It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telegraph: Putin's war of attrition: Is Lithuania next?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
If oil prices stay this deflated for 2 years, I don't think we will be worrying about Russia.

So far, globally, the oil industry has laid off approx 100,000 people.

Of that 100,000...a shade over 75,000 have come from North America, with another 100,000 anticipated to go before the end of summer.

Russia...um, they increased their oilfield presence over the past 3 months.

That being said, this is ATS, so believe what ever garbage you want.
That's simple math. Have you seen how nicely they are using up their currency reserves?
www.cbr.ru...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: sosobad

Indeed. Kinda like when a members every thread authored since last august is about Russia/Ukraine. Hmm

I rarely start threads as shown in my history, but when I do they are for a reason unlike the multitude of bash america/west threads that have been started by a few. It's called staying topical.

I also have threads in the chemtrail forum care to comment on those?

Others do things it is showing their hand, you do it "it's staying topical". Suuuure

No, some others are clearly doing it because it's their job, they start these threads with biased sources, they comment in exactly the same way on every thread on the issue, they ignore or simply reject facts, they manufacture nonsense, and they do little else, if anything else.

Sure, there are plenty of idiots here who are genuinely simple-minded enough to think that because the US has done some things that somehow gives Russia the imagined right to start invading other nations and stealing land, but we can tell those apart in most instances, because their political/religious extremes are quite obvious.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: MrSpad

Russia its economy took a hit, but it`s not collapsing...

Russia Rebounds, Despite Sanctions

And Russia is also not isolated, Serbia, Asia, South America, Africa, Eurasia, Middle East are still all partially doing business with Russia.

Try telling that to the many hundreds of thousands of young Russians whose mortgages have doubled while their income has shrunk.

Life might be manageable for the Putin cheerleaders over 60 and with some savings behind them, but the youth and young families are feeling under attack. This is not sustainable for any long period of time, and all it's going to take to rattle Putin is an opposition making promises to fix it.

I wonder what Putin will do when an opposition movement starts to grow and his country becomes increasingly split between the extreme nationalists and the majority who want a better life?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
a reply to: Britguy
Russia took over Ukraine's primary naval base? You mean the one Russia had a long lease to operate from, with thousands of troops and other personnel based there. That one?

Based on that justification, I think it's time the United States invaded Cuba..

edit on 3/29/2015 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join