It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Invading Mexico Solve All USAs Immigration Problems?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: alldaylong

I think that's the problem.

These warhawks WANTED more atrocities.

There idea of being free of " Rules Of Engagement " is to be able to firebomb, massacre and rape everything in sight.

Cause thats what the "good guys" do USA USA USA! RAR RAR RAR Freedumb!

That was also the Roman model, so not sure we should be surprised as so many on here have said America has based itself on that.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

We were only allowed to bomb to a certain point, keep in mind once the leash was removed our bombing brought them to the table to talk quickly.

Our military was severely handicapped by politicians, that is an indisputable fact.( bombers only allowed to fly at certain altitudes and speed)

Because north Vietnam won the pr war long before the end of the war. Add in weak political leadership, that insisted on interfering in the war.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We were only allowed to bomb to a certain point

Over the border in Cambodia and Laos, the estimated deaths from U.S. bombing was estimated up to 150,000. The true number will never be known.

Not a small number for " Restrictive Bombing " by any sense of the imagination.

brought them to the table to talk quickly.

The end result of the war was a North Vietnamese victory.

edit on 25-3-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Over the border in Cambodia and Laos, the estimated deaths from U.S. bombing was estimated up to 150,000. The true number will never be known.

The death toll of people the North didnt like after though justified the fighting but after the pullout it was too late to do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Much respect
As an American I can say that I'm against invasion and I believe the average American feels the same way too. No Country or nation can maintain their supremacy and I don't care how vast and mighty your military is. History has shown us that empires rise and fall and America is certainly no exception.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sure some people lost it and broke the rules. War is hell as they say. But I never lost any respect for the fighting abilities and the fighting spirit of the Vietnamese. I never said that anything like that. They do have my respect. But you can't really demy that it was not all out total war. If it was, the results would have been much different I think. Not that I would ever want that. It would amount to near genocide. But facts are facts and that's all I was trying to establish were facts. Atrocities occur in every war I think.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I have anger about the Vietnam war almost as much as anyone else, ok? My girlfriends family moved here from Cambodia in 75 before she was born, so I understand about Kissinger and his incursions. I would kill the man with my own bare hands were I given the opportunity and could get away with it. Like I said though I was just trying to establish facts. Our military is superior and ic we wanted to and were not afraid of international opinion, we could have killed every last human being in southeast asia. Thats a fact. Its not a pretty fact or a fact I am proud of, but it's a fact. By the way my sources say 600k deaths in Cambodia alone. Nearly half the nation was reduced to rubble. They were effectively bombed back to the stone age. Not that they had advanced much further than the stone age. They were a primitive people by our standards. Which makes the atrocity even worse.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I know im about a month late but figured id put my thought into this... First off I highly doubt invading Mexico would work because first offyou have nothing but Latin American countries south of us, many of which aren't too fond of US, im sure some countries wouldn't mind having a stab at the US. And yes I know the US wipe them all out no doubt, but many of those countries have strong ties with other European countries opening our doors here in the US for a greater war, on our own land..

P.s. Taking over Mexico would be a dick move remember Mexico didnt take the Germans offer.

Born and raised in Southern GA!
edit on 27-6-2015 by DrunkMexican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I get into arguments ALL the time with people who CAN'T honor America's enemies.
NOT the governments or systems that forment such actions or terrorism,but the wariiors people who get out there and FIGHT ,who give all for their beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join