It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow demands removal of U.S. nuclear missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I don't see the logic behind it.

If you are a western country and you know who's controlling the western world, both military and economic, do you really think that you would not want to join them? And do you really think you would have much of a choice? I still have a lot of friends actively participating in politics here in my country. Do you know where they go before making any big decision? To the US embassy. Anyone closely related to politics from a small country can confirm that it is happening almost on a daily basis.

And i have a feeling you don't think that it's the US who's controlling NATO. You don't have to bang your head against a wall to figure out who's controlling NATO.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

What point would that be?

To demonstrate just how dangerous Putin has become do to his continuing detachment from reality?

I suspect Putin is very much in touch with the harsh realities of the situation. He's probably also well aware of why the US set Ukraine up with a coup and civil war and the resultant geopolitical tensions..the West sees Ukraine, especially Eastern Ukraine, as a well placed location for conventional bases and launch platforms, and intimidatingly close strategic first strike nuclear launch location.

If there weren't so many people in the East determined for some reason, not to become a US launch site the missiles would already be set up and targets selected by now.

Knowing this is all eminently plausible if not absolutely factually correct, tell me..is Putin insane for recognising the hand of the US and what the endgame plan is for Ukraine, for seeing that missiles, including those with nuclear payloads, cited in 'Eurozone Ukraine' is going over the line and a threat too far ?

Would it be insane to be receptive to, and pre-empt and counter the possibility of missiles being moved in on one's doorstep?

I remember some decades ago, the US were willing and prepared to go to nuclear war over the USSR citing missiles on their doorstep in Cuba, and also demanded that all of the missiles, due to proximity they were first strike missiles no less, be removed or else..Russia knows the US want to station missiles close to Russian borders, and are as upset about it as the US was back in the 60's.

That's not insanity mate, that's a leaders prudence.

edit on 24-3-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Judging by what some 'Murican members here have been saying all along, I think you are mistaken. Those guys are actively advocating for a war with Russia, and do not even try to hide their desire.

Care to provide evidence to back that claim?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

To be Frank, I think NATO controls NATO. Like all countries, the US has a say in what happens, but NATO ultimately governs itself. Unless you have some hard evidence of the U.S. Control of NATO, in which case I'll retract my assertion.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The trouble here is that nobody has actually put Missiles in Eastern Ukraine.

Russian ACTUALLY PUT missiles in Cuba. It was then that the U.S. said "Wait hold on a minute I'm not okay with this."

Big difference there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

The trouble here is that nobody has actually put Missiles in Eastern Ukraine.

Russian ACTUALLY PUT missiles in Cuba. It was then that the U.S. said "Wait hold on a minute I'm not okay with this."

Big difference there.

Of course not.

Not yet.

They will though, of that you can be assured.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And i have a feeling you don't think that it's the US who's controlling NATO. You don't have to bang your head against a wall to figure out who's controlling NATO.

If the US is running NATO why is it that they are based in Brussels and not the US?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And to add, i don't think the USSR was particularly sensible or subtle back in the Cuban deal either.

Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when tensions are running as high as they have been of late.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

For something like that to happen, would require a chain of events that ultimately ends with Ukraine being in NATO, and having a permanent Military presence there. Which would probably take several years.

On top of that, I seriously doubt the U.S. wants to put any missiles within Ukraine's borders. Precisely BECAUSE they know what happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis and would not care to repeat that.

I understand Putin is paranoid about U.S. aggression, but a Ukraine free from his grasp doesn't spell his inevitable doom.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
...and the Cold War returns with the tactics being the same.

Lots of chest pounding towards the West, but intended for local consumption. They have to prepare their citizens for the austerity that rebuilding their military might will cause and give them a target for their hate other than their leaders.

Never let the right hand know what the left hand is doing.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That chain of events was started when the west started the civil war in Ukraine. Or, they didn't think it would lead to a civil war, they just wanted to overthrow legally elected pro-Russian president Yanuckovich. They didn't count for people living in the Eastern Ukraine to seize the moment and start a battle for their independency over Ukraine and they didn't expect for Russia to get involved and get Crimea.

Let's not fool ourself. This all could have been avoided only if Ukraine agreed to stay fully military neutral and not to have NATO bases in their country.

And i have a feeling you are underestimating the people that run the US.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I still am waiting on proof that the U.S. Orchestrated the coup in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I cannot give you one.

What i can tell you though is that every single civil war that has happened in any country in this modern era, was helped/influenced by the secret services. Now that's a public secret. I believe that's the term

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I still am waiting on proof that the U.S. Orchestrated the coup in Ukraine.

Get comfy you may be waiting for a while.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And most red-hot 'muricans that want all these wars around the world will not fight them or even send their children to fight them. Instead they'll fatten and eat large steaks whilst screaming 'republican' this 'democrat' that. People love, almost crave, being led by billionaires that don't give two #s about them.
And the disgusting part, is they're totally confident that they're smart.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

You mean like Putin, his 20+ billion dollar net wealth estimate and how he treats the Russian people?

Putin's latest decree was free health medication for the elite. This after the Russian medical system was old to start over buying medication and stockpiling it.

Putin is hell bent on restoring the Soviet Union and apparently has no qualms about starting WWIII to try and achieve it.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
That chain of events was started when the west started the civil war in Ukraine.

Clearly, you are running with the theory that if you keep repeating this like a stuck record, it will become true. Give Ukrainians the credit for rejecting autocracy and corruption in a Russian sphere. People are capable of rising up without being motivated by Uncle Sam.

To the OP. It's all distraction politics from Russia, designed for domestic consumption and to build the "we are the victims" mantra. Just in case people forget, Russia has acted belligerently by invading Crimea and worked to cause division in Ukraine. Last time I looked, the Europeans and the US were not cutting off slices out of Russia.

edit on 24/3/2015 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Red dawn would be the least of your worries.. reply to: EternalSolace

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Of course... however its one thing to keep the people distracted. Its something else entirely when it moves from distraction to preparing them for the worst based on lies.

I think Putin is planning on remaining in power and is looking to create an incident where he can become ruler for life. After al it worked for Hitler and Putin is very clearly using Hitler's playbook.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Let's not fool ourself. This all could have been avoided only if Ukraine agreed to stay fully military neutral and not to have NATO bases in their country.

All of this could have been avoided if the Ukraine had rejected efforts by both Russia and the US to scrap their nuclear arsenal after the Soviet Union broke up. They essentially sacrificed their autonomy for promises of security from the US and Russia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join