It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Already!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For heaven's sake, people. I thought the motto of ATS "Deny Ignorance", not scream it every chance we get. I understand, this is the Internet, we get..heated, that's ok. I also understand that we discuss very sensitive topics here but for cat's sake, can we use some common sense? Just because someone disagrees with you, does not make them wrong necessarily or worse. Some examples of what is currently burning my biscuits :

1.) If someone criticizes Israel policies, that DOES NOT mean they hate Jews, are anti-Semitic, eats babies, etc. Put it this way, if I criticize American actions, does that make me anti-American, or merely someone who is looking at the broader picture and acknowledging one country performing less-than-ideal actions? In other words, get real, folks!

2.) Just because someone doubts a source/theory/viewpoint does not make them a shill/disinfo agent/tool of evil. That's at best, wolly thinking and at worst distractionary tactics.

3.) If you post about how someone did something awful, and I remind you that we have this thing called 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law", kindly refrain from telling me I need to support the cops/obviously this person is evil/they'r wGUILTY murgle burgle raaah hatespew. I don't buy that nonsense.

Seriously folks, we're supposed to be reasonable, grown folk here. For the love of Bast can we at least act like it?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

You should have been here during 2012.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We're supposed to be reasonable, grown folk here. But the human brain doesn't fully mature until people are in their 30s and 40s. So I suggest we ban everyone under age 40. That should fix the problem.

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

oh dear lord I don't even want to think about that....

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Most know how to behave on here, but there is always some that don't, such is life.

Were you a lurker previously, as you are commenting like you have been on here sometime?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Heh, at 48 going on 49 this year, I love to play video games and get down on the ground and roll around with kids.

Mater of fact: I have to leave in about 5 minutes, as I'm the Den leader for my Cub Scouts. I'm fixing to spend the next hour playing games and having fun with some 9 and 10 year olds.

And, as a side note: I find them to be much more reasonable that most adults that I know!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

There's nothing immature about that stuff. So there. 🙅

👣

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

yeah..I did lurk a bit. also been forum checking. Scary stuff. O.O

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

You should have been here during 2012.

Or at least even 5 days ago.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ironhawke,

Let me bring you in on a little secret.

This website is much like the moon. Sometimes it glitters, as it traverses its path through the star speckled sky, reflecting back so much of the suns light toward the observer, that it becomes difficult with the naked eye, to pick out details on its surface, such is the strength of its gleam. Sometimes it is slightly obscured by cloud, just enough that you can pick out the wonderful, intricate details of the craters and the "seas". Other times the thing appears red in the sky, dirty, crazy, or at the very least very unusual. Sometimes, it goes dark, and at other times, it gets eclipsed (in the case of cat loving members, this happens more frequently as their fuzzy pals stride imperiously across the keyboard, blocking their view).

However, what I would say to any new member trying to corral the membership, is good luck! Really, good luck!

I would also say that the best thing you could do, if you want to see some one hundred percent proof, full on, backwoods distilled crazy, just to compare this period in ATS history with, is check out threads that were created around the time of, and on the topic of, the US Presidential race that saw Obama elected!

Now THAT event was something to see from the perspective of membership. All manner of people were spitting blood for one reason or another, and sometimes you could barely read a thread without someone rupturing a blood vessel over some element of the election campaign, the candidates, and eventually, the winning candidate. It was madness!

Now, for all that I have said, it is important that a voice of reason speaks when the waters are less than calm. We DO all need to remember our values, and to respect the site and its owners, and most importantly, other members, when we post. But do not let occasional bouts of madness worry you Ironhawke. They come and go around here. The trick is to learn to see the wave, and then ride it out.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't entirely agree with your #1.

You may simply be criticizing the policies of Israel, but I have often times seen threads critical of Israel used to thinly veil bigotry and hatred towards Jews. The bashing of Christians, Jews and Muslims is very common on ATS and you have to understand why some people are sensitive to potential bigotry.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't entirely agree with your #1.

You may simply be criticizing the policies of Israel, but I have often times seen threads critical of Israel used to thinly veil bigotry and hatred towards Jews. The bashing of Christians, Jews and Muslims is very common on ATS and you have to understand why some people are sensitive to potential bigotry.

Agreed. Some posters dance along the line of bigotry and anti-semetic behavior, enjoying the time they get away with it. Simply starting a new profile after they get busted and banned.

I just recently went through this with a 'new' poster and ATS mods never stopped the posting. Their trick is to keep saying 'I'm not anti-semetic' while then arguing the Jews are behind this evil in the world.
edit on 23-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I personally just stop responding to people like that. Give them an "okie dokie" and move on.

(The real reason I replied is so there are 3 Trek avatars on this thread)

new topics

top topics

join