launched a covert invasion of Ukraine, Russia did that on its own.

Why use NATO per se? why not just say Joe Biden and the CIA director, John Brennan and I suppose you could stick in John Kerry, all who have sampled a tasty Kiev, and most likely left a few bones behind...there.

Do you even hear yourself? It's Russian soldiers in Ukraine right now and not Nato or US soldiers.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Xcathdra

You don't get why Russia would want US nukes removed out of Europe? It's for the same reasons the US doesn't want Russian nukes in Cuba or South America.

Russia has about 4 times as many tactical nukes as the US and deploys them in places such as Kalingrad (on the border with Germany). What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well that's really strange don't you think.. every country has their Department of Defence, so they are just defending themselves, no one is attacking as it seems, bomb falling from the skies out of nowhere.
Sometimes I'm thinking where Departments of Wars are hiding.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdraputin is just angry because his hair fell out,,, and rightly so.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well that's really strange don't you think.. every country has their Department of Defence, so they are just defending themselves, no one is attacking as it seems, bomb falling from the skies out of nowhere.
Sometimes I'm thinking where Departments of Wars are hiding.

Up until the end of WW2, I know the UK did actually have a War Office, which traditionally only controlled the Army - the other Services would have their own Minister.

It was only afterwards, with concerns of appearing "aggressive", were they renamed to Defence which also usually meant the 3 existing Ministries (In the UK anyway) were then bundled under the control of one Department - the MoD.

Either way, I'm confused as to what exactly you're trying to say.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Who is 'murica?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You know guys, it sure does sound like we are all going to be in a big war, worldwide. Both sides can deliver weapons to destroy every city on earth. But remember, Moscow or DC will not be hit. Just the rest of us.

Yeah, because it's immoral and unethical to kill devious, deceitful, corrupt and dishonest politicians, leaders and monarchs, who start the wars, but it's ok to kill innocent civilians who want nothing to do with this crap. ROFL. /end sarcasm

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

No, they send seasoned and respected Diplomats, as I said, not Farmers. These will be career Civil Servants who've done their time in Embassies and Consulates around the world.

The good old British Establishment?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

The UK is but one of 28 member nations, so moving along.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Still doesn't mean they don't want nuke so close to their home. Perhaps if everyone calmed down with the damn nukes and pulled them back the world would be a safer place, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I still am waiting on proof that the U.S. Orchestrated the coup in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And I'm sure Germany doesn't want nukes so close to them. The fact is, NATO has ensured that for 60 years, Russia has been unable to roll over the rest of Europe after they went back on promises made in WW2 when they gobbled up Eastern Europe.

Don't forget, Russia is the one acting belligerently here. It's not NATO flying bombers with their transponders off, or sending Subs into our waters (and almost sinking civilian shipping), or stirring up rebellions in their neighbours so they can slice of land (not just Ukraine)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join