It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inbox erased?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Admittedly,I Very seldom check my inbox,but I do recall from the last time I checked,maybe 2 momths ago-there were Some u2u's-whether myself +the members agreed or agreed to disagree,is our own bizniz-but i was just wondering What happened to my inbx mail history??-there is Nothing,like I joined yesterday.I know I'm not a popular member and I honestly don't care-but I have had quite a bit of correspondence,even since the change-over to the new version.

So?
edit on 23-3-2015 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

You at least have my simpathy.

I thought I was the only one who was having some problems with this part. I don't get much u2u but if I try to read what is there, it is always so tiny I just don't bother anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I just checked too and 'nothing'. Not that I get much either but I was kinda proud of my 1 applause note...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It must be a new setting. I noticed a little bit ago that some of mine were gone. I guess now if you do not move them to saved they auto-delete after a certain time.

Yeah, I hate it to. I only had a couple but the info was really something I wanted to save.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Messages are deleted by the server after a certain amount of time.

(post by Raxoxane removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm curious about something too. I was sent a url to a website in U2U, and the next time I went to get the link, it had changed to www.abovetopsecret.com.

But on replying to the person who sent me the message, it was revealed to still be the original link.

So an auto-censor of external websites?

Seems a bit drastic...

Hmm . well not that I get many messages, I had received an applause, which has gone, more recently than the 2 remaining messages, so I assume messages that are not part of a correspondence are the ones deleted? Either way, might pay to copy and save messages you want, locally to your device..

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

When I have 3-4 or even 2 thread-or-post replies...I click just one, go back...and they've all disappeared without me being able to see them.

I had to start cutting and pasting them over to MS WORD 1st before I answer the first one. Big hassle...then I have to go bake to the o.thread and find my post and search out the replies that get deleted when reading just the 1st one.

tTried everything...even to use a couple of separately opened windows....I gave up.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Messages are deleted by the server after a certain amount of time.

Dear Mod, How long is a "certain amount of time" ?
What prompts it?
Does the feature erase unopened PM's?

I haven't had this happen until today, was only "gone" for two days, not unusual behavior for me, have been "out"for longer periods with out this occurrence.
My saved PM's are still there.

It is rather unsettling since I like to reflect on a persons PM before I respond, I guess I will just save them in the future.
Thank You

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

It's a set time, depending on what the server is set to. After the time limit is up, whether you are here or not they're erased. It's too save space in the database.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thank You, sounds lovely, we too must sacrifice a little.
So if one saves a PM it isn't deleted I will remember that.

Still, does it delete recent unread new PM's?

Hmm, Oh well Cheerio

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

If they sit long enough. I believe the timer is 30 or 60 days.

top topics

join