It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A SC cat missing since 2013 returns home, you'll never guess where he was found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
One day Kevin wanted to travel...

One day when his owner let him go outside, he vanished. Months passed.

“I assumed someone must have picked him up,” said Cheryl Walls, in an NBC News interview.

Recently, Kevin was discovered in the back of a woman’s U-Haul trailer when she was stopped by an inspector at the California/Arizona border. Kevin was dehydrated and transported to a Riverside County Animal Services shelter in Blythe, Calif.

With my grey tabby being missing right now, stories like this give me hope someday, maybe not today, but someday she'll come home. She's definitely missed. I'll admit, sometimes I get fanciful and wish that my kitty ran away from my sister in NC to chase me down in PA. I doubt it, obviously, but a gal can hope! LOL My sister goes to the Humane Society and various shelters in the area to check for her daily, yet they tell her not to get her hopes up that my cat has already been given to a dog fighting ring. Which frankly makes me wonder why they think they seem to KNOW she's dead. It's an irritant to me to tell an owner to "give up". I'll give up when I darn well feel like it and not a second sooner!

Come home Trouble! You are missed! You've had your lifetime adventure. Time to come home and tell me all about it in your secret Tribble Language!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I had a cat that went missing for years, and one day it showed up at the door step in a bad state (he had a hole in his head), I think he came back coz he knew that my dog was dying, a week after his return the dog died, and a day after that the cat died

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
One of my cats went missing once.
She was gone for two weeks. We'd put signs up, called vets and shelters - all the usual stuff...
but really, we'd given up. I told my kids we probably wouldn't see her again - that she was probably dead, and had left home to die somewhere...

...then one day, when I pulled into the driveway as I arrived home from work, there she was...
she came running down the driveway meowing like she always does when I get home.

It was odd, but very welcome! To this day we still have no idea where she was. She'd lost some weight and was a bit skinny, but nothing too drastic - and she's still with us (she's asleep next to me now). She's 13 years old.

You never know, your cat might come back too.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
but do they go missing or just don't really care about sticking around?
when a pet goes away it's always painful, i know, but cats show affection out of convenience, sorry to say.
I am sure missing cats will come back to their owners the moment it is convenient for them to do so. so hold on tight!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Incredible story! Thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How sweet! We had two of our cats go missing at the same time. I have wondered what happened to them.

My mom, who has become a bit "over the top" thinks that her Muslim neighbors took them for nefarious purposes.

I just hope they found a new, good home.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24
One of my cats went missing once.
She was gone for two weeks. We'd put signs up, called vets and shelters - all the usual stuff...
but really, we'd given up. I told my kids we probably wouldn't see her again - that she was probably dead, and had left home to die somewhere...

...then one day, when I pulled into the driveway as I arrived home from work, there she was...
she came running down the driveway meowing like she always does when I get home.

It was odd, but very welcome! To this day we still have no idea where she was. She'd lost some weight and was a bit skinny, but nothing too drastic - and she's still with us (she's asleep next to me now). She's 13 years old.

You never know, your cat might come back too.

My sister started out babysitting my cat, and ended up adopting her, but funny enough, we both still consider her my cat. She began babysitting her while I moved to PA to look for a cat friendly place. Before I could even find one, my sister was calling me telling me her antisocial dog somehow fell in love with Trouble and began protecting her. She wanted to know if she could keep Trouble. I said sure. Now mind you, we tried keeping Trouble an indoor cat, but she categorically refused to go along with it. She would take the floor register covers off and try to crawl inside the tubes into the furnace, so for her own safety, we got her all the outdoor shots and let her outside.

We had found her as a teeny baby up in a tree many moons prior and tried to find her original owners. Took her to see if she was chipped at the local vets, had her photo take and her picture put up on the wall with our number, no one responded. My sister was going to adopt her, but Trouble took to me, not her. So I adopted her. We tried finding her a home, twice someone adopted her, and both times she was brought back, so she was definitely mine. I took it as a sign that she was meant to be here.

I truly wonder if she went on a little adventure because it's her time to be with another family who needs her at the moment. At the time she came into my life, I was suffering from a very deep depression because I was going through a divorce from an abusive marriage, and was dealing with my daughter being placed in various psych wards in PA while being so far away in NC and not being to see her. (In many states, they see Autism as mental health issues.) It got so bad, I fell off the wagon. I cleaned up because I have too many control issues to let alcohol take over me.

When Trouble entered my life, there was a rock just for me. I had someone who would listen at night, someone who would make me laugh, and someone I could hold and just know eventually, maybe not now, but eventually, it would be ok. I like to think maybe God needed her elsewhere, and that's where she is now, fulfilling her mission. It helps me to worry less about her. If any of that made sense.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Your story is heartwarming and I hope you find your cat.

BUT

You need to see a doctor at once!
You've been infected by Clickbait titles!!

If you don't take care of it immediately, you might just end up like that woman who's recent health discovery may SHOCK you!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Your story is heartwarming and I hope you find your cat.

BUT

You need to see a doctor at once!
You've been infected by Clickbait titles!!

If you don't take care of it immediately, you might just end up like that woman who's recent health discovery may SHOCK you!

LOL Too funny!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thats a cool story.......cats are trippy animals....my mate had a cat who was shot through the head by some nasty so and so and somehow survived,the cat took off and came back 2 weeks later with the arrow still in its head,somehow the arrow missed the vital parts,my mate snapped the arrow in 2 and pulled it out,you could see clearly through the hole it was freaky.....the cat made a full recovery

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Thats a cool story.......cats are trippy animals....my mate had a cat who was shot through the head by some nasty so and so and somehow survived,the cat took off and came back 2 weeks later with the arrow still in its head,somehow the arrow missed the vital parts,my mate snapped the arrow in 2 and pulled it out,you could see clearly through the hole it was freaky.....the cat made a full recovery

I had a cat up in NY that began getting a lump on it's stomach, next thing we knew, before we could even make the vet appointment, a hole began forming on it's head and it began pussing up almost immediately. She lost balance, couldn't sit anymore, every time she wanted to lie down, she'd fall over, it was literally a matter of a week, and she passed away. The vet said it was a very rare cancer. She was a mixed breed. Her father was a cat breed from Australia, and apparently the cancer was specific to the breed, she wasn't even 6 months.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, don't worry, hopefully on Tuesday, Tiger will have a new buddy. I'll take pictures of her when she arrives. She's a new kitten and this time, hopefully; she will be an indoor cat. Sorry to say, but Trouble is lost and I don't think I will find her. It's been two months to the date. Time to move on.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
Well, don't worry, hopefully on Tuesday, Tiger will have a new buddy. I'll take pictures of her when she arrives. She's a new kitten and this time, hopefully; she will be an indoor cat. Sorry to say, but Trouble is lost and I don't think I will find her. It's been two months to the date. Time to move on.

I can't wait to see her. Can I help name her? Or do you already have a name in mind? Try to get one with black fur if you can. They're adopted out less and are euthanized more often.
edit on 3/31/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

top topics

join