It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "The Matrix" concept is our true reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein
I know how that sounds but at least I have some ancient texts to back up my idea and not a movie.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The only "Architect" that should be feared and respected is the one that made this Earth and our flesh, The Sun.

It gave life and one day will take it all away, and will be the actual Judge of humanity casting it shadow one day...That is if we can ever fly of the earth with ease when it cast it judgement several million year down the road from now.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale
Your right is not a definitive answer but at least is a more interesting topic to elaborate. IMO

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Proof, I don't see any incontrovertible facts or really even circumstantial or conditional logic based on "reality." A thought experiment, do you know what that actually is? It isn't watching a movie, taking someone else's idea and trying to make it your own. I realize movies are like bad versions of books, but that still doesn't fly.

I was going to write a long blurb, but decided against it, because I did my own little thought experiment to determine the value of writing everything out against just posting a link. You get the link LOL

Stanford - Thought Experiment

Cheers

Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Goodness gracious! How many more times do we have to see another person so disillusioned with life in general that they feel the need to liken reality to another ficticious movie trilogy? Life is not science fiction created by the Wachowski brothers. Bad stuff happens, good stuff happens- it's just life!

The idea has been around long before the movies which simply help us who are not in on the science picture it in a small way. it would make sense of a lot that makes no sense in our present understanding.

www.faculty.umb.edu...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

the obvious question raised by your link :

explain the origins of the sim-builders

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the obvious question raised by your link :

explain the origins of the sim-builders

I would suppose we would not be able to contact or explain if you think of it like the game The Sims any way, of course we could go with Tron and then who knows!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The matrix is the control systems that we consent to controlling our lives. Government,banks etc these only exist because w e allow them to. In the bible they are referred to false authorities. The matrix originated from a book called the "third eye". Nothing grand about it. The universe is computer code so the movies might be on to something.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

While the page states that it is hard, if not impossible, to disprove the "Matrix" theory I would say that there is absolutely no proof or evidence whatsoever that the Matrix theory has any sort of plausibility at all. Just because some people with creative minds think something up doesn't make it true in any way. While some theories (such as the theory of evolution) have some physical evidence to give credence to the idea the matrix theory has absolutely nada.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
The only "Architect" that should be feared and respected is the one that made this Earth and our flesh, The Sun.

It gave life and one day will take it all away, and will be the actual Judge of humanity casting it shadow one day...That is if we can ever fly of the earth with ease when it cast it judgement several million year down the road from now.

Why did everyone attack the OP but not this guy? He sounds more rediculious quoting a fictional book that's held humanity back for centuries than a fictional movie...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join