It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks are being told to call the cops if someone attempts to withdrawl $5000!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'll end here with the rant.

I JUST LOVE THE FACT I BROKE MY BACK AS A FIREFIGHTER/MEDIC/RN... 7 Failed back surgeries... after almost 2 decades of this line of work.. only to have the Feds/Banks tell me how to spend or not spend the money I F%%%ING WORKED FOR AND PAYED TAXES ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is how the Obama administration has planned for, and has put in place his "Raw Sewage Spill" of human robots to all the right appointments so that they can implement and slowly exercise these kinds of goals until the entire system has no more freedom left that people can have the power to stay outside of the control or the reach of government. This way you will always be at the mercy of an inescapable system of control, that is intended to give all the leverage to their own personal government, and not the government of people, and leave the fate of liberty within the hands of those who want it all in their hands, and not in the hands of citizenry.

Look at the kind of human scum they need in those high places to initiate these kinds of things? The most corrupt and hypocritical human beings on the planet.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: Anyafaj

I read this on What really happened.com a couple of day ago. I can't find the quote right now and it is past my bedtime.

I distinctly recall this $5000 thousand as being an 'aggregate' amount although it did not say over what time period. I double checked the meaning of aggregate at the time. This is concerning because I take out more than that a year.

The other thing I remember is that the banks are required to turn in a certain amount of accounts per year. So if not suspicious find a reason to meet the quota. Most of us meet that.

This reminds me of the 'drug on war' thing (sorry too much to drink tonight) and local police confiscating any and everything for whatever excuse they can make of a suspicion.

The latest repudiation of the war on drugs ability to confiscate at will has been replaced by this latest act. Makes it much easier and more of us will be the victims

Dang! If you been drinking. That's actually very inelegant..

I haven't started and I already had to edit every post... ( fat finger small tablet issues ). Star!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Double fatty finger click..
edit on 23-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: double post.. delete!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

fat finger small tablet issues the reason I didn't post in the first place.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It's looking more and more to me like they want everyone to switch to a cashless society. I wonder how many people will be put out on the street by this law? Imagine they take $5k, when that was a person's down payment on a home! Most people do write checks to the banker for a down payment, but imagine the people that don't know about this and will be caught off guard! They don't have their down payment for the house, then they don't have the money to move into a home! Or a vehicle, or anything that costs that much that could be legitimate! I hope this news goes viral on all of the MSM. Please share any links of MSM news covering this (besides WSJ). I have a feeling that this press release will be highly suppressed.
edit on 3/24/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Say you deposit $10k into your bank account. The bank has to put aside $1k in real cash and can then use your remaining $9k to loan to others. If your sister goes to get a loan from that bank, they can loan her up to $8K of YOUR money. They can also loan the next person asking for a loan up to $7k of your money, and so on...

That is not how it works. It is how they want you to believe it works.

Steve Baker MP said “Whenever a bank makes a loan, it simultaneously creates a matching deposit in the borrower’s bank account, thereby creating new money.”

Peter Lilley MP set out the process by which money is destroyed: “By contrast, when a bank loan is repaid, that extinguishes money; it disappears into thin air”

Source

Banks do not need deposits to make loans. You have been lied to.

There is also little reason for the bank to destroy the money at the end. This is why they make billions each year in spite of things going wrong. It is also why we the people can never win. How do you go up against banks when they make money from thin air.

P

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wow. Talk about being behind the times. This is a law from 1970. Yes 1970. Called the The Currency and Foreign Transactions Reporting Act of 1970. Bank Reporting Guidelines

The federal government requires banks to report smaller transactions that may be a sign of suspicious activity. Federal guidelines say suspicious activity could include a deposit or withdrawal of $5,000 or more by a customer who doesn't normally make transactions that big. Banks may also report transaction that fall just under the BSA's $10,000 limit or that have no "apparent lawful purpose," just to be on the safe side of the law. Critics of the law say the standards for suspicious activity are far too vague to be effective.

I have to admit is pretty funny to see Obama being blamed for a 45 year old law. I am guessing this law is so old the the people reporting it as new were not born when it came, thus the confusion.
edit on 24-3-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Money is a product of debt. It is promissory note. The Federal Reserve does not send money to you and I...it goes to the banks and are still promissory notes. I could SOURCE this 12 ways from Sunday but look at the $1 bill....says it's a promissory note for all debts incurred. It is a debt.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good. Suspicious activity should be reported by banks.

OP I'm interested to read more, but the link you provided was in the text that you quoted, and I doubt The Wall Street Journal would quote itself. Could you give us the link where you read this? I clicked the link, but I don't have a subscription to TWSJ, so I was unable to read the full article.

This smacks to me of some site that caters to conspiracy theorists and easily riled dumbasses by quoting snippets of content and drawing outlandish, click-bait articles.

Saying that the government is going to steal your money if you withdraw over $5k is ridiculous, even after reading the quoted portion in the OP.

Saying that banks are forced to report it seems a bit odd, the way I read the SNIPPET posted made it seem as if banks were required to report SUSPICIOUS activity after a certain dollar amount. So if someone never takes out a large amount of cash, or is suddenly rich and starts taking out a ton of cash, it may be of concern.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
This gets to me - I doubt I will ever have to withdraw $5,000 in cash, but it really isn't that much - and to have the cops called when someone has quite probably done nothing wrong? That is offensive to me.

Hey, those margarita machines and new cars aren't going to buy themselves, you know.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I worked at bank over 10 years ago and we had to report, to the IRS, any cash deposits over $10k. The form for reporting over 10k in cash is different from the Suspicious Activity Report.

The over 10k form is pretty routine. Think about - Walmart, grocery stores, other large businesses, they are depositing more than 10k regularly.

The Suspicious Activity Report (called a SAR) is to be filled out at the teller's discretion and can be filled out for ANY reason. It is the teller's decision totally - one could be filled out against a bank customer whether or not they withdrew $5k.

How to NOT have a SAR filled out on you:

---Do not make a bunch of weird deposits trying to avoid the 10k reporting requirement. If you go in every week and deposit $9,872, someone is going to notice eventually. This is now 'suspicious' because why are you trying to avoid the IRS form? If you are legitimately earning and paying taxes, you should not be trying to be avoid the form. It should be routine for you.

---If you want to make a large (say $3k or more) withdrawal, just call the bank in advance. "I want to buy a used car and plan on withdrawing $7k, when can I come and pick this up?" Does it have to be true - NO. But it needs to be believable. Just like the poster above described doing - that is exactly what you do.

---If the bank says they have to 'order' X amount of cash for you (they are lying, for the record) don't flip out. Simply say "OK and when can I come to get it. I really need it by X date to do "whatever." Flipping out is suspicious. For all the bank knows, some drug dealer is holding your wife hostage and that is why you are making the withdrawal.

---Actually GO INSIDE your bank sometime. Don't be an unknown person. Go in and deposit some small amount into your savings, order your checks or your new debit card directly from a teller instead of online. Ask for a roll of quarters to use in vending machines, even if you don't need them. You'll be less 'suspicious' if they know you.

Your former bank teller

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Thank you for that lovely view from inside.

But ........

Why should I have to make up stories to spend my own money.

What business is it of the governments, the IRS or the teller, what I do with my own money. You are telling us it does not have to be true ... just believable ... why? It is my money and I will spend it on whatever I want. Why should I lie. I do not believe in lying.

When did banks become an operational arm of the IRS and Law Enforcement.

P

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: skunkape23
Let's say I'm a bajillionaire.
I want to buy a new Bugatti...cash.
Is this going to be a problem?

Give me a couple of weeks and a few Loomis Security Trucks to pull that together for you, cops should be here when you arrive.

Screw it then. I'm just going to buy that pristine '72 Toyota Celica for 2 grand.
I'll probably get more tail with that one anyway.

Awww, do what I did. Put it on credit card and spring for that sweet Saab 2001 93S Convertible. Foreign used car lot wanted almost $7945, I got him down to $5000 even with an added 90 day bumper to bumper warranty for $150. (And my dad says I can't haggle! LOL) My sweet baby has only had 3 owners before me. Excellent condition and very well cared for by the previous owners. Very, very, VERY little rust! On one of the nicer days, I tested the convertible and it works great. (You'd get more tail with mine than with a Toy Yoda)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm simply telling you (and anyone with a brain who wants to listen) things to do to make it much less likely a SAR will be filed in your name.

If you would like answers as to 'why' you have to explain, please ask an IRS agent or a lawyer.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
I bought a car cash for 7600 dollars a few years ago. I just called ahead and asked the bank if I could do it. Conversation went something like I was on the right track to doing such a transaction.
I think it's more of a way to deter people from just spontaneously going into the bank and withdrawing thousands of dollars on a whim. First off it's weird, second why would you carry that amount on you? Third, some banks don't even have a float of that much cash sitting outside the vault which is most likely on a timer to open twice a day.

This is a good case of better be safe then sorry. If you want to have thousands of dollars at your disposal at all times hoard all your money under the mattress. Otherwise just follow the rules, you chose the bank they didn't force you to use them.

I just think it's ridiculous that the Justice Department isn't telling banks to file an SAR form, they're telling them to call the cops. The cops, you know will seize that cash, file a report, do an investigation. In the meantime, you have to hope they don't "lose' the cash.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Banks must have a specific amount of tangible cash on hand for release to those presenting checks or cash witwithheld from deposits made by its members. Check this out:

Say you deposit $10k into your bank account. The bank has to put aside $1k in real cash and can then use your remaining $9k to loan to others. If your sister goes to get a loan from that bank, they can loan her up to $8K of YOUR money. They can also loan the next person asking for a loan up to $7k of your money, and so on...Your $10k deposit is used for many loans to others. Money does not really exist...the Federal Reserve is a private Company that prints out nothing really...it is all digital, as are electronic deposits, checks, etc...all without trading real money.

If 500 people went to their common bank to withdraw $20k each, that bank would not be able to comply...Banks no longer have real money, it's all illusion. So, knowing this, you can imagine what the government and Federal Reserve would do should threat of mass withdrawal of cash be a viable threat to their Grand illusion...like ceasing the funds of someone trying to take out their hard earned money...

I get that completely, but for the Justice Department to tell Banks to call the cops to have people arrested if they want to withdrawal their own money, it might tick off enough people it might cause a run on banks and have people start emptying accounts. Depending on their level of irritation that is.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

It's looking more and more to me like they want everyone to switch to a cashless society. I wonder how many people will be put out on the street by this law? Imagine they take $5k, when that was a person's down payment on a home! Most people do write checks to the banker for a down payment, but imagine the people that don't know about this and will be caught off guard! They don't have their down payment for the house, then they don't have the money to move into a home! Or a vehicle, or anything that costs that much that could be legitimate! I hope this news goes viral on all of the MSM. Please share any links of MSM news covering this (besides WSJ). I have a feeling that this press release will be highly suppressed.

I noticed a lot of the news links were "out there" links, including Prison Planet. I found that by way of Drudge Report, but when I did a search online, the link took me a link which took me to the one I posted, which had the hidden WSJ link. I couldn't read the WSJ link though as I do not have a subscription, so I was forced to just link to it for those that do have a subscription.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Good. Suspicious activity should be reported by banks.

OP I'm interested to read more, but the link you provided was in the text that you quoted, and I doubt The Wall Street Journal would quote itself. Could you give us the link where you read this? I clicked the link, but I don't have a subscription to TWSJ, so I was unable to read the full article.

This smacks to me of some site that caters to conspiracy theorists and easily riled dumbasses by quoting snippets of content and drawing outlandish, click-bait articles.

Saying that the government is going to steal your money if you withdraw over $5k is ridiculous, even after reading the quoted portion in the OP.

Saying that banks are forced to report it seems a bit odd, the way I read the SNIPPET posted made it seem as if banks were required to report SUSPICIOUS activity after a certain dollar amount. So if someone never takes out a large amount of cash, or is suddenly rich and starts taking out a ton of cash, it may be of concern.

I was forced to quote the article listed, and link to the WSJ as I do not have a subscription. Hopefully someone here does and if there's anything different, hopefully they'll be kind enough to share it with us. I first found it on Drudge, which linked it to Prison Planet. I tried finding a more valid link than Alex Jones, and what I shared was the best I could come up with. I wish more media covered this, rather than the conspiracy type websites. The way I read it, the Justice Department is FORCING banks to call the police and have anyone arrested who attempts to withdrawal any amount over $5000. That's how it seemed to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you want to avoid these problems the simple answer is to use a small, locally-owned bank and as another poster suggested, get to know the people who work there. If you live in a small town you will probably already know those people. Independent, locally-owned banks are also more likely to have cash on hand. I've never been asked to wait for cash nor ever questioned about withdrawal of large amounts (as in thousands, not 10s of thousands). They know that my daily dealings are in cash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join