It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Intelligent, sarcastic members!! PLEASE!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Please? I really, truly need someone to talk to, who makes sense. Who has a brain, and morals, and smarts, and humor. And I'm NOT being sarcastic. I am being as genuine as I know how to be. I am desperate for intellectual conversation.

I have never, ever posted a rant thread. So - this is it. My rant thread. I am almost beside myself. What ever happened to people who can see things with a sensitive but also cynical eye? With an overview of what is going on, who actually understand all this nonsense?!! Like Jon Stewart. Like Steven Colbert.

I want to talk to them.....I need people who have a sense of humor and are also bright enough to see through the CRAP that is this partisan divisive country. Who are able to do improv. Who understand sarcasm.

Please....where are you?
Who are you?

There are wonderful members on here, many of whom make me laugh. Even if I don't agree with your ideas, I just want to laugh. PLEASE!!!

edit on 3/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Like you would listen to me.

link   
It has been said that some people talk because they need to say something. Others talk because they have something to say.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

THANK YOU!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I sometimes feel as you do. But my sarcastic and cynical nature has lead me to just not give a **** anymore.

If it's any consolation...I see a lot of one time ATS arch conservatives changing their once Rush Limbaugh worshiping attitudes. Given enough time even they can see thru the BS.

edit on 23-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

And others sit through what someone has to say and only think about what they're going to say next.

Active listening (reading) - a dying skill.

link   

I wish I could have you over for dinner and drinks. My wife is a great cook. Sounds like you could use a shoulder to cry on.

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Really? I sometimes wonder if I see that also.

But I don't dare say it. And I hate that I don't dare say it!!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This always makes me laugh

link   
a reply to: BlueMule

That is exactly what it is. I just need some people who can think beyond...beyond...beyond their everyday stuff.
I wish I could come and have dinner and wine with you two, too.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Please? I really, truly need someone to talk to, who makes sense. Who has a brain, and morals, and smarts, and humor. And I'm NOT being sarcastic. I am being as genuine as I know how to be. I am desperate for intellectual conversation.

I have never, ever posted a rant thread. So - this is it. My rant thread. I am almost beside myself. What ever happened to people who can see things with a sensitive but also cynical eye? With an overview of what is going on, who actually understand all this nonsense?!! Like Jon Stewart. Like Steven Colbert.

I want to talk to them.....I need people who have a sense of humor and are also bright enough to see through the CRAP that is this partisan divisive country. Who are able to do improv. Who understand sarcasm.

Please....where are you?
Who are you?

There are wonderful members on here, many of whom make me laugh. Even if I don't agree with your ideas, I just want to laugh. PLEASE!!!

You could try contacting Edward Snowden, he likely has what you are looking for in bagloads for being so young.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I couldn't find a sarcastic way to reply to your thread.

PM me for more details... Or if you just want to chat

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sarcasm is only something you tend to appreciate when it is leveled from a POV you appreciate I've found.

For example, my sarcasm tends to simply tick you off.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Now, now, BuzzyWigs...

What's gotten you all ruffled up eh? I mean, I know that being a member of the human race can be somewhat like being forced on to a water slide full of effluent, but there is always the shower afterward to look forward to!

Seriously though, something devastating must have happened, for the solution to be to call on those whose primary response is sarcasm! I think I had better put the kettle on.

edit on 23-3-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I wish I could come and have dinner and wine with you two, too.

I get you next.

I have some recalled Mac and Cheese with your name on it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I know that being a member of the human race can be somewhat like being forced on to a water slide full of effluent, but there is always the shower afterward to look forward too!

It's the color of the shower that has her all worked up.......

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I'm afraid Eddie is out of my reach.
I need people here, on ATS, my web-home, to help me stay sane. To remind me that I'm not the only one who feels they are losing their minds.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

As an esoteric minded mystic my expertise is going beyond the everyday, beyond binary pairs of opposites. So here is my advice. Save some money and take a vacation. Go to my peyote church in Arizona, near Phoenix. The peyote spirits will heal your spirit. You'll need about $400-500 and about a week. It's a comfortable, safe environment.

www.peyoteway.org...

👣

link   

Ah yes... Fracking water...

Blearrrrggh.

I would not wash MUD with that stuff!

link   

god, please tell me it's LOBSTER mac and cheese!!
nom nom.
Had my mom take me to Red Lobster a couple of years ago for a birthday lunch - expecting it to look like the ads on TV - asked if they had Lobster Mac & Cheese. No.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join