It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Really 'Big Fish Story' ... (one for the records?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

A fisherman told last night about the one that got away – a suspected Russian submarine which became entangled in his nets after it strayed inside British waters in the North Sea.

‘Had the submarine headed for deeper waters we might have sunk with it, but I don’t want to dwell on that.

Mr. Macleod, 46, added: “At the time we just went through what needed to be done to get out of that situation. We had to keep our propeller clear – that’s our main propulsion. But afterwards we sat down as a crew and we discussed what we’d seen. There is little doubt in our minds that this was caused by a submarine.”

“Between the five of us, we’ve had 110 years fishing experience, and none of us have ever seen anything like it. It was a really uncomfortable position to be in. Afterwards, we realised this was the closest we’d ever come to not coming home at all.
Russian Sub "Caught" By UK Fisherman

-
OBSERVATION:

Thankfully? and/or Luckily? ... This 'BIG One' Got Away!

( and ... yes, 'one for the records' )

edit on 24-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wow - if this is true then it could hold big implications.

Russia has been flexing its muscles for a while now. It would not surprise me if they were venturing into foreign waters.

Who knows - maybe all of the issues going on in the middle east and Israel is just to distract us from the real threat of growing Russian forces.

edit on 24-3-2015 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wonder what the Captain of the sub thought?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Isn't there a thread on this already?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Love how fingers are being pointed at the Russian fleet!

for all we know this sub (if it was a sub) could just as easily have been one of our own ( uk )
subs or anyone else that operates a submersible for that matter they dont exactly advertise their
locations now do they.

and with the joint exercises ongoing it could be from any NATO navy i doubt we will find out any time soon
either.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
he's gonna need a bigger boat!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
Love how fingers are being pointed at the Russian fleet!

for all we know this sub (if it was a sub) could just as easily have been one of our own ( uk )
subs or anyone else that operates a submersible for that matter they dont exactly advertise their
locations now do they.

and with the joint exercises ongoing it could be from any NATO navy i doubt we will find out any time soon either.

Yep, it's gonna be difficult to know ...

Just How Really 'Big' Is This ... 'Fish Story' ???

edit on 24-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
he's gonna need a bigger boat!

Wanna bet the Russians use this boat for target practice?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle
Wow - if this is true then it could hold big implications.

Russia has been flexing its muscles for a while now. It would not surprise me if they were venturing into foreign waters.

Who knows - maybe all of the issues going on in the middle east and Israel is just to distract us from the real threat of growing Russian forces.

The following is from a post I wrote last November when the Russian sub was discovered in Sweden.

Suppose a nation, any nation. In this case we will use Russia, because they have been caught messing around in the strangest places of late, were to pre position weapons. As a prelude to first strike it would certainly give them the advantage. The weapons would not have to be large nuclear warheads. During the first Gulf War, I remember reading about a US weapon called a "flash light". I think it was a small device configured for maximum Electro Magnetic Pulse.
To pre position EMP weapons would be a stroke of genius. In space, near the coast, possibly inside of a harbor. If detonated all at once and in enough places, NATO could be in compete disarray.
Under water weapons couldn't be signaled by radio. But a coordinated signal could be sent using satellite radio and ELF transmission.
Am just paranoid? I hope so.

In November everyone thought I was nuts, in retrospect well, you never know.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I'm with you on this. Exactly what went through my head when the Russian sub was in the Gulf Of Mexico is when it actually hit me with this same idea.
Why else go there?

top topics

join