It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4 Levels Of Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Oh definitely, they are capable of love, I don't dispute that, but can they ask the question Why?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Should "super" conscious be in that list?

a reply to: BlueMule

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Welll...No... But that's only because they don't speak English well?

Maybe animals are omniscient, knowing all possible outcomes of all possible scenarios, at all times so they don't have to ask why?

probably not...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You obviously don't know that our real master is the unconscious.
The term "subconscious" has been frowned on for decades an an improper way of addressing the unconscious or lower consciousness that drives most of our mental activity.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Hahaha, well you never know..

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't dispute that the subconscious is a very powerful thing, as to being the true master..I disagree, it only controls us if we don't work on controlling it.

A man that can control his subconscious... well, then we're heading into esotericism...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

After a long many years curious of some of the same questions, and particularly animals. As well as performing my own experiments.

I have come to the beginning of an understanding that most animals have the same degrees of consciousness ruled by similar degrees of intelligence, but of course relative to what there shape is and what they subsist on. Ie) function.

Every race present in this time was forged under the same circumstances as we were, for what millions of years of years or so. And survived.

I find if fascinating how some animals have chosen to domesticate themselves as well.

Cool topic!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You use words like "higher" "full" "elite".

Sometimes I wonder if our state of consciousness is actually inferior to that of an other animal. I mean I think its debateable wheather if when we gained this new level of consciousness it was a step forward. My cat probably has a happier life than I do, not thinking of all these questions and searching for answers trying to come to conclusions, he just is.

Who are we to say which end of this scale we are on, look at all the dillemas this ability to ask why has given us, think of all the means it has given us to fufill humanitys mark on the planet. Was it worth it? Or would we have been better to stay where we where (assuming we haven't always been like this), where all of this would just be inconceivable to us?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why do you base levels of consciousness based on questions such as what, when, or why?

Being able to ask a question doesn't mean you can understand the answer. Try telling a caveman (or even some people today) why atoms exist or an animal "what" an atom is - they wouldn't understand.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

No an animal wouldn't understand you're right, that's my point.

And why wouldn't a cave man understand? Teach him English and then he'll be as inquisitive as the next man.

There are questions out there that I'm sure neither you or me could comprehend, but we can still ponder over the question.

For instance, if you believe in God, 'why did God create us?' we can ask this question we'll never know the answer but we have the ability to at least ask the question and that gives you insight to our state of awareness, which is consciousness.

that's all consciousness is, it's awareness of the self and the world. If you can ask questions to differing degrees, then you can grow in intellect and knowledge and build a civilisation such as humanity has done.

Just because basing consciousness on a few questions sounds simple, doesn't make it so.

edit on 24-3-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUsersName

Don't get me wrong I know my cat is happier than I am.

I'm not saying having higher consciousness makes us elite. in fact as you say it it's a bit of a blessing and a curse at the same time.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I believe consciousness is the ability to ask questions, or what I like to refer to as the 4W's.

WHAT is being conscious? That is the deeper question.

But the reason Humanity sits at the top of the consciousness scale, is the ability to ask the question, Why?

Philosophy.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The normal state of consciousness comprises either the state of wakefulness, awareness, or alertness in which most human beings function while not asleep or one of the recognized stages of normal sleep from which the person can be readily awakened.

Our levels of consciousness from the lowest to the highest are:

– Guilty of past doings

– Shame: Inability to let go past actions and experience humiliation

– Apathy: Feeling of absolute hopelessness

– Grief: Experience of loss/tragedy

– Fear: Paranoia/insecurity about the future

– Desire: Greed and lust

– Anger: Frustration of an individual at not having things going their way

– Pride or ego at being unable to let go

– Courage: Look at the future with optimism

– Complacence: Experience of comfort and calm neutrality

– Ambitious and driven to achieve goals

– Equanimity to change undesirable situations in a relationship

– Reason dominated by logic and ability to fix problems

– Love and compassion for humanity

– Happiness defined by intuition

– Peace

– Enlightenment: the supreme level of human consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join