It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear a high pitched whistle outside my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wanted to post this in the paranormal forum, but being new I cannot.

Last year, for several weeks I would hear a loud, short chirp type whistle coming from outside my house, like someone trying to get your attention. Before commenting, please reread that last statement. It sounded like when someone at a distance tries to get your attention with a short, loud, high pitched whistle. This was no animal, it sounded human more than anything.

The whistling about drove me nuts, because I thought it was someone outside doing this to me. My wife never heard anything, because the sound only occurred when she was asleep, or away from the house. She would walk out of the room, bam, I hear the whistle outside. She would leave, I get a barrage of whistles until she gets back. I tried to record it with my mp3 player, but everytime I would hit record, the whistles stopped. When I turned off the mp3 player and was no longer recording, the whistles would start back up again.

I became isolated, and emotionally distant as I became obsessed with trying to find the source of the sound. I would not go outside because of this. I would hear it in the daytime, and at night. But at night I would also hear a whistling/whining sound. My wife could apparently not hear it, as the whining sound also only occurred when she either went to sleep, or was out of the room.

Please do not write and call this Tinnitus or I will go bonkers. Not everything that is unexplained is Tinnitus. It is NOT tinnitus because because a dog heard the same short whistle when I went to a haunted house business. When I was at the haunt, the whistle followed me there from my house, and repeated; the dog heard it because I saw his ears perk up as soon as the noise was made. Also at the haunt, the whistle changed to a low tone, and sounding like it was mocking me.

Also, I have heard a howling/dog/animal sound coming from across the den from where I was standing. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand it. It was not coming from outside, it was inside. My back yard is fenced in and there is no way a dog or coyote could have gotten in and made a sound from that direction.

Two to three times I have heard a very unnerving growling sound coming from the fireplace area in the den. It was NOT at animal. No animal I know of could make that sound, nor was inside my house. Nothing was there. I speculated this could be demons, but I am not sure what to think of this.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I wanted to post this in the paranormal forum because I think something is going on. Finding a legitimate explanation for this would mean a great deal to me.
edit on 23-3-2015 by StatesmanKY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StatesmanKY

Perhaps you should avoid haunted buildings??

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: StatesmanKY

The whistling about drove me nuts, because I thought it was someone outside doing this to me. My wife never heard anything, because the sound only occurred when she was asleep, or away from the house. She would walk out of the room, bam, I hear the whistle outside. She would leave, I get a barrage of whistles until she gets back. I tried to record it with my mp3 player, but everytime I would hit record, the whistles stopped. When I turned off the mp3 player and was no longer recording, the whistles would start back up again.

It's obviously the missus putting out the washing and whistling in the wind!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Perhaps, but the sounds originated from my house. It was not a haunted house per say, it's a business where you go through this maze and people try to scare you with all sorts of tactics. It was not an empty "haunted house" sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I will give you the same advice that my grandmother gave to me when I was troubled as a child. Sleep with a bible under your pillow for a week and see if your troubles go away. It worked for me. It also worked for my son when he felt that he was being haunted by his second wife after she passed away.

Ok. Now everyone can make fun of me.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Welcome StatesmanKY,
Just a few questions if you will.

What kind of area do you live in? Is it wooded?
What time of year did you hear the outside whistles?
Is the haunted house business close to where you live?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

*poke* *poke* lol

That would be having faith in an object. I have faith in Jesus himself, and that requires no physical book. Besides, I have a tattoo of His crucifixion on my right shoulder. I figure that would keep the demons away. I'm not hearing the noises anymore though. I'm just trying to find out what happened.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Welcome StatesmanKY,
Just a few questions if you will.

What kind of area do you live in? Is it wooded?
What time of year did you hear the outside whistles?
Is the haunted house business close to where you live?

Kentucky, I live in a suburb with lots of houses around, on the outskirts of the city. The area is not wooded, and the whistling sounds I've heard could not be any animal i've ever heard of. Sounds like a human to me.

February of 2014 is when I heard this for several weeks. I have not heard it since.

The haunted house is a business that people go to for entertainment. It's not a real haunted house.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

*poke* *poke* lol

That would be having faith in an object. I have faith in Jesus himself, and that requires no physical book. Besides, I have a tattoo of His crucifixion on my right shoulder. I figure that would keep the demons away. I'm not hearing the noises anymore though. I'm just trying to find out what happened.

Perhaps it was Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

*poke* *poke* lol

Perhaps it was Bigfoot.

I wish I could post this in the paranormal forum. *whine*

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh, ok. I thought you might be a professional ghost buster!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Perhaps a Moderator could move it for you?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Thanks for answering. I was just trying to get a feeling of your surroundings and if the business was near your home someone local could be messing with you.

I don't usually give much thought to demons but I can't say that they don't exist. I simply do not know. I have heard that you can buy something old, like at a estate sale for example, and bring "them" into your home that way. Again I don't really know, I've just heard.

I'm assuming that you are the only one hearing the growling also. I'm not trying to be funny and don't mean this as an insult but have you looked into your past for mental illnesses in the family?

edit on 23-3-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Gas meters, does your house or your neighbour’s houses have gas meters?
I sometimes hear the gas meters of neighbouring houses where I live whistling away of an evening, usually around dinner time.
I thought it was a whining dog in someone’s yard at first as that's what it sounded like to me.
I can see how it could also sound like someone whistling to get my attention but in my case it's clearly the gas meters.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I had an experience like this over the weekend. At first, the whistling sound sounded like it was coming from outside my window. Then after a few minutes it sounded like it was coming from inside my bedroom closet. I open my closet door and no one/nothing was there. When this happened I was the only one at home and the house was silent except for the whistling. I was so spooked to the point that I got up and checked the house for intruders. I still don't know where the sound came from, but it did kind of scare me.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Thanks for answering. I was just trying to get a feeling of your surroundings and if the business was near your home someone local could be messing with you.

I don't usually give much thought to demons but I can't say that they don't exist. I simply do not know. I have heard that you can buy something old, like at a estate sale for example, and bring "them" into your home that way. Again I don't really know, I've just heard.

I'm assuming that you are the only one hearing the growling also. I'm not trying to be funny and don't mean this as an insult but have you looked into your past for mental illnesses in the family?

Yes, to make a long story short, after all this happened I was diagnosed with an episode of psychosis. I'm on medication for life now. Everything seems to be going well at this point, other than my dreams where I am trapped in another world.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hammaraxx
Gas meters, does your house or your neighbour’s houses have gas meters?
I sometimes hear the gas meters of neighbouring houses where I live whistling away of an evening, usually around dinner time.
I thought it was a whining dog in someone’s yard at first as that's what it sounded like to me.
I can see how it could also sound like someone whistling to get my attention but in my case it's clearly the gas meters.

I'm sure gas meters are somewhere, but I don't hear them anymore. This only occurred for several weeks, and stopped. Frankly, I wish it were something as explainable as a gas meter or Tinnitus. I want answers. Maybe as soon as I can post this to the Paranormal Forum someone will explain.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Your experience reminded me of this story, "The Whistle" which was in a book I had when I was 9-10 years old.
Here's a reading of it:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've experienced, with a witness, what sounded like a water-whistle...the ones shaped like a little bird...hovering and circling about me. It sounded very close and I started circling and swatting at the air trying to hit it.
I have also heard one of those make-your-hair-stand-on-end animal sounds.
The best I can describe it is like the groan of an angry elephant.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've experienced, with a witness, what sounded like a water-whistle...the ones shaped like a little bird...hovering and circling about me. It sounded very close and I started circling and swatting at the air trying to hit it.
I have also heard one of those make-your-hair-stand-on-end animal sounds.
The best I can describe it is like the groan of an angry elephant.

That's it! It was more of a groaning sound than a growl. It sounded like something was in dire pain. How very sad to think about, even if it was a spirit of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join