It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza, an open air prison.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

For that info you have Fox news, just divide by the appropriate exageration factor to get the exact number.

edit on 24-3-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For those who didn't watch the videos there is a segment in the second video about former Israeli soldiers speaking up about what is going on.

There is a website they talk about which those former soldiers share stories of their experiences which I have been reading through for the past hour. I hope no one tries to label it as propaganda because I certainly do not see it as such. I think for those interested it is worth looking through.

Breaking the Silence

I am not anti-Israel nor am I anti-Palestine nor am I pro-Israel or Palestine. I am pro-truth and anti BS. I can understand both sides some things are justified while some are not. The situation needs to improve and the current policies in place I am certain will only make things worse.

I ask people to challenge themselves and listen and learn about both sides.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
There seems to be unecessary confusion on this thread, besieging a city is a war crime and a breach of human rights in accordance with the Geneva Convention, end of argument

Well then ,I guess considering Israel is surrounded by muslim countries and Palestine Lobs rockets into Israel they could be considered under siege as well......

You cant have it both ways

Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word ''siege''.

clearly youre applying a double standard based on your bias

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: infolurker

Side with whoever you like... but don't lie and claim they're a terrorist organisation when they recently came off the list for good reason.

Oh, I am not lying. They may be off someones "List" but they are a terrorist group and anyone with half a brain knows it.

The EU will be putting them back on soon, oh, I guess they already did until the Court of Justice ruling.

EU appeals removal of Hamas from terror list
www.aljazeera.com...

The European Union will appeal an EU court decision ordering the removal of the Palestinian group Hamas from the EU terrorism blacklist, foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said. Mogherini said foreign ministers from the 28 member states decided at a meeting on Monday to appeal the decision taken by the General Court of the European Union on December 17.

www.reuters.com...

EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini noted in a statement that the General Court made its ruling on procedural grounds. As a result of the appeal, Hamas will remain on the EU's terrorism list and its assets will remain frozen pending a judgment by the Court of Justice, the highest legal authority.

So,...... yeah.... They are still considered a terrorist organization even by the EU, as they should be.

usa.chinadaily.com.cn...
edit on 24-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Some interesting replies but one thing is for sure, I for one will not take anyone seriously who lays the blame squarley at Israels feet when Arab countries like Egypt apply the same restrictions on Gazan's as Israel does !!. I hear heaps about Israels wall they are building but nothing about the trench the Egyptians are building on there side which they will flood and create a mote.

Until I start hearing the moaning and groaning about Egypt's treatment of the Palestinians like we do all the time about Israel then these posters will be seen for what they are.

I predict that in 2 years or less, Hamas will again provoke Israel to defend itself and another war will (which the Palestinians need) with the same number of civilian casualties including children. Pappaprazzi will be strategically placed at the hospital entrances to get the best photo's (only civilians of course as fighters don't matter).

lets face it, these wars are designed for propaganda purposes to keep a focus on the Palestinians plight as a besieged people. If nothing was happening and no one was dying it wouldn't be important and no one on ATS would be talking about it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Details also the livelihood of Gaza citizen’s, without any fun parks,

Well, they had one but the Hamas terrorists closed it and burnt it down,,,,

no zoo’s,

en.wikipedia.org...

The Gaza Zoo is a leisure complex, series of public gardens, children's amusement park and zoo created by the government of Gaza in the spring of 2010 on government property that was formerly a garbage dump

no sport infrastructures,

en.wikipedia.org...
Well, if the Hamas terrorists did not use it to attack Israel from....

Palestine Stadium (Arabic: ملعب فلسطين‎) is located in Gaza City on the Gaza Strip. It is the national stadium and the home of Palestine national football team. The stadium's capacity is around 10,000. It was bombed by Israel on April 1, 2006, directly on the centre spot, and is currently unusable due to the crater formed. FIFA has announced that it will fund the repair work.[1][2] It was again bombed on November 19, 2012, by the Israeli Defence Force as part of Operation Pillar of Cloud. Israel claimed that the latest bombing was due to its use by militants to launch rockets targeting Israel.[3]

crippled water, sewage and electrical system.

Well,if the Hamas terrorists repaired them instead of smuggling weapons, rockets and explosives etc....

Unemployment at 50% rate

Well, if they got jobs instead of joining Hamas and playing terrorist....,

poor medical facilities,

Again, blame Hamas terrorists for hiding in hospitals and using them to fire rockets at Israel....

no housing, scarce medication and food … a vast list of sufferings,

All due to Hamas and its actions!

If Hamas actually wanted to help Gaza it would stop attacking Israel, stop smuggling and start rebuilding Gaza. But the Hamas terrorists prefer to keep the citizens of Gaza downtrodden and constantly suck the gullible in by playing the victim.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

They may be off someones "List" but they are a terrorist group and anyone with half a brain knows it.

Yes a terrorist group that is defending what is left of their homeland from a hostile invader. Some peoples idea of what is a terrorist is seriously screwed up.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

They may be off someones "List" but they are a terrorist group and anyone with half a brain knows it.

Yes a terrorist group that is defending what is left of their homeland from a hostile invader. Some peoples idea of what is a terrorist is seriously screwed up.

A terrorist organization which kills it's own people who are critical of them, uses their population as human shields, and murders its Palestinian political opponents.

Yes, this person's idea of a terrorist is right on the money.

While you have a sec, watch some Jihad Sesame Street and let us know what you think.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

If Hamas actually wanted to help Gaza it would stop attacking Israel

That's just it they did stop attacking and what happened? Israel sent the Mossad in to attack from Gaza giving them an excuse to attack.

stop smuggling and start rebuilding Gaza.

Israel has these people on a fixed calorie diet these people are smuggling in food. And stops most materials needed to rebuild Gaza.

But the Hamas terrorists prefer to keep the citizens of Gaza downtrodden and constantly suck the gullible in by playing the victim.

The hostile nation that turned Gaza into a prison is the ones keeping people downtrodden. People that support Israel would have supported Hitler and the way he treated the Jews.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: voyger2

I've often wondered why, with a population of only 2Million, Obama didn't just grant them refugee status and visa's to immigrate to the US.

Better yet, why haven't the Arab states helped their Muslim brothers.... because they hate them!
www.gatestoneinstitute.org...
www.freerepublic.com...

Remember this? "'Next To Jews, We Hate Palestinians The Most' - King Fahd"

Seems like the perfect solution to an ongoing humanitarian crisis.

Why ship them halfway around the world, much better to settle them in other Arab countries, with the same customs, religion and language.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

A terrorist organization which kills it's own people who are critical of them, uses their population as human shields, and murders its Palestinian political opponents.

Sorry but according to all the news reporters that was there not once was there any evidence of Hamas using human shields. Want to guess which terrorist group they have evidence of using human shields? The IDF. After an attack on Gaza the IDF would run straight for the farming communities to hide among the civilians.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The EU, Russia, Turkey, UK, and China don't have Hamas listed as a terrorist organization. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Jordan, US, Egypt, and (kind of) Saudi Arabia have Hamas listed as a terrorist organization.

Technically, infoluker isn't lying.

Fair point.

Apologies infolurker!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Actually I'd suggest that anyone with half a brain would not designate someone a terror org on the basis of their enemies testimony and Internet hearsay!

Which is exactly why the EU removed Hamas off the terror list...
& why a majority of powerful nations refused to put them on in the first place.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That's just it they did stop attacking and what happened? Israel sent the Mossad in to attack from Gaza giving them an excuse to attack.

Typical Hamas terrorist propaganda that the Jew haters fall for... I suppose Mossad also built the the tunnels used to attack Israel....

Israel has these people on a fixed calorie diet these people are smuggling in food. And stops most materials needed to rebuild Gaza.

That was during the blockade, also the people of Gaza could always grow their own, instead of building tunnels to attack Israel....

The hostile nation that turned Gaza into a prison is the ones keeping people downtrodden.

Like Egypt, which also has a border with Gaza...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sorry but according to all the news reporters that was there not once was there any evidence of Hamas using human shields.

Except hamas admitted they used them....
www.dailymail.co.uk... ake.html

On July 15, William Booth reported for The Washington Post: At the Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, crowds gathered to throw shoes and eggs at the Palestinian Authority’s health minister, who represents the crumbling “unity government” in the West Bank city of Ramallah. The minister was turned away before he reached the hospital, which has become a de facto headquarters for Hamas leaders, who can be seen in the hallways and offices.

Which shows how much Hamas care about civilians!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Speaking of human shields this is part of a statement from an IDF soldier.

Apparently, that captain had gone to Takua, which is a pretty hostile village—they were throwing stones at the jeep. So he just stopped a Palestinian guy who was passing, forty-something years old, and tied him to the hood of the jeep, a guy just lying on the hood, and they drove into the village. No one threw any more rocks. A human shield. Yes. But not just a human shield—first of all, a human shield is bad enough—this was a moving human shield. Tied to the hood of the jeep and they drove with him tied there. Drove with him through the village, it’s horrific. Breaking the Silence

I don't see any clear-cut good guys in that conflict.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Sorry but according to all the news reporters that was there not once was there any evidence of Hamas using human shields.

I have personally seen a hamas soldier using an 8 year old child as a human shield. it was blatant... i saw it with my own eyes.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually I'd suggest that anyone with half a brain would not designate someone a terror org on the basis of their enemies testimony and Internet hearsay!

And designating Gaza and 'open air prison' based on internet hearsay and enemy testimony is different... how?

I think you and the rest of the people on this thread should take your good advice and actually visit the place before making harsh and inaccurate judgements.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Visit Gaza?

How do you propose I get in without breaking border regulations with Egypt & Israel?

At the moment I don't think anyone is allowed in except those with journalistic passes!

& BTW...
UN testimony of collective punishment and infrastructure targetting will tell you Gaza is an open air prison...
As well as 70+ international law breaches...

I don't need to hear that from Gazans, the whole world knows it!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Can people not accept a difference of opinion about Israeli atrocities without calling people Jew Haters???

Disgusting propagandists!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join