It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christians" who use satanic imagery as their profile pictures...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

God is The Light and within The Light is Life, and because of that , I'm not convinced God would inspire people to represent themselves with images of death and darkness.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Your argument is predicated on these images being images of death and darkness to begin with. A wolf necessarily being an 'image of darkness' is bizarre to say the least.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

God is The Light and within The Light is Life, and because of that , I'm not convinced God would inspire people to represent themselves with images of death and darkness.

The Pope has recently stated that animals go to Heaven. Well then, Wolves go to heaven.

How can a Satanic creature end up in heaven?

You need to separate the Word of God from the word of man. Man uses words to instill fear into the flock. Man controls by fear.

Look to God to erase your silly fears.

They are all only pictures. Why do you fear pictures?

P

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yet you stated that the God of Ezekiel is Satan, and the enemy of Christ. That would seem to suggest you are a gnostic. By certain Christian definitions, gnostics don't go to heaven. But you won't see me attempting to make that call?

Inspiration comes from many things. It can come from pain, from nature, from the art of others, from everyday mundane things. Inspiration is subjective, and not indicative of whether or not someone is a Christian.

You claim you aren't judging anyone yet your thread title and your own words suggest otherwise. I will leave you to that, since we seem to be having a one way conversation. God bless

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am a follower of Christ and his teachings (not sure i would say im a Christian, but I usually do just to save time...) and I have a Muslim as an avatar. Some people consider Islam to be evil, or a satanic/pagan creation of the Catholic church even. Anyway, I guess I'm not very "Christian" after all because I have friends from basically all walks of life. I love all humans. You know, like Jesus, but not like Christians. I may even speak harshly to people sometimes but that doesn't mean I don't love them. But this thread is specifically about avatars, so, I digress...

I have enjoyed a lot of your threads, but I think you have taken things a tad bit too far this time. Still love ya though!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

You say you do not judge the people who have wolves and skulls as avatars, and yet here you are, making judgements about what their avatars mean, despite having been told, explicitly, that your analysis has absolutely nothing to do with the truth.

The meaning of a members avatar, or for that matter, their stylistic preferences in the physical realm (as opposed to the binary one) are for THEM to decide! If you are committed to not judging your fellow human beings, then you will simply accept that. If you come back with some sideways remark about how this image, relates to a manifestation of evil in this, that, or the other passage of the Bible, then we will know that your professed wish to avoid judging people is false, and that in fact, that is all this thread was about from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Absolutely, it is for them to decide. I never denied this. I simply said thatin the Christian sayings of Jesus Christ, the wolf is associated with the false prophet.

Obviously, everyone has their own meanings to different symbols but I was only pointing out the symbol according to Jesus taught to his followers.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I simply said thatin the Christian sayings of Jesus Christ, the wolf is associated with the false prophet.

What a load of crap.

If there's one thing that is more annoying than a Christian judging others, it's a Christian obsessing more on prophecies and symbols than simply trying to become a better and more loving person.
edit on 25-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

Being a loving person involves speaking against the wolves trying to get people. Skulls, darkness, and wolves - symbols of death and the devil are becoming more acceptable even to those who believe in The God of Life.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Being a loving person involves speaking against the wolves trying to get people.

I don't see how an image of a wolf would be trying to get people but please continue to clumsily try to rationalize your OP instead of admitting it's simply your personal preference to dislike dark imagery.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

It's a metaphor. I'm saying the darkness is trying to get people by trickinf them to accept dark imagery of death which is against God - The Spirit of Life.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

It's a metaphor. I'm saying the darkness is trying to get people by trickinf them to accept dark imagery of death which is against God - The Spirit of Life.

And I'm saying it's BS and that you don't know these people in real life and have no idea of the reason they like that kind of imagery.

The most likely it's because they like the aesthetics, not because "darkness" has been tricking them to like wolf pictures.

The Christian imagery is full of dead bodies and suffering yet it doesn't bother you? A wolf is a divine creation and a beautiful animal. Without wolves we would have no dogs today, an animal putting his life in service of humans. Think about it.

Just stop embarrassing yourself here pretending you know what motivates people. You sound like those square people who were saying Rock and Roll is the music of the devil.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

dark imagery of death

Would you be as vitriolic against Christians that use crosses as their avatars. Or should we also demolish great cathedrals that have gothic gargoyles their roof lines?

Personally I like any H R Giger artwork. It taps into a dark place of the subconscious.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Jesus warned about ravening wolves in sheep's clothing.

Well he was speaking of "wolves" who appeared as normal on the outside, but on the inside they were like vampires and their true intent was to eat your soul...a lot like Jehovah of the Old Testament.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

red goat-man with horns as an image to present themselves yet say they are Christian,

This goes way back even before the Bible days. The fear, an archetype of animals that would kill you for food if you weren't on the ball.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cloven hooves in culture
Unclean animals in religion

The distinction between cloven and uncloven hooves is highly relevant for dietary laws of Judaism (Kashrut), as set forth in the Torah[8] and the Talmud.[9][10] Animals that both chew their cud (ruminate) and have cloven hooves are allowed (kosher), whereas those that have only one of these two characteristics are considered unclean animals and Jews are forbidden to eat them. This rule excludes from the diet the camel because it walks on toes (camel hooves are nails coming out of toes), and the pig because it has cloven hooves but does not ruminate

But according to St Paul if you are a Gentile Christian you get to even eat cloven hooves and stay "clean" because the Law doesn't apply to you.
Maybe Christians should celebrate 2 meals when they get together. Symbolically eating the devil at the beginning of a service to show that they have power over him and the Eucharist/communion eating their trinity god later in the service as a digestive biscuit to help with the reflux.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A wolf necessarily being an 'image of darkness' is bizarre to say the least.

In fact Wolves play a very important role in the eco system, being scavengers they bring balance.
A bit like TheConstruKctionofLight bringing Light to the dark minds of the life hating christian death cult.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King jr

Shouldn’t we be going with the ethos…

Let them not be judged by their Avatars, but by the content of their posts…?

Just a thought…

- JC

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join