It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan space scientists make wireless energy breakthrough

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Lol. This is for weapons. It will get buried. Trust me.
Interesting thread tho.
a reply to: eisegesis

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Here is the link for the space based solar collector concept:

Space-based solar power

It would be a fantastic weapon in the hands of [insert chosen villain(s) here], an entire city could be wiped at the bonus of a plausible deniability of an "accident".

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You are correct. That was a stupid mistake for me to make. I'm actually kind of surprised when I woke up and reread my post. Thanks

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nicholas tesla solved this problem years ago read up on it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthwilltell23
Nicholas tesla solved this problem years ago read up on it.

If you guys are afraid of wifi and computers, you'd be storming Nikola Tesla with pitchforks and torches today.

"I am going to send small amounts of power by means of high voltage EM fields that will BLANKET ZE EARTH!"

"GET HIM!" (raar)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
The danger or safety of electromagnetic fields is a matter of ongoing debate (such as with cell phones), but one thing that doesn't seem to be debated is the danger of breating moderate concentrations of ozone, which is something that forms when operating some of Tesla's insanely high voltage contraptions, like his 20 million volt wireless power demo. While ozone at extremely high altitudes may be a good thing, breathing it in at low altitudes can be hazardous.

Some poor woman built one of Tesla's contraptions in her unventilated basement and she was hacking and wheezing so badly through the recording I had to wonder if she was an eight pack a day smoker or was inhaling the ozone her Tesla gadget produced. I suspect the latter. Maybe she did too because she was trying to sell it.

Symptoms of Ozone Inhalation

Inhaled ozone irritates the respiratory system, causing wheezing and coughing, as well as asthma attacks and even death, with the level of injury dependant on ozone concentrations, length of exposure and preexisting health conditions, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Acute symptoms from exposures of 0.250 to 0.750 ppm consist of cough and dry throat, shortness of breath and chest tightness, dyspnea (difficulty breathing) and wheezing.
Those symptoms are what she had and I don't think it's a coincidence she had them after running an ozone-producing device in an unventilated basement. It was quite powerful as she had her house current capacity upgraded so she would have enough power to operate it. I don't think Tesla was aware of some of the safety aspects of some of his ideas, though in his defense he may not have known they produced ozone and he may not have known about the dangers of inhaling ozone.

I think any wireless power technology including the topic of this thread needs to be thoroughly evaluated for safety.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ah but it cost them 1 million dollars to do so........Hmmm sounds practical---kinda like LAW is suppose to be practical in this country----KINDA LIKE your suppose to answer a CLAIM in a defense summons in 21 days....Hmmm..when the plantiff can prepare his case and file when the time is to there advantage LIKE when the victom doesn't have a job and no lawyers are available-----I MEAN without private insurance for private attourneys------THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH OUT JUSTICE IN THIS COUNTRY........ALERT.ALERT.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking--- weapon

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

I`m wondering if that`s safe to stand in between ?

Electromagnetic induction safe, but less efficient.

Microwave radiation has the potential to be harmful at both high (gamma) and low (UV) frequency ranges. Depending on the method used and the amount of time spent in the "wave", it may just be like sitting in the sun for a few hours. I really can't say for sure. They don't go into details.

How about mounting the transmitters and receivers on top of electrical poles already in use? Or ceiling mounted instruments in your home. They did manage to achieve the transfer with pin point accuracy.

I'm researching at the moment.

Didn't Tesla invent a much safer way to transport power around
wirelessly?

Rebel 5

edit on 25-3-2015 by rebelv because: oops thought they're was a syntax error

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Not the same thing really this method of power transmission utilities direct line of sight microwave transmission(Point A to point B). Nikola Tesla proposed utilizing our Earths own magnetic field to transmit power essentially to any point on the planet. He even had a modicum of success managing to light a bank of 200 light bulbs at a distance of 26 miles.
edit on 26-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: rebelv

Not the same thing really this method of power transmission utilities direct line of sight microwave transmission(Point A to point B). Nikola Tesla proposed utilizing our Earths own magnetic field to transmit power essentially to any point on the planet. He even had a modicum of success managing to light a bank of 200 light bulbs at a distance of 26 miles.

Yes, that's what I thought, he figured out the earth is a giant
battery, per say, I know I'm oversimplifying it.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well i can see the japanese being driven to pursue this more than other given they are resource poor. did the article say the projection is 50 years away?

you know what they say, "desperation is the mother of invention", right?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What ever happened to Maxwell, and the inverse-square laws?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If this thing missed from space with the huge amounts of power it will no doubtedly have, it would vaporize all the water in a human. I'm sure they're gonna put it out in the middle of nowhere and have safety features, but I wonder if any nation would be against it maybe because it could be used as a space weapon?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Ah Maxwell and his quarternions.

Broken symmetry part of his equations? Rumored to be "tweaked" by Lorenz apon jp Morgan's request?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Ah Maxwell and his quarternions.

Broken symmetry part of his equations? Rumored to be "tweaked" by Lorenz apon jp Morgan's request?

Sigh...no!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yeah but inverse square laws are boring. I was trying to spice things up.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Yeah but inverse square laws are boring. I was trying to spice things up.

I know, all the inverse square does is explain why this whole "transmitted power" thing can't work...not much there unless One seriously likes math an such.

On the other hand..."spicing things up" can be a bit of fun; I've come around to rather liking "Cajun Blackening spice"...rather full flavor, without too much "heat"...seems to work well on lots of different things. And of course no "math" mucking up the mix...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Actually you had one of the best points in the thread.

As to the Cajun blackening spice, two things. Yum. Second, that in its self is a pretty cleaver nod to my joke. If you know what the references were I was throwing out about Maxwell then the Cajun blackening spice comments actually pretty damned funny. Or at least i laughed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join