It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British faeces could contain £500 million of gold, silver and platinum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Q: how can I do this as a home business? Does anyone know? I mean chemically? Only intelligent answers allowed please.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A study by the US Geological Survey found levels of precious metals in faeces was comparable to those found in some commercial mines

It is said that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

And now scientists have found that precious metals like gold, silver and platinum can be extracted from sewage to prevent a small fortune being flushed down the toilet.

Although the prospect of digging through human excrement hunting for the gleam of gold may seem unpalatable, the figures show it could be a surprisingly lucrative enterprise.

Wow I wonder if Dog poo is the same? People always said if you can find a way to make money from dog poo you would be rich. I guess they weren't kidding. Come on people be the first in your neighborhood to refine and extract precious metals from poo and become a millionaire!

edit on 3/23/2015 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Q: how can I do this as a home business? Does anyone know? I mean chemically? Only intelligent answers allowed please.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[EX] A study by the US Geological Survey found levels of precious metals in faeces was comparable to those found in some commercial mines

It is said that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

And now scientists have found that precious metals like gold, silver and platinum can be extracted from sewage to prevent a small fortune being flushed down the toilet.

Although the prospect of digging through human excrement hunting for the gleam of gold may seem unpalatable, the figures show it could be a surprisingly lucrative enterprise. [/EX]

Wow I wonder if Dog poo is the same? People always said if you can find a way to make money from dog poo you would be rich. I guess they weren't kidding. Come on people be the first in your neighborhood to refine and extract precious metals from poo and become a millionaire!

Brings new meaning to skinning a turd for a ha'penny.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Fetch the gloves Baldrick, you've got work to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

i would like to see a breakdown of the figures :

the OP source article cites several origns for precious metals in brittish sewarage - in my opinion the most important are :

1 - industrial eflulent

2 - lost jewelry

while the claim of " gold from turds " may be dramatic - i suspect that only the two orignis i cite above would lead to any sort of profitable reclaimation process

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why it may be true, the idea is nuttier than a porta potty at a peanut Festival.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Noooooooooo don't shatter my hopes and dreams I'm going to make millions from other peoples poop and I'm not just making a big stink!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

How exactly does ones faeces manage to contain gold? Do we ingest the element via food and other associated consumables, then pass the stuff or does our body have a hand in somehow producing the element, if so is it of the monatomic variety?

edit on 23-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i wouldn't fancy panning for those particular nuggets.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I wonder what the per ton average is on specific metals? Plus you would have to fanout all over the UK and collect the poo from every waste treatment station. But the basic plumbing principles would apply crap runs downhill, Hot goes on the left and don't bite your fingernails.
edit on 23-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

After you figure out how to get rid of the refuse and separate the metals

you can refine the metals this way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Us Brits really do # gold

I wonder if I can send a turd to cash my gold

edit on 23-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This has to be laugh of the day, its utterly brilliant. Do admit to swallowing a gold cap when it came loose but it never dawned on me to fish around for the damn thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sounds like a rehash of an article I posted awhile back. I garnered some interesting replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fertile grounds those filtration ponds.
edit on 3/23/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

top topics

join