It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "The Matrix" concept is our true reality?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Let's start with a thought experiment. Let's assume "The Matrix" (the film series) is a portrayal of our true reality. Let's further assume that we actually live inside of it and that it is facing a situation that could essentially end its existence.

Would "the matrix" choose to tell its "batteries" (the humans that give it the energy it needs to function) that it is in a dire situation that could end its existence?

Actually, we don't need to speculate about that. The answer was given to us by "The Architect" in the third film:

The Architect: The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the Prime Program. After which you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.
Neo: You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive.
The Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world. - from The Matrix Reloaded (2003)

We can clearly see that "the matrix" WOULD NOT inform anyone "connected to the Matrix" about its dire situation.

The sentence above is the foundation for my theory that "The Matrix" concept is our true reality.

Here's why...

The Fukushima Daiichi disaster is going to bring an end to "the matrix" system, worldwide, sooner or later. Here's an outline of how it will happen:

www.youtube.com...

How is "the matrix" system dealing with this? In the case of Japan, it's criminalized most hard news reporting about the disaster and its effects. In the rest of the world, the disaster and its effects are being trivialized to make people believe it's all no problem. The "safe level" of radiation is being raised to absurd levels, worldwide, in order make people believe that things are alright but it's a total fairy tale.

In other words, the current world system is acting in the exact same way that "the matrix" system from the films acted.

This is enough to convince me that "The Matrix" concept is our true reality.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

This is enough to convince me that "The Matrix" concept is our true reality.

WOW....STOP USING THE WORD PROOF, especially when there is NONE!!

You have fun in your "matrix reality"....Are you aware that this isn't the movies? Did you take the pill before being born? How does someone NOT have the opportunity to "opt out" of the "matrix reality"? Because in the movie, you had a choice, none of us took a blue or red pill as far as I can remember....Not to mention while in your "matrix reality" you should be able to upload data to your fake body to break the laws of physics...Are you able to jump across 5 buildings or learn kung fu in seconds? Didn't think so...
edit on 3/24/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Wheres the proof?

The math?

What equations shows the proof?

You have speculations and assumptions and a quote that says its from the second not third matrix movie.

I don't see any maths or equations proving anything your title claims.

But a conclusions that you are convinced.

I too am just about convinced we live in a holographic type of reality basically like the matrix however I tend to believe that the programmers our ourselves from a time outside time as we know it in this matrix.

Enjoy your fear of the end if that is how you feel, or simply experience the moment no matter what it brings.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's a mystical metaphor.

To step outside the matrix is to go beyond the levels of consciousness that we all experience all the time. It is go beyond the waking state, beyond the dreaming state, and beyond the state of deep dreamless sleep.

Do you know what is beyond those everyday states of being? Not robots. Not a computer. Not a city of biological people.

👣

edit on 668Tuesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
It's a mystical metaphor.

To step outside the matrix is to go beyond the levels of consciousness that we all experience all the time. It is go beyond the waking state, beyond the dreaming state, and beyond the state of deep dreamless sleep.

Do you know what is beyond those states? Not robots. Not a computer. Not a city of biological people.

👣

Thanks BlueMule....That response was as clear as mud....If you are trying to back up the OP, I am even more confused now...Thanks for that!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.

1) Assumption that Fukushima will somehow end humanity.

2) Assumption that the media/governments will cover up all information regarding Assumption 1

3) Because of this, we live in the matrix.

That's quite a stretch to arrive at this. Even Stretch Armstrong would be impressed.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

.Are you able to jump across 5 buildings or learn kung fu in seconds?

Yes,

The Buildings for ants from the movie Zoolander

and in 5 seconds one can be an expert like these guys

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Goodness gracious! How many more times do we have to see another person so disillusioned with life in general that they feel the need to liken reality to another ficticious movie trilogy? Life is not science fiction created by the Wachowski brothers. Bad stuff happens, good stuff happens- it's just life!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Thanks BlueMule....That response was as clear as mud....If you are trying to back up the OP, I am even more confused now...Thanks for that!

Yeah but didn't you see the movie? Morpheus speaks in riddles aimed at the pre-initiation Mr Anderson.

👣

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Edit, decided to stay out of it.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

it's just life!

Or as some say,

Its the matrix or a concept that is similar to what the philosophical message the movie tries to portray which is as old as religion and the written word.

Life is not science fiction created by the Wachowski brothers.

Not sure said it is or thinks it is,

some aren't so well at expressing themselves and might sound like they believe in movies, instead of similar concepts that the movies want people that watch them to think about.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Yeah but didn't you see the movie? Morpheus speaks in riddles aimed at the pre-initiation Mr Anderson.

👣

And what in the effing hell does this have to do with your initial reply? Yes I know the movies well, I understand how Morpheus is...But this has nothing to do with your initial reply...Nevermind, it really doesn't matter, the entire OP and the "logic" behind it is absolutely flawed...ZERO "proof" and the people that believe this nonsense are delusional, IMHO of course!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Please read this thread for a more logical and philosophical answer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

You couldn't have typed that in here? Listen, I agree this is absurd but come on man....

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Edit, decided to stay out of it.

Because proof is a mathematical term, that's all I was trying to say.

So if there is proof there should be numbers and some equation where those number could be input and the result would always be the same, it would then be proof of a concept.

where is any of you peoples "proof" that you exist?

there is evidence I do, however that evidence doesn't point to who or what I am, just that you are interacting with me, that is all the evidence I have of you as well, just words that a responded to, showing some sort of awareness.

Is it not possible to use the word "proof" in an opinion even though there is no proof available??

I believe anything and everything is possible, how probable things are to happen are another story.

Please, give him a break,

OK, here have a Kit Kat

edit on 24-3-2015 by InhaleExhale because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

answer?

No.

It might be more logical speculation because its your speculation so obviously it will be more logical to yourself.

However it all points to the same thing on the most basic or conceptual levels,

being aware of ourselves and having questions about existence leads to beliefs, some form them with evidence they find through personal experience others form them because they have been manipulated into having beliefs which again is a personal experience even though the one experiencing such beliefs doesn't know they have been manipulated.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

And what in the effing hell does this have to do with your initial reply? Yes I know the movies well, I understand how Morpheus is...But this has nothing to do with your initial reply...Nevermind, it really doesn't matter, the entire OP and the "logic" behind it is absolutely flawed...ZERO "proof" and the people that believe this nonsense are delusional, IMHO of course!

I guess what I'm saying is, if you were a Thomas Anderson I probably wouldn't have to explain my initial reply. And if you're not, then I probably shouldn't.

👣

edit on 696Tuesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The Matrix is allegorical. It is a brilliant allegory and deserves to be up there with "1984" , "A Brave New World", "Fahrenheit 451", "Animal Farm" etc.

It is not literal. Please learn about allegory and it's important place in the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

if we are " in the matrix " then fukishima is too

ergo - niether we or fukishima actually exist

therefore - fukishima is no actual danger

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join