It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Event of a Coup, "Putin is Prepared to Nuke Moscow" (Ukraine Propaganda) Updated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Now, News Daily, out of the Ukraine has published this:
In the event of a military coup Putin is ready to launch a nuclear attack on Moscow

Is it me, or is this link going to a 403 forbidden?

Isn't it supposed to be 404?

See, I pay attention to what you are saying.
edit on 23-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: kitzik

The drawing power of SO on a subject is impressive thou...you must admit!

That's why he should refrain from posting painfully obvious propaganda HOAXES.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3Pass

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: kitzik

The drawing power of SO on a subject is impressive thou...you must admit!

That's why he should refrain from posting painfully obvious propaganda HOAXES.

SO would put it in HOAX if it was a HOAX but apparently not. ALso I support putin nuking his self. Please do,just remember to turn off the dead man switches first.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is a lot of arguing about the source of the headline "Putin is Prepared to Nuke Moscow." This comes from one source only: News Daily (Ukraine) - as originally posted by Skeptic Overlord.

Now, 'News Daily' is claiming they based their article on a 'Sputnik News' article that appeared on the French version of this Russian news portal on the 18th of March. However, I have searched that site over and cannot locate any such article. I searched it using relevant Russian and French terms. I searched it with the 'wayback machine' just in case the article was pulled. Again, nothing.

So it appears the 'News Daily' invented the headline, and gave it a false source that doesn't check out. In addition, the image snap shot of the 'Sputnik News' they show in their article, showing the top of Dmitry Peskov's head, belongs to the 'Sputnik News' article titled "Le Kremlin va prendre des mesures de stabilisation du marché des devises (Peskov)" (which has nothing to do with nuking Moscow), the rest of the image appeared to have been photoshopped with a different article heading and text above it.

Since then, the French-version of 'Sputnik News' has run an article (on the 20th) titled: "Ukrainian media: Putin is ready to drop a nuclear bomb on Moscow," which is a commentary on the propagandist headline in the 'News Daily.' It reads:

Total delirium?

Ukrainian media continues to misinform readers about life in Russia, suspecting Putin plans to launch a nuclear bomb on Moscow.

Ukrainian media continue to present life in Russia as a house of horrors. The online magazine Daily News recently provided its readers a dispatch entitled "If there is a coup, Putin will launch a nuclear bomb on Moscow."

The authors of the article cited a statement allegedly made by the spokesman of the Russian President, Dmitry Peskov.

"President Putin is ready for a nuclear strike on Moscow if the situation in the country fails to stabilize," said Mr Peskov, according Daily News. This "news" was quickly taken up by other Ukrainian media.

According to the Daily News, the Kremlin would be "terrified by new threats from the opposition, which has military units ready to take power. The President [Putin] is expecting armed aggression and is ready to oppose a violent response both outside and inside the country."

"If the opposition forces are undertaking an attempted military coup, the president does not rule out using nuclear weapons against the rebels," said the magazine.

To illustrate this delirium, [he] published an image made using Photoshop.

This is not the first time the Ukrainian media invented from scratch such "information" about "atrocities of Russian life." It was not long ago they mentioned the "panic prevailing in Russian airports overloaded due to the massive flight of Russians abroad."

Clearly the headline "Putin is Prepared to Nuke Moscow" is fake and generated by News Daily in the Ukraine. I don't think this topic should be sent to the HOAX bin however, as it is a discussion of the headline and whether it was real or propaganda, and not presented as actual news.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Clearly the headline "Putin is Prepared to Nuke Moscow" is fake and generated by News Daily in the Ukraine. I don't think this topic should be sent to the HOAX bin however, as it is a discussion of the headline and whether it was real or propaganda, and not presented as actual news.

No, it should just be left to linger so that anyone who visits the site and doesn't read the whole thread will not see the story is a blatant hoax........

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That would put Putin in the cross hairs of assassins, and present him as a Villain world wide. Lets hope he does not nuke anywhere, lest the nukes start flying all over. I think he is still empowered by the Oligarchy and supported politically which equals monetarily as well, which affects the world stage.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'd say that changing the title to something like "Ukrainian news site tries to spread lies about Putin suicide plan" and I do think it's important to see the exposed hoax since lately it seems people tend to believe only Putin has a propagandist agenda.

No hoax bin, this is not hoax, it's exposed blatant propaganda.
edit on 23 3 2015 by Mastronaut because: I suck at writing

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Appreciate the digging. As soon as they go to French sites I'm simply not equipped to try and track sources down.

Peskov could have been joking and someone took it literally??? Sometimes Russian jokes seem pretty outrageous if considered literally.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I mean, seriously, has ATS became a tool for pushing obvious propaganda?

Um… if you re-read the opening post, the presumption is that the story is indeed propaganda. The nature of the question, and hopeful discussion, is from whom in light of recent events from Moscow.

Suddenly, analyzing propaganda rising out of the Russia/Ukraine conflict is off limits for some ATS members?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Which is why I originally put it in quotation marks in the subject line, while also indicating the source.

I think the "Deconstructing Disinformation" is the right forum now.

I think the headline is unusually inflammatory, even for current Ukrainian propaganda… which typically starts via social media, not via fabricated news stories naming names.

Wars have escalated over less.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Nikola014
I mean, seriously, has ATS became a tool for pushing obvious propaganda?

Um… if you re-read the opening post, the presumption is that the story is indeed propaganda. The nature of the question, and hopeful discussion, is from whom in light of recent events from Moscow.

Suddenly, analyzing propaganda rising out of the Russia/Ukraine conflict is off limits for some ATS members?

I would expect primarily alternative views on alternative media, but lately it`s the other way around on ATS.

So the question about what becomes of ATS is justified, is ATS just becoming MSM with only some alternative views, but mainly Western mainstream (which has become nothing more as propaganda in matters regarding Syria, Russia and the Ukraine) ?

So what is your targeted audience ?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i bet this is ol vald's farorite song.

edit on 23-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This kind of delirium, the OP, is what happens when big empires start putting their most dangerous toys into the hands of delusional chuckleheads from the sticks. Nuclear weapons in the hands of independent Ukrainians is absurd, especially when you have "atomic playgirls" like Yulia Timoshenko giving voice to their innermost desires, i.e., to wipe out ethnic Russians in the Ukraine with nukes.

When the Russians got out of Ukraine, they should have taken the nukes with them.

The idea that Putin would nuke Moscow is absurd, but can anyone think of anyone else who might want to do so? I sure can.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank God it is propaganda......Whew.
edit on 23-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
The idea that Putin would nuke Moscow is absurd, but can anyone think of anyone else who might want to do so? I sure can.

It takes "more than two hands" to count the high-profile Ukraine extremists who would consider detonating a nuclear device in Moscow, then claiming it happened because a coup was in-progress.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Putin always sounds reasonable to me, but I am sure that he is vigilant, not paranoid. Anyone in his position or that of the President of the United States should be vigilant.

The notion that Putin would nuke Moscow to preserve his own position in the Russian government is ludicrous. However, propaganda has to operate on the level of the ludicrous sometimes, to allow for complete coverage of the intelligence spectrum of the general population.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Its full on information warfare and propaganda dissemination. The best way to cover the truth or release of verifiable information is too create misinformation and so much crazy news one can no longer read between the lines. It's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. When the height of information warfare reaches levels of such BS, one has to wonder what their covering up or hiding amongst the mountain of turds being called news.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Quite true. One hopes that they have not descended to the level of spite inherent in Israeli nuclear policy.
edit on 23-3-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Well hopefully it is just propaganda and not a glimpse into the mind of the ruling class in Russia. I doubt Putin would say something like this. I do not like him but he seems level headed and smart.

You mention sometimes over the top statements are needed.......You are wrong. This is not some backwater 3rd world country in Africa this is Russia one of the strongest countries on the planet. They need to keep things calm and level this is what is needed from a man of his position.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join