It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus A320 crash in Southern France

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If there was engine trouble starting at cruise altitude there should have been plenty of time for a mayday. An explosive event in the engine or airframe failure resulting in a loss of a wing, does not make sense in the flight decent stats already shown.

Purely conjecture, but an explosive decompression, as long as it was not in the cockpit area, the pilots would have about 30 seconds to dawn oxygen. If successful, then a mayday should have been the second thing they would do.

An explosion in or around the baggage compartment may also damage communications/electrical. I hope we don't have to go there.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Latest live updates from the Guardian. Looks like at this initial stage, investigators suggest it was not an on board explosion scenario but a controlled descent due to perhaps pilot confusion or loss of control, possibly in thick cloud.

www.theguardian.com...

Summary

French authorities have said 150 people have died after Germanwings flight 4U9525 from Barcelona to Düsseldorf crashed in the French Alps
There were 144 passengers, including two babies and 16 German schoolchildren, and six crew on board. It is believed that there were 67 Germans and 45 Spanish on board.

An unexplained descent lasting eight minutes began about 45 minutes into the flight. The plane dropped from its cruising altitude of 38,000ft to 6,000ft. Contact was lost at 10.53am, when the plane was at 6,000ft.

The French aviation regulator has said no distress call was issued although there has been some confusion with others saying it was.

The first image from the crash site shows countless pieces of debris strewn over a wide area. A regional official told CNN the largest piece was the size of a small car.

The location of the crash makes access difficult and conditions are expected to deteriorate over the next 12 hours as a storm system moves into the region, producing rain and high-elevation snow.
The plane’s black box has been found, the French interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, said. He said it would help the investigation proceed more quickly.

The Guardian’s transport correspondent, Gwyn Topham, has been talking to experts about what might have caused the crash.

The airline said it could not give any reason why the plane crashed and added that it was too early to speculate on possible causes. The unverified flight data from plane tracking websites however appeared to rule out a large-scale explosion, with the plane apparently flying on relatively intact, or a midair stall, which would cause a much faster descent. Experts said planes would also be able to glide for longer in the case of total engine failure.

David Gleave, an air accident investigator and aviation expert at Loughborough University, said that based on the unverified data from plane tracking websites, “The descent appears to be consistent about 3000 ft a minute - not fast enough to be an explosive decompression, but it’s too fast if you were gliding. It appears to be a controlled descent.”

Tony Cable, who was the senior investigator into the Concorde crash, the last major air disaster on French soil in 2000, said that if there was no distress call made by pilots during the descent, likely starting points for investigation would be either a loss of control or pilot confusion, or a combination of both. One cause might be what investigators term a CFIT or controlled flight into terrain, where loss of instruments or irregular readings can make pilots lose their bearings and only become aware of danger too late if there is no visual reference - possible in the case of descending through thick cloud.

edit on 24-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What a terrible tragedy for the people involved, There is something fishy going on IMO, There has been a huge leap in the amount of bizarre unexplained aviation accidents involving large civilian airplanes that are usually carrying 150 + people on board.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looks like a control surface failure. Maybe the elevators/ailerons jammed or something.
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Possibly.

Though the loud explosive sounds could suggest something, I guess it depends when they were heard, pre descent or during descent etc.

At least the black box is found so it should be easily determined.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

The total for the year was 21 fatal accidents, with 990 fatalities. It was expected that there were 33,000,000 flights. That puts it at 1 accident every 4,125,000 flights. If you remove MH17, which wasn't an accident, it was 20 accidents, and 692 fatalities.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
From the crash site:

What we know so far.

The airframe had 58,300 hours on it, and is the 28th loss of an A320. The last fatal accident involving Lufthansa was a runway overrun in 1993 where two people died.

RIP to those who died in this awful event.

Looking at the images of the debris-it looks like most of the pieces are tiny,with only a few larger parts visible.
As the debris field is only over an area of 100 meters,we can assume the plane held together until impact-or the debris would cover a much bigger area.

My question is-why are there so many tiny parts,when in most other air crashes where the plane impacted the ground,there are usually much larger chunks of plane?

Does anyone have an idea?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

They hit at a flatter angle. This aircraft basically hit like a car driving into a wall. That tends to leave small pieces of aircraft left, not larger pieces that you're used to seeing.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That makes more sense,thanks Zaphod.
I just hope those on board were unconscious so they didn't have to go through the terror of that final dive.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi all. I'm new here. The following is just my opinion, i can't prove any of it.
I think that this plane was remotely highjacked and crashed intentionally. Why?
Retaliation against Germany (and maybe France as well) for joining the BRICS alliance.
Another possible reason is the meeting between Merkel, Hollande and Putin regarding the Ukraine "situation" and they did so without consulting the US.

edit on 24-3-2015 by jf1961 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jf1961

Except there isn't a way to remotely hijack a plane without modifying it to the point that the ground crew and pilots would notice.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It happened to Malaysia Flight MH370, and yes, "they" have the means to do it, technologies that is not detectable to ground or flight crews...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No, they really don't. The only way that has been brought up is the Boeing autopilot, which requires modifications to the aircraft such as a new power supply.

I supposed you have something besides your word to prove it, right?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Reports that it was delayed 30 mins before flight and the most recent maintenance check was yesterday.

www.theguardian.com...

The spokeswoman says that Lufthansa is investigating whether it can bring relatives to the crash site. The logistics of such an operation would be difficult – it has been hard even to get investigators to the scene this afternoon. If it can be done, it will be done, the spokeswoman says.

She is asked about why the plane left late from Barcelona, but is unable to say why there was a delay of nearly 30 minutes.

The spokeswoman is unable to shed any light on the conflicting information of whether a mayday call was made by the crew, or whether any other emergency signal was launched.

The last maintenance check of the plane was yesterday in Dusseldorf, she says.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Does intuition count? i can't prove that either...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No. Sorry, but intuition doesn't get you far. If there was such a system there would be proof of it somewhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just know they can but cannot prove it... but i totally respect your point of view

edit on 24-3-2015 by jf1961 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to: jf1961
Ok so the Germans have taken a look at brics but not France or Spain, plane crashed in France with mainly Spanish and Germans on board so your "intuition" is well off in my personal opinion.
edit on 24/3/2015 by kuhl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jf1961
I just know they can but cannot prove it...

Then maybe you can outline the process.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
By remotely spoofing the onboard computer system. That enables the "attacker" to take control of everything in the cockpit. For this however, you need to be close and invisible to radar (stealth mode).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join