It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Some insight for westerners who support Russian expansion into Crimea and eastern Ukraine.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
a reply to: dragonridr

With 76%+ voting for Yanukovich and 77% speaking Russian, both numbers are close to the 83% turn out.

It is also backed by later polls, so no, they are not wrong probably...before the poll, there already had been crap going on with the nationalists which makes extra support to get away from the Ukraine much more likely.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:03 PM
Yanukovych was Putin's man. Very little went on in Ukraine, that Putin didn't know about. The soon to be leaders of Right Sector (nationalists) mysteriously escaped murder charges and persecution in Yanukovych's Ukraine. They had ties to SBU (Ukrainian security forces) and FSB.

In modern Russia you have a dozen republics, oblasts, krais. How many of them would proclaim their independence, if they didn't think Russian army would be at their doorstep in a blink of an eye? All? Half? When asked about this, the Duma member replied: "Let them try" ("Пусть только попробуют"). Which in russian implies a threat. Which, I guess, would be a compelling masculine stance for some. I'm not one of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:56 PM
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Zbigniew Brzezinski has some very interesting things to say about what Putin is doing.

Yeah sneaky Brzezi...

The Grand Chessboard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives The Grand Chessboard

Publication date 1997

The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives is one of the major works of Zbigniew Brzezinski. Brzezinski graduated with a PhD from Harvard University in 1953 and became Professor of American Foreign Policy at Johns Hopkins University before becoming the United States National Security Advisor during 1977-1981 under the administration of President Jimmy Carter.

Regarding the landmass of Eurasia as the center of global power, Brzezinski sets out to formulate a Eurasian geostrategy for the United States. In particular, he writes, it is imperative that no Eurasian challenger should emerge capable of dominating Eurasia and thus also of challenging America's global pre-eminence.

Much of his analysis is concerned with geostrategy in Central Asia, focusing on the exercise of power on the Eurasian landmass in a post-Soviet environment. In his chapter dedicated to what he refers to as the "Global Balkans", Brzezinski makes use of Halford J. Mackinder's Heartland Theory.

Balkanization of Russia to ensure no rival emerges for American supremacy. That is US corporate interests. People be damned

edit on 25-3-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:12 PM
a reply to: pexx421

so long as they go along with the sell off of all their nations natural resources and public resources to our bankers at rock bottom prices.

Couldnt agree more. Rule from Brussels isnt doing too good for Europe. Now we have the TransPacific Partnerships quietly signed by our Governments allowing Corporations to plunder and not be held accountable for negligence, and in the event they are..the host Government pays the bill.

Maybe Putin is thinking NATO=encircling Russia with US bases=they will steal my oil, I'll have to eat Monsanto food and pay interest on "fiat" IMF loans.

Monsanto: the real reason for the conflict in the Ukraine??

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Mansato has nothing to do with the Ukraine conflict. This would mean Russia invaded to stop a company. Can anyone say that with a straight face?? Maybe Russia should send in spec ops to take out their board of directors. Hey even better since Russia likes assination they could kill them off with polonium did that before. I know this is a conspiracy sight but really people.

As far as NATO encircling Russia you might want to ask yourself why Russia's neighbors feel the need to apply for membership. Than go through all the requirements to join NATO if they don't consider Russia a threat. To join NATO is not easy and the government must vote be excepted buy in and participate. All this costs alot of money why do you think courier would spend millions to join if Russia is no threat odd huh.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:40 PM
a reply to: dragonridr

Did you even bother to even take more than a glance on that thread?

Ok I guess I can figure by "assination" you meant assassination,
but what does this mean?

and the government must vote be excepted buy in and participate. All this costs alot of money why do you think courier would spend

Can you reword it in English paying attention to syntax?

from the thread

Monsanto has an office in Ukraine. While this does not shout ‘culpability’ from every corner, it is no different than the US military’s habit to place bases in places that they want to gain political control. The opening of this office coincided with land grabs with loans from the IMF and World Bank to one of the world’s most hated corporations – all in support of their biotech takeover

edit on 26-3-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spel l ing

new topics

top topics
<< 4  5  6   >>