It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus A320 crash in Southern France

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Apparently 16 kids and 2 babies on board! Very sad.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It makes me so mad that the poor families of the passengers and crew have to listen to this pure speculation by the press. Aviation might as well have been PFM (pure f'king magic) with the reporting from the press.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I have an issue with this. When the Germanwings exec gave his presser, he said "144 passengers, including 2 babies"

WTF!? Why is that info about babies necessary in that moment? How is it pertinent to the crash, etc?

It's meant simply to stir emotions.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The aircraft was MSN147, D-AIPX. It had completed 46,700 flights. No maintenance schedule has been released yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Distress call/no distress call - which is it?

We still don't know.

First they said that a distress call was issued, then they said that it wasn't and this was an emergency declared by the ground when contact couldn't be made, now they're saying that it hasn't been established whether a distress call was made.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

We still don't know.

First they said that a distress call was issued, then they said that it wasn't and this was an emergency declared by the ground when contact couldn't be made, now they're saying that it hasn't been established whether a distress call was made.

That's the media for you, yet the officials usually get the blame and/or people think every media speculative comment is somehow authorative. This is how conspiracies start like with some 9/11 stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Can someone confirm or deny that french airforce had been ciculating the area prior the even

6000h behind on that plane so not that old in my books , tragic loss non the less

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just wondering if this is of any help determining if a distress call was made?

I see no change in the squawk from departure.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zerbot565

I haven't seen a single report that they were anywhere near the aircraft.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

That will tell us if the transponder was used to signal they had a problem. Sometimes it isn't, because the crew is more worried about working the problem than they are about letting the ground know what's going on, which is how it should be.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good grief, a tragic accident. My condolences to all affected.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok thanks , heard a rumor that a french airforce tanker had been circulating the area at 9km alt,

Well thanks for clearing that ,

Tip of the hat.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Not a picture I would want to post...

Condolences to the families for there loss..

Crash site pictures

edit on 24-3-2015 by Grand Master because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2015 by Grand Master because: Insert picture

edit on 24-3-2015 by Grand Master because: link

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

originally posted by: Rocker2013

We still don't know.

That's the media for you, yet the officials usually get the blame and/or people think every media speculative comment is somehow authorative. This is how conspiracies start like with some 9/11 stuff.

I agree.
I can almost guarantee that next week someone here will be writing a thread all about how this was a false flag by the NWO Lizard People, and that the confusion from the media is all highly selective "proof" of this and that.

It's a depressing reality that before anyone has even picked up a single piece of the physical evidence at the crash scene there are people thousands of miles away with no more information then the average news-watcher claiming it's something completely unproven and unfounded.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The question of why this crash occurred was posited on this site..here is the response that suggests EMP.

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It sickens me that the primary concern of the media is always "what were the nationalities of the people on board and were there any children?" It's like they're desperately hoping for a few young white American families to talk about.

People died in a horrible way... does the media really need to over-dramatize it?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So, aircraft in rapid decent, but airspeed did not increase appreciably. The lat/long both moving in a positive direction during the decent. There was one mayday. Seems it did not stall, aircraft pretty much on strait course before falling off radar. (that may happen if below mountain peaks and still flying). From that info, it probably did not nose in, perhaps an attempt to land in the flattest area possible, but fast. Electrical failure? Loss of power? Decompression?

Is there a better estimate as to what altitude that radar contact was lost from ATC?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Reports are now that the aircraft underwent a maintenance check yesterday, and a major check last year.

There's nothing left of the aircraft. It slammed into the mountain hard and disintegrated.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

You still have to explain how all these EMP events only affect one aircraft, despite there being so many in the area at the time.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Reports are now that the aircraft underwent a maintenance check yesterday, and a major check last year.

There's nothing left of the aircraft. It slammed into the mountain hard and disintegrated.

It seems like a lot of incidents occur right after maintenance is performed.

I suspect this is because of some part or connection being improperly refitted by an overly complacent maintenance crew...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join