It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus A320 crash in Southern France

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Whoops, nemmind. I was thinking pitot tubes.

Hehe. i'd have been suprised if those sensors were on bord

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

With so many planes using the same air space as this flight, why has it only happened to this flight? I'm sure that their were flights just before and after this flight in the same airspace and altitude, surely they would have experienced the same weather as this doomed flight!

That being said, I've just read that this particular plane was 21 years old.

One of our B737 was in the area around the time of the crash, the weather was not bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Pitot tubes are on everything. But they're the ones that got out as having a history of freezing over. Not AoA sensors.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The frozen pitot tubes were bad enough, but at least then the airplane didn't immediately try to kill you. Heh.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Pitot tubes are on everything. But they're the ones that got out as having a history of freezing over. Not AoA sensors.

Yep, thats what I meant. Not that im saying any of the sensors frozen over, but you would have thought after recent events that all problems with these had been resolved

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You would think. But the AoA sensors were found in 2008, and it's still happening.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
According to the french aviation authority the plane did not send a distress signal and it was air traffic control which decided to declare the aircraft in distress

Crash A320: l'équipage n'a pas envoyé de signal de détresse

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The frozen pitot tubes were bad enough, but at least then the airplane didn't immediately try to kill you. Heh.

Yeah!

The bad thing about iced AOA vanes is that many pilots still don't know that they have to turn off computers to force the system into alternate law in order to recover.
Airbus didn't inform the airlines and aviation authorities.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The aircraft is either largely intact, or hit hard. The wreckage is reported to be in an area just under a square mile.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Jesus. I know the urge is to keep major problems under the carpet as much as possible but that was just a stupid decision to not tell them.
edit on 3/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
iv been watching cnns live stream now ,

my friend actually predicted this in detail less then a week ago. im amazed and shocked .

www.playlivenew.com...
152 people on board including two babies my god my heart goes out to the families and friends . im following this closely and my friend is really upset that she foresaw this .
edit on amTuesday150109am.am39 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Condolences to those who lost their lives and to their loved ones.

Another tragic crash and another round of cover ups I presume!

My money is on an EMP as this was predicted to happen 20 years ago and all the predictions are coming to fruition.

Judging by the uptick in frequency of crashes over the last year,Planet X and its effects are drawing closer to climax.

People need to get the word out on this and hopefully it will save more
Lives!

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

And yet again, only one aircraft was affected by this EMP burst, out of all of them that were flying in the area.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: EndOfDays77

And yet again, only one aircraft was affected by this EMP burst, out of all of them that were flying in the area.

Among them several Air France Airbusses, and BA busses (and other airlines as well)
Must be a selective EMP burst.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Distress call/no distress call - which is it?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Lack of money and lower profits means corporations have to cut back somewhere, and this will inevitably affect safety and standards.

I'm not sure that was the case here. Germanwings is owned by Lufthansa, who: "The Group expects to post an operating profit of around EUR 1 billion for the year, excluding the impact of any further strike action between now and year-end."
Source: www.lufthansagroup.com...

That's a PROFIT of 1 billion euros last year. Not sure how it's going so far this year, but towards the end of last year this article came out: www.bbc.com...
With this quote: "The airline group said it expected operating profits in 2015 to be a "significant improvement" on its projected €1bn result for 2014."

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The latest reports are no distress call from the aircraft, but by the controller.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Please stop speculating! This stuff adds to fear and misconceptions particular to the drama from the news media. The news media can't even report the sunrise accurately. They can not get the number of soles on board correct...142, 148 or 150? They report the extreme rate of descent. Someone should tell them that the airplane must be able to descend from it's maximum operating altitude to 15000 feet within 2 minutes to be able legally to carry passengers. This means a descent from 38000 feet to 15000 in 2 minutes or about 11500 FPM. The news was reporting 3000 FPM as an extreme descent. Reporters are not pilots who report to non pilots a very complex science with great drama.
edit on 24-3-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

I agree, generally speaking. We should all learn our lesson post-MH370

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Man I hate flying, Yeah its safe and all, but this is most peoples fears and it doesn't happen all the time...(not to personalize this) My heart goes out to those involved, and I am barely here posting as is...but it seems every time (and its not much) I fly over seas (just got back from a honeymoon) something like this happens. It almost feels like I am dodging a bullet whilst playing Russian roulette. Was flying same time mh370, also when other one getting shot down, and not too long ago again when that other plane crashed in Asia/Indonesia area... I guess that is sheer coincidence though as there are soo many planes flying around at once and im sure I am not alone in this little quirk..but doesn't make me any calmer when i do fly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join