It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation of Kremlin Turf Wars Continue as Putin Fires Two Senior Officials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It seems things are definitely not stable in the Ukraine at the moment...

Four lawmakers quit Poroshenko’s faction in Ukraine's parliament — media
edit on 23 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Hmm, I still don't see it happening. But, who knows. The only reason for Kadyrov's turning on Putin could be if he started believing Putin is working against Russian people and Russia, considering Kadyrov is a great patriot. But very unlikely if you ask me.

If i were Putin, I'd be worrying about people with close ties with the western countries.

He could turn on him if he felt Putin betrayed him by arresting some of his Chechen fellows after the Nemtsov murder.
It looks like that was resolved with Putin giving him high medals and Kadyrov declaring publicly his undying loyalty to Putin.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I tend to think Chechnya is going to be the source of the next round of big problems for Putin and his hold on power.

Not only Chechnya, but also as mentioned Georgia, and Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan are also in the spotlight.

The Coming Color Revolution Chaos in Kyrgyzstan

NATO and the Upcoming Coup in Georgia

The US is juggling chaos and coordination in order to contain China

(post by johnwick removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The removal of Sergei Bolkhovitin and Morozov are NOT the direct targets...of course.

Putin is starting to chop down a big, powerful tree. You don't take them down in one chop, you cut some limbs off and make a plan for their fall.

I'd guess Putin's target is Volodin. He's been appointing mid level players for some time now. He could be a guy that Oligarchs consider an alternative.

Just speculation thou.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've seen all sorts swarm to threads to derail them, when the name Stratfor was mentioned as the source for the information. Not happening here for some reason. Maybe, along with this thread, we need to go back and see why those posters were derailing threads to diminish the veracity of the Stratfor information. I guess they should become more credible now that the site owner has used them as a source.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Or maybe Putin had no choice but to not take a hard stance against the west.

I kinda doubt that. I remember the old leaders of the USSR,and I'm sure some of them are still around. It is probably much like it is here,we have those generals that are war hawks and if they thought they could get in office,they would. Of course WW3 would be starting about 2 days after they got sworn in. I'm sure the Russians have them as well. Everyone goes on about hating Putin,but yeah those of us that are older remember the hardliners that Russia had. Russians from what I gather look at Putin as a moderate.Love him or hate him,thats how they see him.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
Everyone goes on about hating Putin,but yeah those of us that are older remember the hardliners that Russia had. Russians from what I gather look at Putin as a moderate.Love him or hate him,thats how they see him.

It is true actually. Putin isn't the hardest of hardliners in Russia. I wouldn't put him as moderate but somewhere between the two.

Lots of opinion pieces coming out of Russia on how the move against Ukraine was too weak. Scary if Putin gets pushed out of power cause moderates generally don't win Coups.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

What I don't understand is why would a non-russian person push Russian propaganda? It makes no sense. Why would I as Yugoslavian citizen or BornAgainAlien as netherlands( if im not mistaken) push Russian propaganda?

Can you tell us why?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Best part about your threads Mr Overlord, is it has made the identification of the Russian trolls that have bombarded the board lately simple. Makes it easy to skip over their posts.

So thank you.

I do think a power play is going on in Moscow, the high activity of these trolls ads fodder to the suspicions.

The Year of friendship with Korea, is a convenient friendship for both countries currently slapped with large economic sanctions. The invitation Korean Kim ( everyones favorite overweight Asian ) to visit Moscow in May is indicative of how low Putin has stooped to stick it to those who have forced International isolation on both countries .
Last year, Russia forgave 90% of North Korea's $11 billion debt. All this started with the sanctions. I suspect Putin sees Kim as a silly little Fat Boy with dangerous toys, a loose cannon, and get Nth Korea to do the dirty work. ALL Putins actions appear to be knee jerk reactions to wounded pride.

The rich in Russia, are not so rich right now. Up until the new year Russia's oligarchs, those wealthy that owned banks in Europe still supported Putin, even with the fall of their mineral and oil resources and the slaughter of the Rubel, probably due to two things;
A sense of inflamed patriotic sentiment after sanctions were slapped on them
Their billionaire status is because of being beneficiaries of Putin since the 90s.
These guys have paid the price for Putins aggression into the Ukraine, some losing up to 70% of the value of their companies in 2015.
This year though Putin destructive behavior is indicative of a "wounded animal" These oligarchs, now are quiet.
That is is what indicates a difference in the support of Putin.

I think Putins next move will be to nationalize foreign owned companies in Russia. When he gets more money from that, he will consider cutting off the Gas to Europe, he couldn't afford to do it this year, but by usurping the corporations (oil companies and the like) it will provide a massive cash injection to Russia.
This makes the oligarchs nervous, returning business to government control, will theirs be next?
There is so much instability in Russia right now,
Ukraine continued aggression was Putins biggest mistake, it will be his downfall eventually...Pride before the Fall.

Speculation...yes, but I can do that whenever I want Russian Trolls...

edit on 23-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I tend to the hypotesis that Putin disappeared while the situation was dangerous, but I'm not leaning towards him "buying" his life. I see it more probable that he had intelligence informations and managed to remove the threats one way or another and Istill have to make up my mind about his bodyguard, if he was involved as an aggressor or a victim. Then after things were settled 2 ministry were removed, maybe partly involved or maybe not anymore protected by exposing (inside, not publicly) their "overlords".

About Kadyrov instead I think he is dangerously close to being assassinated, that would open checnya terrorism bribery for Putin's enemies.

IF this soft coup was really behind Putin disappearance I hope you won't be so childish to think it was just an inside job.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Best part about your threads Mr Overlord, is it has made the identification of the Russian trolls that have bombarded the board lately simple. Makes it easy to skip over their posts.

So thank you.

I do think a power play is going on in Moscow, the high activity of these trolls ads fodder to the suspicions.

The Year of friendship with Korea, is a convenient friendship for both countries currently slapped with large economic sanctions. The invitation Korean Kim ( everyones favorite overweight Asian ) to visit Moscow in May is indicative of how low Putin has stooped to stick it to those who have forced International isolation on both countries .
Last year, Russia forgave 90% of North Korea's $11 billion debt. All this started with the sanctions. I suspect Putin sees Kim as a silly little Fat Boy with dangerous toys, a loose cannon, and get Nth Korea to do the dirty work. ALL Putins actions appear to be knee jerk reactions to wounded pride.

The rich in Russia, are not so rich right now. Up until the new year Russia's oligarchs, those wealthy that owned banks in Europe still supported Putin, even with the fall of their mineral and oil resources and the slaughter of the Rubel, probably due to two things;
A sense of inflamed patriotic sentiment after sanctions were slapped on them
Their billionaire status is because of being beneficiaries of Putin since the 90s.
These guys have paid the price for Putins aggression into the Ukraine, some losing up to 70% of the value of their companies in 2015.
This year though Putin destructive behavior is indicative of a "wounded animal" These oligarchs, now are quiet.
That is is what indicates a difference in the support of Putin.

I think Putins next move will be to nationalize foreign owned companies in Russia. When he gets more money from that, he will consider cutting off the Gas to Europe, he couldn't afford to do it this year, but by usurping the corporations (oil companies and the like) it will provide a massive cash injection to Russia.
This makes the oligarchs nervous, returning business to government control, will theirs be next?
There is so much instability in Russia right now,
Ukraine continued aggression was Putins biggest mistake, it will be his downfall eventually...Pride before the Fall.

Speculation...yes, but I can do that whenever I want Russian Trolls...

I agree he's going to nationalize companies under the guise of national security. And we're going to see very wealthy Russians flee the country in mass. Cutting off the gas no can't happen it's the only thing he has to make money. The moment the government can't pay salaries and pensions his done. They already are starting cut backs in the budget and when people feel the severity of the mess Putin created his support will dwindle fast.

Putin has built up support by paying more to govt employees and raising pensions. But as we see they can't keep up this level of spending as the Ruble tanks and inflation is increasing daily. By next year you will need a wheelbarrow full of rubles to buy a loaf of bread. This crash is going to be far worse than last time because last time countries helped through aid which isn't going to be there thanks to Putins isolationist policies.

(post by Ancient Champion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Ukrainian forces deliver artillery strike at railway station in Donetsk

Source

I guess you don't hate propaganda as much as you want other's to believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Can you tell us why?

I am betting that is a big...NO.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

a reply to: johnwick

What I don't understand is why would a non-russian person push Russian propaganda? It makes no sense. Why would I as Yugoslavian citizen or BornAgainAlien as netherlands( if im not mistaken) push Russian propaganda?

Can you tell us why?

The term "reactance" comes to mind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join