It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landmark study proves that magnets can control heat and sound

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Thought the OP stated that it's been proven that a magnetic field can direct and influence both heat and light?

As far as i know, we have a magnetic field reaching out into space, that MUST according to this research at least, also affect the heat and light emanating from the sun.

Since the Sun affects weather here on Earth more than anything else, it's an easy assumption that there may well be a link between our field, the sun and global temperature fluctuations.

edit on 24-3-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Thought the OP stated that it's been proven that a magnetic field can direct and influence both heat and light?

No, no, it said it had been found to affect phonons.

Phonons are ripples in the lattice of crystalline solids, or in the bonds between the atoms of molecules, that sort of thing.

The particular experiment in the OP used a tiny semiconductor "tuning fork" shape about the size of a paper match, with one arm 1mm wide, and the other 4mm wide. In a 7T magnetic field (think core of an MRI machine) right at absolute zero.

In that environment, the nice phonon ripples in the semiconductor lattice become uniform. Like waves in a slinky. With the field on, they got out of step and started running into each other occasionally, slowing down their progress.

Not at that temp, not arranged like that, not in a semiconductor, not in a magnetic field strong enough to rip your pacemaker out and you would never know it.

So if you're thinking of something like a handheld magnet being used as a heat death ray or something, ain't happening. The effect is very subtle and limited, and its usefulness was more in proving a computer prediction than in weather alteration.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation, but i wasn't imagining a hand held magnet powered ray gun, i was imagining our magnetosphere, acting like a fluorescent strip light with an igniter on the blink making the light from the tube stutter.

If the magnetosphere fluctuated, stronger, weaker, stronger, weaker..weaker, weaker, stronger, stronger, weaker...etc. and magnetic fields can influence phonon ripples that convey heat and light properties for molecular structures, this could - could potentially be part of the mechanism for a cause of periods of cooling and warming on through an interaction between the magnetosphere on the fritz as it were, and that affecting what happens here on Earth...even if it is only to the Nth degree temperature wise over centuries, the effects could be cumulative.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation, but i wasn't imagining a hand held magnet powered ray gun, i was imagining our magnetosphere, acting like a fluorescent strip light with an igniter on the blink making the light from the tube stutter.

Nah. It's not the sort of thing you get in the atmosphere in normal sorts of environments. It's more an effect you will see in solids, if they're very regularly crystalline, if they're in a cryogenic environment, and if they're in a colossal magnetic field. And even then, I'm not sure they won't find he was measuring some sort of constraint of electron motion due to the Hall effect or spin interference or the like, instead of it being a phonon phenomenon.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

maybe?
edit on 24-3-2015 by Pink Panther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well this would fit into the theory's in the videos " The Primer fields " .... a must watch.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
Well this would fit into the theory's in the videos " The Primer fields " .... a must watch.

It would be most interesting to know how a theory that attempts to deal with the duality of particles and waves in light has anything to do with lattice vibration incoherence in cryogenic solids subjected to extreme magnetic fields.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I think that's a fantastic point MysterX.
The Sun was found to be extraordinarily loud .
Sonically is the loudest thing around for 4 light years.
I believe the Sun is effecting us
in this way, just as with heat, we just arent up to snuff on how.
closed this page and this thread came up.
serendipity..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-3-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

edit on 25-3-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
as a boy i found magnets irresistably interesting. they were like magic.
i remember reading a ufo contactee story years ago in which 'liquid magnets' were a factor in the saucers propulsion system (supposedly). doubtless there are as yet unexplored uses for magnetism still to be found.

I wonder if it's possible to make an electromagnet out of mercury...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Please enlighten me

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Nah. It's not the sort of thing you get in the atmosphere in normal sorts of environments. It's more an effect you will see in solids, if they're very regularly crystalline, if they're in a cryogenic environment, and if they're in a colossal magnetic field. And even then, I'm not sure they won't find he was measuring some sort of constraint of electron motion due to the Hall effect or spin interference or the like, instead of it being a phonon phenomenon.

Best post i've read.in a while. Bravo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join